All member reviews for Alvin and the Chipmunks: Chip-Wrecked

Parent Written byjagu dabang khan December 24, 2011

OH YEAH BABY YOUR GONNA HATE IT

It is an ok movie suitable for kids over the age of 8.I dont think it is the best of all movies but it is reasonable.My kids did not enjoy it and i certainly would not reccommend it
Kid, 12 years old January 1, 2012

alvin and the chimpmunks 3 aint good as the first one.

this movie is not good as the first one I havent seen the second one so I cant review it. This movie kind of kept my intrest its good for kids between 4-8 yrs of age. This movie aint good for kids ages between 10-14 yrs. so I didnt like this movie.
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2012

SINGING EVERYWHERE!!!

funny this movie had so much singing! not like the first 2 ( they dont mention its the third) did not have this amout of singing. i found this a new high school musical discised as alvin and the chimpmunks to the makers: if you make a 4th ( i hope you dont) make less singing. i say if you like musicals everywhere knock yourself out unless that its really bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 December 17, 2011

Awesome movie, some flaws, but still good

I think that this is a really great movie! I loved every minute of it. I mostly liked the singing and dancing and my sister really liked the romance. It also delivers some positive messages and good role models. Dave searches long and hard for his "children" and Ian later turns out to be a good role model and the chipmunks and chipettes work hard to find ways of surving. Also, Jeanette and Simon sometimes deliver some information, like how you can use glass and sunlight to light a fire. But there are still some things that need to be discussed. First up is the violence, there are some moments in this movie that might scare some people. Like *possible spoiler* later on in the movie there is a volcanic eruption and there is ash and smoke everywhere. On the milder side there are some minor falls, like when Elanor falls from the zipline and injures her ankle, however the injury is only a sprain so it's nothing severe and it heals up by the end of the movie. There is one person, like Ian who is both a positive and negative role model, named Zoe. She does what she can to help the chipmunks and chipettes but later on she gets kinda greedy and crazy by making Jeanette get treasure for her. But she eventually apologize. The last concern is that sometimes the songs have not so pleasing lyrics and some of the dance moves can be a little on the disturbing side. Overall, I say this is a very sweet, fun, and sometimes educational movie that I feel is appropriate for atleast a seven-year-old.
Parent of a 5, 6, 7, 10, 10, and 17 year old Written byCharlie The Cat December 17, 2011

Not For My 5 Year Old Boy

It's Good For my 6,7,10, My other 10 year old, and my 17 year old's. My 5 year old can't see it. Ages 6+
Parent Written byalvinandthechip... November 3, 2014

Too sexual for children of any age

I saw this movie with my 15 and 16 year old sons. I believed the scene where the chipettes were wearing barely any clothes was inappropriate. My sons agreed and said, "They were showing a little too much fur." They are shown stranded on an island leaving the audience to believe they did a little frick fracking. They put no attention to detail in this movie! They sound like chipmunks! At one point in the movie it is apparent Simon was a little high. My sons said, "I believe some scenes were a little too sexy for the eyes of young children."
Kid, 10 years old July 14, 2012

Extremly Boring!

To me, this movie was very boring compared to the other chipmunk movies.I think younger kids ie. 5-6 year olds will love this movie, due to the fact that when I saw it the 5-6 year olds were laughing like crazy. In my opinion, waste of time if you are over 6.
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

OK, some content, but OK

This is an OK movie, and nothing more than that. It does have some inappropriate outfits and a bit too much romance, but it is good for the little kids.
Kid, 10 years old December 31, 2011

Not for Me, but May Work for You!

DO NOT TAKE YOUR 10 YEAR OLD CHILD TO SEE THIS! She will be bored out of her mind! But if you have a kid 9 or under, they would LOVE this movie!! The chipmunks are really cute.The only thing is that the dancers in the "club scene were a little bit iffy.
Kid, 11 years old December 29, 2011

Not a super good movie, but its fine for little kids.

Its very unrealistic and the chipmunks can be annoying sometimes, but not as bad as the Squeakquel. There isnt anything inappropriate in it,so its fine for kids, even though it isnt very good.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymrbookworm01 December 26, 2011

Good movie with funny moments

I went to see this movie and I don't know why it gets 2 stars from CSM. It has some peril that probably should've given it a PG rating, but it's mild and no blood or gore is shown. Plus, all the villian characters change to good by the end of the movie. Good for kids 7+. Violence: Some mild peril and slapstick violence, and some characters come close to dying during the volcano explosion (Ex. when Dave almost falls down a gorge to his death, or when Dave, Ian, and Zoey almost get killed by fireballs shooting out of the volcano.) But nobody gets hurt. Sex: Some woman are shown in bikinis and other revealing clothing, and some mild flirting and hand kissing, but it doesn't go farther than that. Consumerism: Part of popular Chipmunks series which has merchandise for sale, some pop culture references like Lord Of The Ring and Survivor, songs from real life, like "SOS" and "Vacation" are sung, and some product placement.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperMarwa December 26, 2011

Ok Movie

Great Movie. Dave is funny though he makes a mistake in the script! Elanor makes him a necklace and later he says Theodore made it! Good Messages= Dave searches long and hard for his "children" and Ian later turns out to be a good role model and the chipmunks and chipettes work hard to find ways of surving. Also, Jeanette and Simon sometimes deliver some information, like how you can use glass and sunlight to light a fire. But the chippetes need to stop acting girly (almost slutty) because it puts boys off from watching this fil,
Teen, 15 years old Written bysydneytaylor23 December 26, 2011

Really good!

This is a really good film. It's very appropriate, and teaches your children the importance of chipmunks! (and of course singing)
Kid, 9 years old December 24, 2011

language

teach ur kids the right way
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2011

Movie for the kids --

I just saw this movie in the theater. I was hoping for another sweet Alvin and the Chipmunks movie, and that goal was only half met. I have personally loved the first two, and still was not terribly disappointed with this one, but it was just OK. I wouldn't say it was really "educational" but there really were good messages. It was a bit violent for a G rated movie, and I think it could be a little scary for kids under the age of 8. I would wait to see this until it comes out on DVD, but still, a good, and entertaining movie for the kids. :) I was entertained throughout the entire movie!
Kid, 12 years old December 18, 2011

awsomeness

i think that everyone will think it is funny.
Adult Written bydanoid January 29, 2012

Unnecessary violent volcano scene in Chip-Wrecked film !

I took my 7 and 5 year old who did enjoy most of the movie however they were visibly traumatized by the scene with the exploding volcano and the deadly fire balls narrowly missing the chipmunks and humans. This scene was just too real ! This is clearly an example of hollywood trying to desensitise our children !
Parent Written byJane S. January 2, 2012

Don't waste your money on this piece of garbage!

The first two movies weren't great by any means, but this movie was just plain awful, for lack of a better word. Total waste of $20. My husband was lucky enough to fall asleep halfway through this movie, so he missed a good portion of it. I agree with the other reviews that the ending of the movie was way too scary for young kids, and gave my almost 5 year old nightmares. My seven year old liked it, and didn't seem to be frightened though, so it seems to be ok for older kids. This movie should have been rated PG, not G. Some of the Chipettes costumes and dancing were too sexual, and the overabundance of pop culture references (Castaway, Lost, and the horrible pop songs by Lady Gaga, etc.) was over the top and annoying. Hollywood really is scraping the bottom of the barrel these days.
Teen, 14 years old Written byXguitarzX December 31, 2011

same as usual

pretty much the same as all the other chipmunk movies. just as cheesy and was not interesting at all(same horrible acting). it might be interesting to young children, but it will definitely bore older kids(10 and up) to death. i don't know what some of these other parents are talking about. "I also had to cover my kids eyes with the scary jungle monster scenes"?!??!?!?! REALLY??????? the "scary" jungle monster scene was just an obviously fake movie that the chipmunks watched. i find it totally ridiculous if you walked out because you thought it was "inappropriate". it wasn't inappropriate at all.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byrorobill December 31, 2011

Chip-dreck

The entire movie is a wink and a nod to adult moviegoers. Chockablock with pop-cultural references and inappropriate music. They've sexualized the female chipmunks; a highlight is a dance- off in a casino bar. Really? The language is snarky, flip, and innuendo filled. Ick, ick, ick.