All member reviews for Aliens in the Attic

Kid, 12 years old August 25, 2013

Good, but not great

Funny movie, enjoyable to watch with family, though no positive messages. Very mild cursing, but okay for kids 7 and over.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2011

Great movie for anyone over 6

It's good but I hate it when they advertise so much, it's like the movie is more adverts than movie. I think that the role models aren't great haha with the eldest kid ruining her ex-boyfriends life! :L ah well it's really funny so yeah!
Teen, 15 years old Written byOGORMAN February 7, 2011

A wonderful family movie for kids of practically any age.

I babysit for a family of six kids ages: 4, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 11. We watched this movie and enjoyed it a lot. Though the kids are played by generally unknown actors (some breakouts like: Austin Butler and Carter Jenkins) the acting was still really believable. The aliens didn't really look like most people would think, they looked more like big green boogers to me, but the bond Hannah forms with the one nice alien is adorable. Funny jokes and sarcastic comments between the kids create a humorous air. Though you wonder how the adults can't hear the crashing and screaming from downstairs and the parental control seems slightly lost. Beth and Ricky's relationship is so fake seeming I don't even want to elaborate because it's doesn't affect the movie in any way. Comments? Questions? Concerns? Email me: ogormanscommonsense at yahoo. :)
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2014

Aliens in the Attic

My profile: https://www.commonsensemedia.org/users/epic-waffles Just fine movie that is one of those ok invading alien movies (excluding E.T. and Earth to Echo those are awesome) that are good for kids. Just has some violence. The "sexy stuff" is that a girl is dating a guy. The only consumerism is that a boy has a Nintendo DS lite, a boy mentions Xbox and the M-rated video game, Halo, and Nintendo's famous gaming console Wii is mentioned.
Teen, 15 years old Written by9steve February 11, 2013

aliens in the attic review for me and my kids me likeing it but not the kids.

bad for kids that dont like aliens.
Teen, 13 years old Written byILuvCandy August 7, 2012

entertaining movie

i really liked it when i was young and my 7 year old sister found the DVD and watches it always and i watch it with her!
Kid, 9 years old July 28, 2012

4 OUT OF 5 STARS

IT IS REALLY GOOD LITTLE KIDS MAY FIND IT FUN
Teen, 14 years old Written byHanna.R June 14, 2012

Inappropriate movie, no age should ever be watching this.

This is really not a movie for kids or for anyone in general, I really don't like the amount of bikini wearing in this for one thing. And then second of all I don't find the amount of groin hits that there are funny, after each one it's supposed to be funny and I really don't think that it's appropriate. Especially the sounds they make during each one like a crunching sound to try to make it funny but it's just inappropriate. Plus the kids in it decide not to tell they're parents about the main problem in the movie to lower it's appropriateness even more. Plus I don't like the intense amount of kissing and flirting either. I really can't believe something so inappropriate could be rated PG, it's really shameful. Plus I don't find someone lying to their parents so they can date someone at all appropriate. And to add, I noticed this in the background for the few seconds it was shown in one scene where a teen girl can be seen getting undressed and she's completely naked, you can see about 95% of her entire body and it's just horrible that they added this to a supposed kids movie!!!!!!!!! OVERALL, NEVER let anybody watch this, it's horrible to the point where it makes you wonder just what has truly happened to movie ratings!!!!!!!! Not even an adult or any age should ever watch it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 April 11, 2012

sci-fi meets silly kid romp in bland kid flick

this off-the-mark sci-fi film mixes together humor and violence. there are guns, but they are not lethal and are hand made. there are some uses of fireworks as weapons, and the aliens are sometimes scary.
Kid, 7 years old January 7, 2012

noooooooo

please 5 and under dont watch not ok
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 August 25, 2011

Surprisingly Enjoyable Funny Movie

This was a surprisingly enjoyable funny movie. Some language. No biggy except for an uncompleted S word.
Teen, 16 years old Written bycraftygirl202 July 26, 2011

Pause for Even Mature Kids

My little sister, Alyssa, watched this movie when she was seven in theaters. Although she was a very mature seven year old, I thought some things were sort of iffy for her. There was a few scenes of inappropriate stuff, such as sex and violence. Maybe you should wait to let your seven year old watch this movie.
Kid, 9 years old May 3, 2011

funny movie 8+

Aliens in the attic is funny but some stuff to look out for.Aliens in the attic is about a teen Tom who fails his grades.Tom and his family go on vacation.Bethany has a a boyfriend Ricky which he's a bad role model.Then aliens attack them.The movie is heavy on consumerism.Fun for the family.Enjoy my review and the movie.
Kid, 11 years old April 19, 2011

Not for little kids but good for tweens

Good movie but some humans stabbing aliens with knives and some bleeding, lots of bleeding and in one part, a guy said "sucks" because their vacation sucked because there was an alien invasion at their mansion and many other bad words like "crap", "stupid", "idiot", "princess", "tool", "shut up", "heck", "what the...", dumb", "oh my god" and "loser". My 6 year old brother was afraid of the beginning because there was a thunder storm, lots of exploasons and that was when the aliens just met the humans which is pretty scary.
Kid, 10 years old February 18, 2011

I love it,lol

Hirlorus,funny,smart and cool,this is sure to dilight many and the battle sences are really cool
Teen, 14 years old Written byeagles4ever December 14, 2010

Should be kept in the attic.

The movie was kind of stupid I think. No offense to anyone who actually loved this movie. I just did not seem interested in it. This is probably a kids movie, maybe thats why I did not like it. But I did like the paintball scene.
Kid, 10 years old October 17, 2010

A bit of everything, but no department is too strong.

Its hilarious, but lets go through everything. Violence-mostly slapstick stuff, but quite a few hits to the crotch. Langauge-They say crap once, and a couple of other insults,and some uncompleted senteces that would end with a cuss-"What the-" or "Scaly green son of a-" but kids can handle it. Consumerism-Wii,Coke, DS, Mac, Apple, Halo, Xbox, Diet coke, and Zorro.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2010

Aliens in the Attic

There is an alien word used most likely a cuss word.
Kid, 10 years old August 12, 2010

Hillarious!

I saw it with my friends on DVD and it was "laugh your pants off funny"!! Though I must say a few scenes were not appropriate it was still a great movie. I believe that if you want a movie for when you're feeling down... this is the one.
Kid, 11 years old August 7, 2010

This was a funny movie. A lot of the characters made funny one liners but some of them fell flat. 6+