All member reviews for Alvin and the Chipmunks: The Squeakquel

Amusing, silly sequel has a bit more edge than original.

Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byperfectionist January 10, 2010

okay

Better than the first. But the voices of the chipmunks didn't stop giving me a head ache.
Adult Written bynduns April 18, 2010

You know what really pains me?

The fact that so many parents chose this, a poorly written, contrived cash grab over a well-written film, aka, The Princess and the Frog, and it's all thanks to this that Disney has changed the title of Rapunzel to Tangled and changed the main characters around while also taking away some of the serious nature it was originally supposed to have. Thanks, parents, thank you for making that happen. Now that the rant's out of the way, I must apologize. I don't normally take my frustration out on the audience as the writing staff play a bigger part in it. It just really saddens me that good companies have thrown away their talent in favor of mind-rotting bulltripe simply because movies like this do better at the box office. This is just showing how sad mankind has gotten. Now what can I say about the Squeakquel? Well, while I did find it a little better than the first one, it's still stupid beyond all belief. I still can't get over how they portray Simon in these movies. In the show, he could actually show us that he was smart. In the movies... okay, he uses big words, but that's about it. Other than that, he makes just as dumb of decisions as everyone else. They also took away everything that could have made Theodore likable as if having a personality would have made him less cute! Here's a message, parents: No sane person who watched these two would possibly think the upcoming Chipmunks 3D will be any good! We know it's only going to be a visual film and not a story-driven one! Pixar is releasing Toy Story 3 around that time! Take your kids to that instead and maybe Disney will be convinced not to cancel their upcoming King of Elves project like they've been rumored to be thinking of.
Adult Written bymikeyonker December 28, 2009

The true meaning of CRAP

Watching this film was: a. painful b. make you appreciatate the creativity, hard-work, and good film-making for films like Up, Wall-E, Ice-Age, etc. This was horrible. No redeeming values for anyone. My kids will forget about this in less than 24 hours, and keep talking about good movies like Up. Don't waste your time. Buy a good DVD and stay at home.
Parent of a 13 year old Written byDr. Weird September 11, 2010

Alvin!!!!

Not as good as the first film.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byMome1 May 21, 2010

NO A TEACHING TOOL!!!

Our 5 year old saw this movie at school, yes public kindergarten. We were shocked to hear it was to teach them about bulling and teaseing. Yes it taught them how to do it!!!
Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written byTtownPapaBear April 26, 2010

Not a great movie, but safe for those 10+

I felt there was too much boy/girl stuff for my 4 and 6 year old. I also don't appreciate them using "catchy" little sayings like "shake what your mama gave you" that are just begging kids to repeat long after they have left the theater. Nevermind that the move was awful and not very entertaining.
Kid, 9 years old April 20, 2010

not for teens not too bratty but kids

love this movie very perfect for little kids : )
Kid, 10 years old January 12, 2010

Love this movie!!

Great movie, but as the review says, it has brief "hip-wiggling" by a few members of the Chipettes, but that will go over just about anyone's head. Alvin acts like a ladies-man for a brief scene, and some songs may include minor lyrics, but it's no big deal. It's a great movie all-in-all.
Kid, 9 years old January 2, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written byCharizard632 December 26, 2009

Lots of cuteness, happiness, and products.

In Alvin and the Chipmunks, I noticed teamwork, a Nintendo Wii, a Nintendo DS, and xBox 360 Controller, an iPhone, Animal Planet, and DirecTV.
Kid, 8 years old June 22, 2015

Fantastic, hilarious sequel is outrages but awesome.

My rating:PG-13 for racy content, and violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written byDylanLeviiHiggiNobth May 9, 2014

The Chipmunks are back in another great movie!

This movie features more mild conumerism, sensuality, some nudity, crude humor, accidental/cartoon violence and a few comically frightening/sad moments. NOTE: The "nudity" warning refers to the Chipettes who are undressed earlier but later clothed. So it's on for ages 9+, iffy for ages 8- and off for ages 6-
Kid, 12 years old November 13, 2013

Worst movie ever

It is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! The chipmunks voices are awful when the sing they give you a headache The situations are unrealistic, chipmunks in a high school come on! The humor is bad and low level I could go on and on
Adult Written byNerdyNette August 20, 2013

Terrible movie.

The introduction of The Chipettes in this movie is disturbing. They can't possibly live up to the REAL Chipettes. The Chipmunks have been butchered, now The Chipettes have too. Don't watch this movie. Stick with the cartoon, and see the REAL Chipettes.
Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2013

A Terrible Movie That's Just Not Funny

Listen to Mr Dad. His review is 3rd from the top. I clicked on read my mind. Kindergardeners see high school all the time in the media. Why? It's just not right! The Chipmunks should be in middle scool at least! Why did C.S.M say it's ''amusing?'' Mr Dad is right. It's just noisy garbage pretending to be cute. There are many movies that are WAY better than this, like Toy Story or Shrek.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 25, 2012

alvin and the chipmunks squeakquel

Families can talk about peer pressure. Why did Alvin join the football team, especially when he knew the game would conflict with the talent show? What did he hope to gain? Were the bullies really his friends? How does the movie approach the subject of body image? Would it be different if the characters dealing with the issue were human instead of chipmunks? Cousin Toby has spent a lot of time playing and mastering video games, but what good has it done him?
Teen, 15 years old Written byjordan cartwright April 14, 2012

Alvin and the chipmunks and chipettes Rock!

good film for the entire family... heart warming
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2012

Help

I have a question! my 3 year olds desperate to watch the film but i have no idea if we are allowed the rating above suggests 6 but a person i know entered the movies with her 2 year girl but i dont want to wait in line then be told that my girls to young help!!!
Parent Written byRobbyWBoy16 January 3, 2012