All teen and kid member reviews for An American Girl: McKenna Shoots for the Stars

Kid, 9 years old August 25, 2012

Sweet movie

It's sweet, inspirational, and a good movie for all.
Kid, 9 years old August 16, 2012

Best movie ever!!!

I love american girl and I think that everybody who watches this (even adults!!) will be inspiered and get a great kick out of it!!! I'm big fan of american girl but you don't need to be to watch this movie!!! mckenna is a great girl inspiered by gymnastics and in the end loves Josie!! Again this is a great movie for all ages!
Kid, 8 years old August 26, 2012

yawn

so she got in gymnastics so she got hurt. lots of this happened to other ppl.i wont FORCE ppl to make a movie about my brother to be a race car driver or to make a movie about me trying to be a popstar.but i like it a bit
Kid, 11 years old August 14, 2015

Meh,

Contains many positive messages but has a lousy storyline that is far to predictable.
Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2015

Not the best

This movie is a little unrealistic, and the girls in the movie were kind of self centered, but overall the movie is just ok. Nothing special.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGymnastE13 August 15, 2013

Not so great

Like McKenna, I love gymnastics. I work hard and sometimes I push myself too hard. Difference is, I'm not like McKenna. She was rude, mean, and self centered. I think the story was unrealistic. I have experienced what McKenna did when i was 8 years old, which was 5 years ago. I didnt act like her. I work hard in school too. I get good grades as well. I think this wasn't one of AG's best movies. Plus, the movie was way different from the book. The acting was OK. As much as i love gymnastics and hope to go to the Olympics, this wasnt my favorite AG movie or character.
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2013

McKenna rocks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a fabulous family movie. McKenna is a great role model. This movie has great acting and just melts your heart. McKenna is not perfect, she has difficulties, too, which makes it even better.
Kid, 10 years old April 14, 2013

Awsome

It good for kids they will love it great story. Especially for young gymnast
Teen, 13 years old Written byblackandpink April 6, 2013

Good message, but cliche

This movie is an ok movie. Though while I was watching this I did roll my eye several time throughout the movie. It's not inappropriate but it is very cliche.
Kid, 11 years old November 30, 2012