All member reviews for Aliens

Alien sequel is bigger, faster, scarier.

Age

Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewathcer September 13, 2014

Sci fi/horror movie with a slow start

The movie has aliens bursting out of a stomach, and an alien warrior murdering all of the crew. The crew sais @ss and fu©k. There are posters of women's bare breasts in one scene. When the main character is about to sleep, she puts on her painties, which leave the top part of her bottom uncovered.
Kid, 11 years old January 6, 2014

This film is so good one of my favorites

I think this film is ok for mature 12 year old and up the aliens look very graphic and can easily scare anyone. But this film is the best and I watched it when I was 12. It was an 18 when it came out in the 80's but now it is dated and I would make it a 12a now
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 18, 2012

Sequel is as brilliant and intense as the first one. Teens and up!

"Aliens" is a 1986 sequel to the 1979 science fiction movie "Alien". ----------------------------- When the original "Alien" was released in 1979, it was one of the most breathtaking and most excellent science fiction movie of all time. However, judging through the experience we have, sequels are rarely as good as the original, especially if they are done by another director. In most cases, it either copies the original, or comes up with poor quality - or both. Still, "Aliens" is one of the few examples. Ridley Scott is replaced by James Cameron, who already made "The Terminator" and in the future will release "Titanic", winner of 11 Oscars. And Cameron knows how to fascinate the viewers. There is a terrific athmosphere, including many scenes of breathtaking action, but without being too cliched or unoriginal. The character of Newt, a young girl who survived from the Alien attack where her parents have been killed, has been added to the story. Ellen Ripley now tries to prevent her from harm, having her as the child she never had. "Aliens" is more action-ish than its calm preceeder, but still has not lost any of its serious, dark undertone. Sigourney Weaver gives an overwhelming, memorable performance, which earned her an Oscar-nomination. It's as simple as that: "Aliens" is one of the few sequels that are as good as the first one. Also, it is refreshing, has a touching subplot involving a traumatized girl and is simply one of the movies you can watch again and again, without getting boring. ----------------------------------- (SPOILERS may follow:) "Aliens" is not as suspense as the first one, since the first one was a bit scary, while this movie here is rather action-ish. Still, we've got aliens bursting out of people's stomachs. In a scene near the opening, we see an alien trying to burst out of Ripley's body, but it turns out just to be a dream (we don't see the event). The violence is not too strong compared to nowaday's movie. In one grpahic scene, we see a woman that was cocooned by the alien. At first, it appears like she is dead, but she suddenly begins to move and says "Kill Me!", which Ripley finally does using a flamethrower. A woman is unexpectedly killed by the Alien. She sits in a cockpit, turns around and an alien suddenly appears. Much blood spurts onto the windshield, but the main impact is off-screen. An android is impaled and then ripped in half. He has white blood, which spurts everywhere and some viscera. However, he still lives, and also, it does not look that graphic since he is an android. It is just emotional since he is a protagonist. Many aliens get killed with acid blood spurting everywhere, but it is not that graphic since it involves aliens. Some people get burnt by the acid blood, but it is never graphic. There are about 20 uses of the f-word. Should be okay for viewers 12 and up, but needs caution. If your kid could handle "The Terminator", it can handle this movie as well.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow October 21, 2012

Can't match the first film, but still thoroughly entertains

Like the first film, Aliens is a big-top, blood-splattering sci-fi attraction. But it's much more of an action movie and less a horror movie than the first film, which is a bit of a downside for me, as someone who was stricken by the first film's subtle chills. On the one hand, there is more gore and violence than the first film, as well as a bigger budget and better special effects. But that crucial sense of dread, claustrophobia, and undying fear that we found in the first film is not present here, which is the film's biggest flaw. I also didn't think the characters were all that likable, and the script/dialogue felt contrived at times. But the special effects and sets felt better rendered and believable than they were in the first film, and the alien queen looks freaking awesome. There are some more revelations about the aliens here, and Ripley continues her character development, with a typically strong performance from Sigourney Weaver. Carrie Henn is excellent as Newt, with a good face, good emotional intensity, and a relatable personality. Paul Reiser was kind of hoaky as the slimy Company executive, and I kind of saw it coming when (SPOILERS!) it was revealed that he wanted the alien alive. And I thought Michael Biehn gave a flat and contrived performance that didn't really fit in. So, even there are some elements that improve upon the first film, I think I'll always prefer the dark and gothic chills of the first film. Even so, this movie is innovative and inventive in its own right, and looks even better in the extended version.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bygerbowski October 15, 2012

Great action sequel, probably ok for older teens

Action-packed sequel to "Alien" delivers not only scary, sci-fi action, but a gripping tension that keeps the viewing on the edge of their seat. Whoever reviewed this movie for this website is totally off only giving it three stars. I've found that most of the movie reviewers on this site can't get past the violence or sex in a movie to call it good. They also seem to have an issue with kids being in movies if they are portrayed to be in danger? Come on! I'm sorry, but if that's the stretch you have to make to find something wrong with a film, then you probably shouldn't be writing these reviews. If I could I would give this film 4 and a half stars, it isn't the best I've ever seen, but for a sequel to come even close to being as good as the original, bravo! Parents should be aware that this movie is not for children, as it is very scary. The violence is not especially gruesome, but anyone younger than 15 or 16 should probably steer clear.
Teen, 15 years old Written bylikestowatchmovies June 13, 2012

awsome movie

other than language theres not any violence a kid would see on a goosebumps+guns
Teen, 13 years old Written byzappyo29 May 23, 2012

Frightening, suspenseful horror film is best for 14+

This movie is an amazing film, but parents should think before allowing anyone under the age of 14 to watch it. Many scenes involve frightening aliens attacking humans, including a 8 yr old girl. Ripley and the Marines swear frequently, as well as smoking cigarettes. However, this film is definetly in my top ten movies of all time, and is well worth watching.
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 May 14, 2012

Better than the first one.

Again like the first movie in the series this isn't too bad for today's standards. It has more cursing and it's a little more violent that the first one, but not too bad. I actually enjoyed this more than the first one.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythe postaldude May 1, 2012

aliens the best!

when i first watched aliens i was amazed at the time its creatures (xenomorphs) were kinda scary and there was some violent images but other than that its not really bad most of the blood isnt even noticable and the language isnt used to much ripley (sigourney) is a great role model she takes in a small girl named newt whose family has died (off screen) and ripley protects her. the film is a instent classic i say that teens should watch this maybe not little kids but its still really good
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah April 4, 2012

The mostly come at night.

The second in the series that basicly created modern sci-fi. This movie just blew me away. It is the greatest sci-fi movie ever made in my (And many others) opinion. Alot of people say violence is a problem, but they should look at the fact that James Cameron could've easily made this 5 times gorier. The acting was great, the effects were amazing, script was alright, but a couple of the marines were ridiculous.Onto the Aliens: The Xenomorphs were great, how did scott ever think of this creature? It basicly brings together the strangest qualities of the strangest creatures and puts them into one beast. Truly amazing. The greatest monster, the greatest characters, and the greatest movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

A Masterpiece, but almost overwelmingly violent

Aliens is a fantastic sequel to the original Alien, and even better in my opinion. But, there is even more gory violence, profanity and chaos in this second installment that may be a bit much for some teens. Also, the action sequences and constant threat of violence may be overwelming for some viewers, as it has been known to be for some people. Besides that, though, this is a really great movie, both in the sci-fi perspective and the action perspective.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymegamanfreak321 June 26, 2011

My thoughts on Aliens

I watched this when I was 8 and a week ago i picked this up for my vhs at goodwill(special edition version). I felt that the bad language goes for a 7 to 10 scale(10 being the baddest). Also I felt that there isnt enough time to show the aliens. Like you get to see one of them for a second and then its dead and the continue on. Theres alot of violence. Two People blow themselves up just to save the other marines. and another time a guy is ripped in half. and even another time a guy gets impregnated by a facehugger alien(creeepy...)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

Even better than the first "Alien". This time, we've got James Cameron.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for some intense and frightening images of alien violence and gore, tense situations, and for some language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 25, 2011

Good movie for teens+

It was good and very voilent that younger people probably wouldn't like. Very bloody and gory but overall it was suspensful and scary
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlackSmokeDemon May 4, 2011

MEH

This movie is okay not as good as the first tho not as scary ether but still gives you a creepy feelng
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2011

Pretty good for tweens and older kids but not for little kids

I really wanted to see this movie! But my dad says it is too violent but I rated it on for ages 11 and up and this is a Rated R movie But To me it does not look that scary because I believe in aliens which is why they do not scare me. It is scary because the astronaut nearly gets killed by the aliens. This is not a little kids movie at all!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 11, 2011

Pretty good movie for older children

The movie just pushed past the boundaries of PG-13. Compared to most other R movies it's not that violent. There's not too much human violence and it's mostly not too graphic. It's just the very frequent alien gore that did it. AvP is about as violent as this and it's PG-13. The movie is not that scary and it could easily be seen by an 11 year old (age I saw it) with no effect. There's plenty more movies with more gore.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion December 27, 2010

ALIENS is simply the best thriller I have ever seen: it is intelligent and driven by story and character, though certainly chock-full of engaging and often brutal action. At the end of this movie, your hands will hurt from gripping the edge of your seat. The suspense is terrifying, the acting is believable, the CGI are thrilling, and the direction by legendary James Cameron is masterful. Every fan of action movies needs to see this, for you will enjoy it. However, PLEASE leave the kids at home. Though this movie was made back in the 80s, there is still a strong pull for kids to want to see it. Since this movie, James Cameron has directed TITANIC and AVATAR, two classic modern movies that most kids have seen. The leading lady, Sigourney Weaver, has starred in several mainstream movies marketed to kids, including the before-mentioned AVATAR plus YOU AGAIN and HOLES. Plus, what teenage boy will read the plot summary and not want to see it? However, this is definitely not a movie for kids. The suspense is too much for many adults; for kids, it will just be traumatizing. The majority of the movie is spent making the audience care for the characters; thus, it is very difficult to watch as they are bloodily impaled, eviscerated, carved in two, eaten, and, in a way, impregnated by aliens. Yes, you read correctly. Impregnated. You see, aliens latch on to their victim's bodies and lay eggs in their stomachs. They hatch by gorily bursting out of the victim's chest. There are at least two instances where this is shown onscreen in this movie, both accompanied by blood and intense music and camera cuts. It gets worse. One of the main characters of the film is a little girl, and she is frequently put in danger from the aliens. Another woman is shredded to pieces by an alien in the cockpit of a plane; though the actual shredding is off-screen, you see the blood that flows down the windows of the cockpit. An android is torn in two by a massive alien, and although he is a machine and his blood is white, he still looks very much human as he lies on the ground in two pieces. In addition to the violence, there is extremely harsh language in the film. In both the special and theatrical editions of the film, there are around 20 uses of the "f" word (twice paired with "mother), plus, around forty or fifty uses of "s**t", "a*s", and "g****mn". There is no sexual content. In conclusion, you should go out of your way to see this movie. It is yet another masterful creation from director James Cameron, and if you are a fan of action, sci-fi, or thrillers, then you will enjoy it. Just please view it before watching it with young kids.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010

To me this movie felt kind of....contrived. Lots of 'scary' scenes pulled from every horror story ever concocted. Of course there's plenty of violence and blood. Overall, no thank you.
Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2010

my second favorite movie just watch it on sci fy or another channel It blocks out most language but still blood and gore if you like good action movies with amazing graphics this is youre type of movie