All member reviews for An Inconvenient Truth

Moving, earnest documentary on global warming.

Parent Written byjdtangney April 9, 2008

Crucial message must get out

It might be hard for a younger kid to sit through this. But the message must get out. My 4th grader saw the first half of this movie at school. While the subtlety of Gore's nostalgia for and rejection of his tobacco farming upbringing may be tough to fathom for younger kids, it's a great opportunity to talk about love of family and social responsibility and how the two play together - or against each other. As for the argument that not everyone believes that global warming is the result of human activity, remember that not everyone believes that the world is round.
Adult Written byD-Fresh June 16, 2011

Awful Awful Awful movie

Did I mention how terrible this movie is? I have a degree in chemistry, and when I was at school my Environmental Chemistry class watched this movie to see a perfect example of the 'junk science' that is pervading the scientific community. Seriously people need to learn not to trust graphs that aren't labeled (hint you can make up whatever you want on those), and go do a google search of 'climategate' for the reality of what a farce and waste of time, effort, money, and resources 'global warming' really is (oh wait, I think the PC term today is 'climate change' since the temperature apparently hasn't been rising like they say)
Kid, 0 years old January 8, 2010

Incredible

This is an amazing movie, and possibly the greatest documentary of all time. Al Gore will make you realize just how screwed the planet is. Full of facts (depressing ones), and stats, Al Gore makes his case for saving the planet.
Parent of a 18+, 18+, 18+, 18+, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byScrew You. January 9, 2009

Blatant lies.

This is nothing but propaganda made by the Government. Global Warming in itself is a hoax. Remember the Ice Age? I'm sure we caused that too, right? The Earth goes through STAGES! None of this is real! Only idiots believe in something as obviously fake as Global Warming.
Adult Written byhshake April 9, 2008
Parent Written byIE June 28, 2013

Not a "HOAX", but still a bit lacking

I kinda find it funny that people are quoting sources such as Glenn Beck as viable sources for scientific material. He's not, by the way, he tells people what they want to hear. My main problem with this movie is some of the inconsistent data such as unlabeled graphs, ect. By the way, for people who think that man-made acceleration of climate change is a "hoax", I don't know what to say, every real investigation has proved this to be true. The Earth goes through stages of heating and cooling, and we're still warming up from the last cooling stage. However, we are MASSIVELY contributing, just look at a graph of carbon dioxide content in the atmosphere. For people who think this is "liberal propaganda" then I don't know what to tell you, it's very hard to convince someone of something that would inconvenience them, even if all the facts are on your side.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan115 March 13, 2012

Thought provoking

This film helped convenince my family's minds that global warming is real. What an excellant doc, but it has some upsetiing scenes.
Adult Written bygravyfury October 6, 2010

Misinformation propoganda film. F-

This movie is nothing but propaganda. I would not recommend it for an adult never mind a child trying to learn. This movie is nothing but lies from a politician who has ZERO grounds to be making these claims. Awful Awful movie.
Adult Written byTwilight August 17, 2009

Good for People who love hearing about Global Warming.

A great look at a false philosophy. This is a movie based on a proven fallacy. Global Warming DOES NOT exist. In 100 years the Earths temperature has risen 1 Degree.
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byJesusrulz666 September 18, 2010
Extremly inaccurate.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byaveryt_m April 9, 2008

A Call to Action

Our 10- and 12-year-olds were attentive and interested through the whole movie. The 10-year-old excitedly whispered to me throughout the movie, making connections with her lessons at school, our community and ideas for home. I knew she could handle it but not that she would be so into it. We parents and our 12-year-old were distracted by the gratuitous political message but the set-up of the film (separate storylines about the environment and Gore's life) made it easy to focus on the environmental message. There was new material here for the adults and new connections. I saw it twice in two days and could see it again.
Adult Written byjjuniper April 9, 2008

Important movie

Our media has unfortunately been ignoring the fact of global climate change, even though it is arguably the most important problem we face. It is about survival, plain and simple. Al Gore does human kind a great service by bringing the facts to the public. Please do see this movie. My 14-yr-old daughter was glad she saw it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEmpire9971 April 9, 2008
I think this is an importaint part of american culture and sould be viewed by any one who cares about the world around them.
Adult Written byPontiusPilate April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old August 3, 2014
A great documentary. Al Gore did well.
Teen, 14 years old Written byalecsk8rboi October 9, 2009

Great Movie

Everyone who is saying Global Warming doesnt exist, answer 1 question for me... Why the hell is the world heating up???
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomebodysMe July 15, 2009

Huh??? What's the deal?

Wasn't it supposed to be fake??????? Well, whether or not humans caused it, it is something we need to deal with!
Adult Written byHal and Elaine April 9, 2008

Excellent Film, Thought Provoking & Entertaining

We were a bit concerned that this film might be too slow or complex but it was actaully very interesting for us and our child. I would say a thoughtful child 8 and older would enjoy and get something out of this film. Ages 10 and above are probably ideal. The animated sequences referenced are not a problem. You might feel a bit said for the polar bear who can't find an ice patch to rest on but its no worse than that. There are victums of Katrina shown but it is the suffering in the Superdome that is poignant; the bodies are not easily recognisable as such and both these Katrina scenes are very brief.

Must-see.

this is a great movie that educates you about global warming. it's appropiate for ages 5 and up, although kids younger than 6 or 7 might not understand it and it might scare younger kids. it's really well done and there's not anything inappropiate. all in all, do something about global warming and help this man!