All member reviews for All Dogs Go to Heaven

Kid, 10 years old January 1, 2011

All Dogs Go To Heaven: The Series

I love both movies and I love the show series! The show is called All Dogs Go To Heaven: The Series and is amazing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byTimonBerkowitz August 3, 2013

Amazing

I love this movie so much! The animation is some of Don Bluth's finest. The characters are memorable, and they play off each other very well. The story and moral of the film, is very powerful, and touching. It's a lot better than many people give it credit for.
Kid, 12 years old April 5, 2013

Fun Don Bluth film about dogs has a surprising dark side, along with good stuff, as well......

While the pacing of the film is a bit fast, most kids won't care much about that. There are lots of mature elements that may even sometimes scare the very sensitive children, but as long as your kid can handle it, they will be in a trance from the really good stuff in the film such as the characters, the visual and comical humor, the songs, the glorious animation, and the moments in the film that are dark, epic, and touching. If a really little kid desperately wanted to see it, maybe have the fast forward button on hand for intense moments. Older kids most likely will enjoy it if they are a fan of animation like me.
Kid, 11 years old April 3, 2013

This movie is wonderful, to me, its beautiful themes over come the dark ones.

This is one of my favorite movies ever, and not one part scared me when I was young. I was never disturbed by any mature content whatsoever, nor did I even notice it. The movie is very beautiful, with wonderful songs, and memorable scenes. Definitely recommended for all.
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2011

Ok?

I think this movie supports a good message. Your little ones might be a little frightened at some scenes. So be cautious.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman November 3, 2011

Great movie

The violence is a little over the top for a g movie. New rating: pg for some action violence, a murder involving a car, drinking and mild smoking, and scary images.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDominicboo1 July 20, 2011

Sweet Family Film With Some Scariness

It does have scary scenes, but from the title you can tell that it has to be a little dark. Violence- Carface runs Charley over, and kills him, but he comes back from the dead. The age that I recomend depends on what other movies your children have watched, and an age that I wasn't disturbed by.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHiddenWolf May 16, 2011

A warning for sensitive parents with overly sensitive children, there is a dream sequence when Charlie, the main character dreams hes being dragged into the pits of heck. It might scare some kids and some can label it dark but thats what I like in kids movie :3. There is also lying and sexual innuendo but some good characters that make good decisions in the end.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMaplefrost February 28, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bythe payton February 26, 2011

I love the movie all dogs go to heaven.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

i love this movie! one of my faves! i always cry in it!!
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2010

I remember watching this movie at my grandma's when I was very little. For some reason, it didn't scare me. Maybe I didn't get the plot. But, now that I do, I realize it's such a good movie. No matter how dark. It teaches a good lesson all in the end. But, the gambling and innuendos just show how a cartoon can be such a adult movie.. but kids 7+ will love this movie. Common Sense, you did just right on your review. Skip the scary or dark parts until your four year olds are older and can understand it more. ;) Better voices, better animation, better songs, and a better plot then the second one.. but.. I'd still recommend it.. without Sasha, it would be a fail. (Charlie's voice SUCKS. Annabelle's appearance makes me want to PUKE. Plus, the animation and plot is really bad. I bet there are 50 more sexual jokes in it then in this one. It's much more of a little kid movie. Like Balto's second or third sequel.) Just watch this one first!
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovefall10 October 28, 2010

loved the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypersonator September 19, 2010

I've always thought much of this movie was pretty dark, like when Carface burned Charlie's casino. Charlie also took Anne-Marie in for the simple purpose of winning bets. Carface can get pretty scary and there's at least one scene I know of that he had a cigar in his mouth. All that being said, this movie is really good if you and your kid can take darker themes and some violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist April 17, 2010

Good movie

This movie is really good. It had some scary parts in it. But it's a good movie, I would highly recommend it.
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE March 5, 2010

May be an interesting movie for pre-teens, but for little children? Nah.

I enjoyed this movie when I was a baby, minus the darker scenes, which scared me out of my wits. I'm not a parent, but I think it would be wise to watch this with your child and/or fast forward through the scary scenes if you plan on buying or renting this video for them. Pre-teens may get more enjoyment out of the movie and have more of an understanding of what the movie's all about.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey February 21, 2009

good

I remember seeing this when i was little, so i rented it and watched it again. Surprisly good, but should it only be rated G? Theres violence, lying, and drinking and smoking and stealing, but all in moderation.
Teen, 13 years old Written byyankee01 April 9, 2008

funny

i like this movie but why is it rated g anyway.the dog drinks,gambles,and steals