Talented actors in dumb film with gross sex humor.

Adult Written byannieh16 April 9, 2008

Interesting but Enjoyable

I was fairly satisfied with this movie. I was mainly drawn to see this movie because I adore Jennifer Aniston's work, and the pet ferrett seemed hilarious. I thought that there were a few things that made you squeamish, like bathroom jokes, but it was all tastefully done. Polly, Jennifer Aniston's character, was someone who I could relate to very much. She was humorous, caring, and well meaning. She helped Ben Stiller's character, Rueben, become his true self. She understands his differences and doesn't alienate him. The characters are accepting, work hard at their jobs, and like all people, have their flaws. They learn to be comfortable in their own skins, and learn that it is okay to be themselves. This is a great movie for people who are looking for a laugh, and who are willing to withstand about 10 total minutes of humor that would definitly appeal to 7-13 year old boys (toilet humor).
Adult Written bybjd April 2, 2011

What a bomb!

Both leads are boring and personaly-less, overhyped actors (Stiller and Aniston) that make this movie painful to watch. There is no chemistry, and the thing chugs through the motions without any sort of feeling, humour or interest. Watching this is like fingernails on a blackboard, and it could only be appreciated by someone who has never seen good acting or good comedies of any sort. Alas, that describes a swathe of the upcoming generation.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez June 21, 2010

14 and up.

along came polly is a funny comedy movie that will be good for your older teens but parents along came polly has a lot of inappropriate scenes and one sex scene but no nudity shown there's strong language used and social drinking.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 September 3, 2011

Funny at times.

My rating: PG-13 for frequent sexual content including references and scenes, and for language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytessiegirl April 9, 2008

lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byStrawbs April 24, 2016

Hilarious rom-com for a night in

I found this film to be quite entertaining. There was indeed some gross-out humour and sex but nothing too heavy for anyone above the age of about 14. Ben Stiller kills the part of Reuben, a rather introverted Jewish protagonist. This loveable film is certainly worth seeing if you're in need of a laugh or a Saturday night movie with a spouse.
Teen, 14 years old Written byccbluebonnet February 8, 2011

Very Funny

While I can see why some wouldn't like this movie, I thought it was hilarious. It's really crude (and disturbing) at times, but once/if you get over that, the movie's pretty good. But with Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller, who could go wrong?
Teen, 16 years old Written bymikee990 April 9, 2008

dumb!!!!!! 13+

sex language drugs affairs.... adds up :(
Teen, 14 years old Written byBlockHead April 9, 2008

GREEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAATTT MOVIE!!!!

Let me tell you commonsense does't know crap if they think this is a bad movie. I'll admit there are some inappriote parts- but it's all funny! If you love the work of Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston then this is a must see! Trust me.