All member reviews for Anne of Green Gables

Adult Written byfirmbeliever65 April 9, 2008

Kid, 8 years old September 26, 2009

Good movie

Marilla is not very nice at the beginning, y'know. Matthew is wonderful, and so nice. Anne Shirley has a temper, does not like her red hair, but she's a wonderful girl! Her red hair makes her pretty, (but I like my brown hair) and Gilbert is nice. It's shame Matthew has to die. The movie is wonderful! (It's fake, too, there's no real true story of that, It's all fake)
Parent Written bymyab October 14, 2010

Gentle Movie With Wonderful Messages

My family watched this last year when my daughter and I were reading the book together. She absolutely adored it, so much so that we had to get the follow up movie immediately. Even my husband and older son got caught up in the story. Wonderful movie about the importance of being yourself, of family love and acceptance, of friendship, and ultimately of learning to know and love yourself.
Parent of a 7 and 15 year old Written byApplesauce9 November 12, 2012

Lovingly with all my heart

The whole Anne Series has immesurable value for youth as they grow up with a young woman who will not compromise her values. Gilbert in turn, tries harder because of her. Historical knowledge increases as children move through the series. Anne's youngest child, Rilla's adventures in saving a war baby, and organizing a Jr. Red Cross, waiting and praying for their soldiers to return home from WWI, are all truly heroic, and the romance continues as Anne's children grow up. This collection is one of the best ever written in all time. Funny, sad, happy, inspiring, hopeful, it has it all. The entire series should be enjoyed again and again.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byA4Q96 February 28, 2010

Great books and movie

Great movie... Nothing not to like. A little long, but kids are mesmerized by it!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 6, 2012

anne green gables

Families can talk about Anne. Is she a role model? Is she like any kids you know in real life? How do you think she'd be different if the movie was set in modern times? If you've read the book, how does the movie compare? Which do you like better, and why? If you haven't read the book, does watching the movie make you want to check it out? Talk about the choices available to girls (and women) at the turn of the century. Why did Marilla feel that Anne would be "of little use" to them? And how did Anne overcome the difficult odds she faced at the beginning of the film?
Kid, 11 years old May 27, 2014

amazing

it is amazing i did a book report and everything on it.
Educator and Parent Written byCommonSenseChristian February 7, 2014

Your Family Will Find a Kindred Spirit in Anne

Anne of Green Gables is, without question, one of the most beautiful movies ever made. Anne Shirley is a well-rounded, dynamic character who grows and matures throughout the movie, yet never loses her endearing mix of cleverness, whimsy, and independence. Matthew and Marilla provide the first real family Anne has ever known, and are good at it, too. Other characters, like Diana and Gilbert, will quickly find a place in your heart. The gorgeous scenery of Prince Edward Island will have you yearning for a Canadian getaway. Cautions are mild and are more jump-off points for family discussion than cautions. These include: Anne's temper, Rachel Lynde's tendency to gossip and judge, and Marilla's semi-frequent referral to Anne as a "heathen," as well as treating her as such. Some scary scenes include Matthew's death and the serious illness of a toddler. Also, for length's sake, wait until your kids are a bit older. Otherwise, Anne, red hair and all, is a gem.
Kid, 11 years old December 25, 2011

Good movie

Kid, 9 years old March 19, 2011

All ages.

Great,sweet movie:)!All ages! I recommend this for your family. A great family movie. No bad stuff.,clean movie:).
Parent Written byStepMomSterToo January 11, 2011

Great movie

I absolutely love these movies. So great. Nothing bad to say, but know that your kids might not stay awake. Definitely not an action film, but a classic.
Adult Written bySarah Grace September 6, 2010

for girls

Like this a lot. Me, my sisters, and Mom watch it at least once a year :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byashlieking20 August 13, 2010

Kid, 8 years old August 8, 2010

Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2010

AWESOME FOR TWEENS AND UP!

I loved it. I loved it when I was 10, and now I'm 11. I've seen all 4 movies of Anne Of Green Gables. It's romantic and dramatic.....slightly a chick flick. But really, I went to half price books and picked up a 5 disc collector edition and watched it with my friends. They all loved it, and you would too. For the 2nd disc the rating would remain 10 yrs. For the 3rd and 4th, 11/12. The 3rd and 4th are movies that a 10 yr. old probably would'nt be very interested in.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRicochet94 April 10, 2010

Perfect in every way. A great reminder of the days when movies took their. When directors knew you didn't have to use fast zooms, hand-held cameras, and relentless action to craft a movie. And it is suitable for any age; there is no language, no violence, and no sexual/suggestive content of any kind. Director Kevin Sullivan didn't just make a movie, he made 4 hours of art. Art that will stay in my DVD collection for a long time to come.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUgli Chic March 14, 2010

for ages 5-105

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! Anne of Green Gables is one of my fav books, and I love Megan Follows and Jonathan Crombie b/c they did such a great job in the saga! ~Ugli Chic
Teen, 14 years old Written bya teen book lover February 15, 2010

perfect family movie

I loved this movie.And the books great to.I say 6+ because any younger and thay just won't get it.
Teen, 16 years old Written byChicagogrl February 10, 2010

Great for all ages though kids 10+ will understand it better

Loved it i saw it once on a pbs special then got the movie and i fell in love with it. The movie is pretty long (aprox. 4hrs), but for me is well worth the watch. It has a little bit of everythiing comedy (as Anne struggles with the troubles she gets into with her temper), Romance (the possibility of Anne and Gilbert), Friendship (the mentioning of kindred spirits), Education (much literary work is mentioned), and Drama. I recommend seeing the second and third movie, though the age reccomendations would change to +11 for the second and +14 for the third
Teen, 17 years old Written byJha800 January 2, 2010

Awesome just like the book!

i read the book anne of green gabels and fell in love! once done i drove everyone crazy looking for the movie ad we found this one and it was great! in the book it skiped her going to the picknic and other things but showed it in the movie which was really neat