All member reviews for Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom of the Opera

Teen, 17 years old Written byElvenDryad157 April 9, 2008

A beautiful and heartfelt story

This is one of my favortie movies ever. The music is just thrilling, as is the sets and costumes which help bring the story along. Gerard Butler does a stellar job playing the Phantom. His rich, deep, almost rough voice adds to the chracter immensely. Emmy Rossum has an amazing voice, and she is so believeble as the innocent and caring Christine. This is a must see movie, and you must see the play as well!
Teen, 16 years old Written byanime_freak004 April 9, 2008

This is my favorite movie!

I absolutely loved this movie! I feel so sad for the Phantom though. He didn't truly love Christine until the end. Before that it had just been obsession. It seemed as if the Phantom never had his way. Killing wasn't the best way to deal with his problems though. It wasn't nice to make fun of the Phantom. He didn't need to be tourtured for people's amusment and then made fun of by Joeseph Boquet (ore whatever his name was). Most of the actors and actresses had wonderful singing voices. It was so great at the end when the Phantom realized that Christine really loved Raul, and that he should let her be happy. I loved this movie so much that I got my mom to take me to the Broadway show. They were both wonderful!
Teen, 15 years old Written bywiesnertt April 9, 2008

The best musical ever!

This movie is great. There is a lot of singing and not much action until later in the movie, but the Phantom of the "OPERA" is what it is called. There is one thing CS missed. In sexual content, a man does pull down his pants to moon an actress. It wasn't shown, and I thought it was a little wierd.
Teen, 17 years old Written byDreamCatcher68 April 9, 2008

Great adaption...

This has ALWAYS been my favourite musical (seen it 4 times). This is an amazing adaption of the musical, they did a nice job with the costumes, screenplay, etc. The scenary was the most impressive. I thought that the Phantom's voice could have been a little better. Although not quite as good as seeing it on stage, this movie added to the overall effect of the musical and was quite enjoyable. Highly reccomended.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Very Good

One of my favorite musicals, romantic, thrilling, and entertaining from start to finish, and also great eye candy. As far as content goes, there are some violent and suspenseful parts, and disturbing images, but it's not too much for mature kids to handle. Good for kids 10+
Teen, 14 years old Written byfiredancer April 9, 2008

Brilliant Preformance

My favorite musical, soaring songs with a high ammount of talent.
Teen, 14 years old Written byaleppoman April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byqt208 April 9, 2008

Can it get any better than this??!!

This awesome movie is filled with great acting, exquisite music, and wonderful costume and stage settings. I get goosebumps (the good kind) every time I watch it. A definite must-see for all Phantom phans!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymaygen1441 April 9, 2008

Absolutely incredible

This was the best movie I have ever seen it was fun and flirty but deep and sexy. I would recomend thid movie to anyone who is in the mood for a phenomanal film!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveharrypotter7 April 9, 2008

PHENOMENAL

This Film was absolutely incedible. It was very inspirational. It's a Romance but at the same time a musical and suspence. Better then the Brodway!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxffanatic04 April 9, 2008

This movie's okay. I like the song's better than the movie itsself. When the phantom's mask is taken off, at 1st is hair is black, when its off, its blond. ?????????

The best musical ever made!

Yes, i know what you are thinking, this kid is obsessed! and you are right. I have seen this movie billions of times. i have seen it on stage in alb. and i am planning a trip to las vegas to see it in a 40 million dollar custon built thearte! i totally recoend this to any 11+ kid!

The Ultimate Music of the Night for ages 11 and up!

The Phantom of the Opera tells the story of the character in the title in musical form. The Phantom has been lurking underneath the Paris Opera House for years and years, coming out occasionally and sending a note to the managers demanding a salary. That's until he meets Christine. Christine is a ballet dancer in the Opera and knows the Phantom as the Angel of Music, until he takes her away to his subterranean lair. The Phantom falls in love with Christine, and the feeling is somewhat mutual until Christine reunites with childhood sweetheart Rauol, who is now the financial supporter of the Opera. They fall in love, prompting the Phantom to exact revenge. This movie is iffy for anyone younger than 11. The Phantom's obbession with Christine has sexual undertones. Some scenes will be frightening, like the one where we discover the Phantom's origins. Also, the Phantom strangles two men in the movie. So, if you decide this movie is okay for your child, you will want to decide to spend a night at the Opera with your family.
Teen, 13 years old Written byeteichert April 9, 2008

Fantastic!!!!!

Possibly the best film ever to come into the bounds of existence!Phantom was powerful, moving, and full of beautiful music. The parts involved with the Love Triangle were fabulously played! I could(And do!)Watch this film time and time again!

the pHAAAAAAAAAATOMOF THE OPERA!

it was a great flim and very good acting !!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byRowsdower April 9, 2008

The Phantom

I must admit, I rolled my eyes when I saw the movie case...some stupid masked dude fondling a stupid-looking girl. It looked terribly sappy, and to make matters worse: it was a musical. Oh well, I thought, I'll have fun making fun of it. Despite the fact that it started out rather dully. Until the disembodied voice started singing in Christine's dressing room. From there on, the music and the plot kept getting better and better. The Phantom is a man who you loathe and pity at the same time. He's a well-rounded, interesting character. The music is brilliant, it tells the story well and lingers with you for quite a while afterwards.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBailey9253 April 9, 2008

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

NOT BETTER THAN THE BOOK, BUT GOOD
Teen, 13 years old Written byyayne April 9, 2008

a legendary masterpeice

i love musicals, and Lord Andrew Lloyd Webber is the lord of musicals. the music he makes is legendary and the work he put into this one added to his fame. but enough about him, the movie itself is pretty well made, even when there are a few mistakes here or there. but the big problem is the sexual references. during the number 'Music of the Night', the phantom starts touching Christine in ways that is considered sexual. and during 'Past the Point of no Return', they keep on says phrases like 'bodies entwining' and 'becoming one' (there is a popular rumor going around that during that one scene the actor who played the phantom got visibly aroused, just look for any signs of that towards the crescendo of the song). and there is one make out scene at the end between Christine and the phantom. the violence in it shouldn't be too much of an issue. but you do see the phantom chasing a man and then strangling him with a noose right before his corpse drops down onto the stage. and there is a sword fighting scene where the phantom gets Raoul in the arm and is able to draw blood, but its just a little bit on his shirt. the alcohol content in it is very minimal. from just my memory, i only remember the use of alcoholic beverages was at the beginning when a dancer is seen taking just a small sip from a bottle, and during the masquerade scene were the stage hands are celebrating with getting drunk, but theres just a few seconds of that. so parents, if you don't mind your child seeing anything like this, they may be able to see it alone. but if they are young, you should see it with them for their sake.