Alien sequel is bigger, faster, scarier.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzappyo29 May 23, 2012

Frightening, suspenseful horror film is best for 14+

This movie is an amazing film, but parents should think before allowing anyone under the age of 14 to watch it. Many scenes involve frightening aliens attacking humans, including a 8 yr old girl. Ripley and the Marines swear frequently, as well as smoking cigarettes. However, this film is definetly in my top ten movies of all time, and is well worth watching.
Teen, 15 years old Written by80sfan8 May 14, 2012

Better than the first one.

Again like the first movie in the series this isn't too bad for today's standards. It has more cursing and it's a little more violent that the first one, but not too bad. I actually enjoyed this more than the first one.
Teen, 16 years old Written bythe postaldude May 1, 2012

aliens the best!

when i first watched aliens i was amazed at the time its creatures (xenomorphs) were kinda scary and there was some violent images but other than that its not really bad most of the blood isnt even noticable and the language isnt used to much ripley (sigourney) is a great role model she takes in a small girl named newt whose family has died (off screen) and ripley protects her. the film is a instent classic i say that teens should watch this maybe not little kids but its still really good
Teen, 15 years old Written byKingdestroyah April 4, 2012

The mostly come at night.

The second in the series that basicly created modern sci-fi. This movie just blew me away. It is the greatest sci-fi movie ever made in my (And many others) opinion. Alot of people say violence is a problem, but they should look at the fact that James Cameron could've easily made this 5 times gorier. The acting was great, the effects were amazing, script was alright, but a couple of the marines were ridiculous.Onto the Aliens: The Xenomorphs were great, how did scott ever think of this creature? It basicly brings together the strangest qualities of the strangest creatures and puts them into one beast. Truly amazing. The greatest monster, the greatest characters, and the greatest movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 5, 2011

A Masterpiece, but almost overwelmingly violent

Aliens is a fantastic sequel to the original Alien, and even better in my opinion. But, there is even more gory violence, profanity and chaos in this second installment that may be a bit much for some teens. Also, the action sequences and constant threat of violence may be overwelming for some viewers, as it has been known to be for some people. Besides that, though, this is a really great movie, both in the sci-fi perspective and the action perspective.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymegamanfreak321 June 26, 2011

My thoughts on Aliens

I watched this when I was 8 and a week ago i picked this up for my vhs at goodwill(special edition version). I felt that the bad language goes for a 7 to 10 scale(10 being the baddest). Also I felt that there isnt enough time to show the aliens. Like you get to see one of them for a second and then its dead and the continue on. Theres alot of violence. Two People blow themselves up just to save the other marines. and another time a guy is ripped in half. and even another time a guy gets impregnated by a facehugger alien(creeepy...)
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 30, 2011

Even better than the first "Alien". This time, we've got James Cameron.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for some intense and frightening images of alien violence and gore, tense situations, and for some language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJaysnake May 25, 2011

Good movie for teens+

It was good and very voilent that younger people probably wouldn't like. Very bloody and gory but overall it was suspensful and scary
Teen, 15 years old Written byBlackSmokeDemon May 4, 2011

MEH

This movie is okay not as good as the first tho not as scary ether but still gives you a creepy feelng
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2011

Pretty good for tweens and older kids but not for little kids

I really wanted to see this movie! But my dad says it is too violent but I rated it on for ages 11 and up and this is a Rated R movie But To me it does not look that scary because I believe in aliens which is why they do not scare me. It is scary because the astronaut nearly gets killed by the aliens. This is not a little kids movie at all!
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 11, 2011

Pretty good movie for older children

The movie just pushed past the boundaries of PG-13. Compared to most other R movies it's not that violent. There's not too much human violence and it's mostly not too graphic. It's just the very frequent alien gore that did it. AvP is about as violent as this and it's PG-13. The movie is not that scary and it could easily be seen by an 11 year old (age I saw it) with no effect. There's plenty more movies with more gore.
Parent of a 15 year old Written byTsion December 27, 2010
ALIENS is simply the best thriller I have ever seen: it is intelligent and driven by story and character, though certainly chock-full of engaging and often brutal action. At the end of this movie, your hands will hurt from gripping the edge of your seat. The suspense is terrifying, the acting is believable, the CGI are thrilling, and the direction by legendary James Cameron is masterful. Every fan of action movies needs to see this, for you will enjoy it. However, PLEASE leave the kids at home. Though this movie was made back in the 80s, there is still a strong pull for kids to want to see it. Since this movie, James Cameron has directed TITANIC and AVATAR, two classic modern movies that most kids have seen. The leading lady, Sigourney Weaver, has starred in several mainstream movies marketed to kids, including the before-mentioned AVATAR plus YOU AGAIN and HOLES. Plus, what teenage boy will read the plot summary and not want to see it? However, this is definitely not a movie for kids. The suspense is too much for many adults; for kids, it will just be traumatizing. The majority of the movie is spent making the audience care for the characters; thus, it is very difficult to watch as they are bloodily impaled, eviscerated, carved in two, eaten, and, in a way, impregnated by aliens. Yes, you read correctly. Impregnated. You see, aliens latch on to their victim's bodies and lay eggs in their stomachs. They hatch by gorily bursting out of the victim's chest. There are at least two instances where this is shown onscreen in this movie, both accompanied by blood and intense music and camera cuts. It gets worse. One of the main characters of the film is a little girl, and she is frequently put in danger from the aliens. Another woman is shredded to pieces by an alien in the cockpit of a plane; though the actual shredding is off-screen, you see the blood that flows down the windows of the cockpit. An android is torn in two by a massive alien, and although he is a machine and his blood is white, he still looks very much human as he lies on the ground in two pieces. In addition to the violence, there is extremely harsh language in the film. In both the special and theatrical editions of the film, there are around 20 uses of the "f" word (twice paired with "mother), plus, around forty or fifty uses of "s**t", "a*s", and "g****mn". There is no sexual content. In conclusion, you should go out of your way to see this movie. It is yet another masterful creation from director James Cameron, and if you are a fan of action, sci-fi, or thrillers, then you will enjoy it. Just please view it before watching it with young kids.
Adult Written byMovieLover4Lyfe October 26, 2010
To me this movie felt kind of....contrived. Lots of 'scary' scenes pulled from every horror story ever concocted. Of course there's plenty of violence and blood. Overall, no thank you.
Kid, 10 years old September 12, 2010
my second favorite movie just watch it on sci fy or another channel It blocks out most language but still blood and gore if you like good action movies with amazing graphics this is youre type of movie
Teen, 14 years old Written bytehmeanmonstah August 24, 2010

Good movie

Action-packed epic Alien thriller. Extremely violent in two scenes, but it doesn't go too far. Incredible acting and realistic fighting sequences makes this movie a full 5 stars. I don't see why its R though; it should probably be Pg-13. It's not THAT bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJasonr July 1, 2010

good for tweens

This movie is a bunch of curses and blood. The movie is good and a bit dated, so the movie isn't as gory as it could be. Also the people say f--k sometimes.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGuyofMan March 29, 2010
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009
Not as good as the first, but equally close. A great James Cameron flick, faster and more action packed then it's rival Alien. Way off limits for younger ones.
Teen, 13 years old Written byx495 July 4, 2009

Less exciting sequel to the terrifying movie "Alien."

Parents should know that this film contains graphic violence. Aliens attack humans numerous times and this time the humans fight back. The aliens are shot at with machine guns, shot guns, and they are run over, resulting in acid blood spurting everywhere. A human is burned with acid and there is some strong language. There are no strong positive messages or role models.
Kid, 10 years old July 1, 2009

Great Movie, But a Lot of Violence

Loved the movie! But a bunch of violence like people getting ripped apart and cut in half by huge aliens. There is also some language. There is also a bunch of weapons like flamethrowers and machine guns.