All member reviews for Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2013

Love...

We own the movie, and we LOVE it. nothing to worry about. Just a little violence.
Kid, 9 years old July 15, 2013

The best movie EVER

It was AWESOME the best a most see amazing everyone must see it is a gift.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNiki Rae July 10, 2013

:D

this is my favorite musical movie of ALL TIME!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byelizad1997 July 26, 2012

Very Enjoyable

Great movie to watch with your teen or your friends. All the actors are great and enjoyable to listen to. Very few scenes with language for example the "I remember/stranger than you dreamt it" song and scene. If you look more indepth about the lyrical meanings and acting there is some sexual desire in the movie. There is also a good amount of drinking in the movie, but it isn't overwhelming or really problematic at all. Thats why I recomend it for someone who is a teenager and above so they can understand the underlining messages of this wonderful film and see and understand the different character personalities that are really complex. If you like musicals then you will love this movie! On a personal note its my favorite movie with all the singing and all the great actors its just overwhelming how andrew lloyd webber could choose so many great and talented actors! be prepared to choose team Phantom or Team Raoul cause the ending really makes you choose! Please watch and enjoy this wonderful movie!
Teen, 15 years old Written byangelabovedemonbelow January 10, 2012

Very good movie with dark undertones

I saw this movie when I was forced to dance to it for ballet as a child, and I couldn't see past 'oh, good songs and pretty girl,'. At the age, I couldn't understand the Phantom's obsession over this sixteen year old girl, but now that I'm older, I know this story is darker and much more sad than I first thought. It's easier for me to get into this movie, and anyone 13+ would probably enjoy it more than younger children. I love this movie to death, but I have one issue with what some may gather over obsession being healthy and the equivant of true love when in reality it isn't healthy in the least.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRose Johnson August 3, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byapplepieisawesome July 19, 2010

BEST MOVIE EVER!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE!! I'VE SEEN IT AT LEAST 5 OR 6 TIMES ALREADY AND LOVE THE MUSIC. The violence isn't bad, but it's more the intensity of the violence versus the actual violence that makes it PG-13, which is the best choice, as the rating says "brief violent images". Occasional swearing is nothing to worry about and as for the sex? There IS some mild innuendo, but no little kid is goinf to be paying attention to this, its SO easy to miss if you dont know about it. For example: in the song, "The Music of the Night", (a Phantom solo). he says, "Floating, falling, sweet intoxication! Touch me, trust me savour each sensation!", but even that is questionable. In short, this movie is MARVELOUS and not that inapropriate.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNorthernNights June 4, 2010

Great movie for 12 and up

Oh my goodness this story broke my heart! I started to cry! I love this movie though, the music is amazing, everything was done amazing. Some people may not like it, of course. Because it shows Erik's desperation to find love and how he murders, although the murders weren't at all 'bloody' It also shows a brief short of child abuse that ended in the abuser being gagged by the child. It may be dark for some people I understand, There was also a few kissing scenes but it never amounted to anything more. The only exposers in the movie is when some of the dancers have breast revealing dresses, but not enough to affect a child. Its a really great movie at least in my opinion, again it made me cry because it was sad..
Teen, 13 years old Written byPepsiPop May 27, 2010

"Genious has turned to Madness"

I thought it was wonderful! We watched it in chorus at school ( although we didn't finish it ) I read ahead. . I feel sad for Erik ( aka the Phantom, they didn't say his name in the movie but I looked up his name ) I mean these gypsies called him "The Devil's Child" when he was little and used him in the circus, and whiped him and let people laugh at him. ( Sorry for being a Spoiler ) I know Madame Girti rescued him, which I hope he is thankful for, I can understand why he is still beside himself. ( Yes I am a fan of 'The Phantom' ) Anyway, I loved the movie, its meanings its music, all of it! I love all of the characters. . well most. I do admit there has been killings: Hanging and some off-screen. As for Sexual content: Eriks obsession with Christine, now it isn't really about sex, he just loves her and doesnt want to let her go. There where a few kisses between Christine and Rouel, but nothing over the top. I am sure that there are people that dont like this movie, but they cannot please everybody! I for one love it! Although I'd recomend it to kids at least 12 and up. By the way the hanging scene was not that horrible, at least to me.
Kid, 11 years old May 18, 2010

Good Movie for 11 and up

I saw the movie and i am elevan i would take that kind of suspence. But i maybe a little much kissing ext. but still a good movie.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2010

Good for kids 13 and over

I love the movie you should watch this film to understand what the other films are about one concern there's a sword fight between the phantom and raoul and raoul arm gets hit by the phantom's sword and blood is scene
Kid, 10 years old December 30, 2009

ROCKING MOVIE!! :)

This movie rocks!
Teen, 13 years old Written byRaiin December 16, 2009

Well i didn't enjoy the book ...

Oh how i've always wanted to see this movie/play ... but unfortunately i've only read the book , which i didn't like . Still i look forward to seeing it .
Teen, 15 years old Written byBahBahBlahSheep November 22, 2009

Excellent

Excellent film. I haven't found anything inappropriate in it, except I don't think it would be very interesting to kids under 10.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenguinFan November 4, 2009

One of my favorite movies of all time

It is beyond me why people criticize this movie on so many different sites. Sure, Gerard Butler is not the world's greatest singer, but he is still pretty good. Nor can I see why people say this is so violent: there is one violent scene where a guy is hanged but it's not THAT bad, and the next worst thing is when a guy a minor cut on his arm while swordfighting with the Phantom. Overall I think that this is a great movie and everyone should see it. It's well worth the money.
Kid, 12 years old October 25, 2009

Bravo!!

My favorite musical, turned into a great movie! True there is some violence (the Phantom hangs two men, and comes very close to hanging a third). Not too much language. I saw it when I was in the first grade, didn't bother me at all.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMiraclexBlazer July 30, 2009

I absolutely love this movie. The only real concern is with violence but nothing other than that save for a few sexual hints which I doubt most kids will really pick up on as adults would.
Kid, 12 years old July 27, 2009

good

i haven't seen the movie, but the show on broadway was REALLY good!
Kid, 12 years old July 20, 2009