Stylized retelling of Tolstoy classic best for older teens.

Parent Written byDan G. February 28, 2013

R-rated movies for children? No way.

An OK movie for adults, the whole thing is about people that cannot control themselves or keep their marital commitments. A lot of pain and suffering for all involved (and even for those that are not) ensues. Pretty serious stuff, as the MPAA rating suggests.
Kid, 11 years old July 9, 2013

Best for mature teens

Anna Karenina is a good movie but it is best for mature teens (spoilers) two people get hit by a train including Anna.Anna's being an act of suicide. The main part of the story is that anna falls in love with a man when she is already married so she has an affair which means it's a little heavy on adult content
Teen, 13 years old Written bySonia S. June 2, 2013

I honestly love this movie, if your thinking about it you should definitely watch this
Teen, 14 years old Written byAgirl May 20, 2016

Honest Review (Just One Spoiler Towards the End) (I have written spoiler there)

I feel that it's a good adaptation of Leo Tolstoy's book and is a beautiful movie Here are the pros and cons Pros:- 1) it's a very unique story and has a fair share of plot twists 2) it has good actors and the places have been potrayed quite well 3) It has acts of kindness and forgiveness Cons:- 1) some people might find some scenes slow and kinda boring but it does keep us entertained and interested mostly 2) It has some lovemaking (the scenes imply lovemaking ) but if ur mature enough u can handle it (not recommended if u are new to such topics) 3)It has some deaths (SPOILER) in one case a man dies in front of a train and towards the end the protagonist dies by throwing herself in front of the train. It's a great move but also sad. It's quite unique and not like a typical romance film Ps:- I wanted to give five stars but you can only watch it once since if u already know the plot it isn't fun to watch it a second time, so I left out a star (that's the way I feel but that's the only reason why I gave four stars and left out one star, not anything else)