All member reviews for All Quiet on the Western Front

Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 December 26, 2009

Absolutely phenomenal movie, a must-see for all

The 3rd recipent of the honorable Best Picture prize, "Western Front" is easily one of the greatest movies I have ever seen, and not just about war! It shows you the graphic, painful truth, and how very young people are going into the Army and dying within their first few days; they enlisted because they thought it would be "fun." Not just for movie buffs, but for every(mature) teenager and up!
Kid, 11 years old November 1, 2012

Great but Gory

I saw this movie when I was in a WWI class. This movie is good at showing that war is bad. One point made me laugh. The end ties the movie all together. Some parts are gory. I think this movie is great.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag June 12, 2012

Excellent war epic is too graphic for younger viewers

"All Quiet on the Western Front" is both a classic and a masterpiece. The movie is one of the mosr powerful and graphic looks into a soldier's life. There is a look into the propaganda that made people think that dying for their country is something great, but in the end it turns out that war is both psychologically and physically exhausting. Everything is depicted in a realistic and graphic way that makes you understand how the soldiers feel. The scenes in the hospital are especially shocking and the ending is terrific. While most other war movies focus on violence and sometimes lack story, this movie also should have won an Oscar for the best screenplay adapted from another media. "All Quiet on the Western Front" is a touching masterpiece that really deserves to be seen... You need to know that even though being released 1930, this movie is very graphic and violent. (SPOILERS may follow:) Explosions, a man's face is heavily burnt, a man's leg is amputated (off-screen), people are stabbed, an extended shot of a corpse who has been stabbed to death, people are shot, etc. All this is extremely graphic, some of it is emotional and sad. It can be considered disturbing, but nowadays most kids will have seen a lot more violence. It would most likely be rated PG-13 for violence nowadays. I think it is suitable for teens and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bynerdgirl96 January 16, 2011

good anti-war movie

Quite violent, but that's the point. It shaped my views of war a lot. Basically, the point of the movie is that war is hell. You should definitely watch it. I saw it when I was twelve.
Teen, 16 years old Written bywho3697cares November 8, 2009

Truly one of the greatest movies ever made. While it's age shows, the message and themes involved are far stronger than, say, Saving Private Ryan.