All teen and kid member reviews for Annie (1982)

Kid, 10 years old June 24, 2012

Pause for 7

This is a great movie for children age 7 and up. The songs are catchy and fun. Positive Messages: Believe in yourself. Anything is possible. Positive Role Models: Annie believes anything is possible and never gives up. Violence: A main character is shown dangling from the end of a bridge, but no one gets hurt. The lady who runs the orphanage treats the children like dirt. So does her brother and his girlfriend. A non-important character attempts to kill a rich man. Inappropriate Content: The lady who runs the orphanage hits on every man she interacts with: the laundry collector, a policeman, and Annie's rich "temporary" caregiver. In one scene, she removes her robe only and shimmies her bottom at him and calls him "her hot tamale," "her billiard ball," and a couple other names like that. Language: Two D's and two GD's. Consumerism: None Drinking and drugs: The lady who runs the orphanage abuses alcohol. I think mature 7-year-olds and up who love music (like me) should totally see this amazing musical.

A cute little movie for the whole family...

My middle school Drama class is doing Annie for our play, so we had to watch this movie in class to get a feel for what we were doing. I was shocked that this stood up pretty well in the test of time, unlike some other cheesy movies from the '80s. I was also surprised at the frequent, yet mild adult content in this movie. Miss Hanigan (played by Carol Burnett, who should have won an Oscar for her amazing job in this role) is a severe alcoholic who likes saying G** and hits on random guys, such as the laundryman and the policeman. Miss Hanigan also abuses the orphans, who are just as mean to her; Miss Hanigan's brother, Rooster, isn't much better. In the climax of the movie, Rooster hits his sister and chases Annie up a giant bridge, but only to fall quite a ways down and be arrested. Plus, in two memorable scenes, a crazy dude trys to bomb a house and Annie beats up a bunch of other kids. Overall, this movie is good for 7-year-old's and up, but young kids should stay away. Parents, you won't groan through this either; this is actually pretty decent, as far as kiddie movies go.
Kid, 9 years old September 29, 2011

ANNIE IS MY........

annie is my role model she is a great singer THANK YOU DADDY WOREBUCKS just so you know daddy worebucks adoped her
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2014

More than a musical about a cute little orphan girl.

Ms. Hannigan wants to marry every man, and she asks Mr. Warbucks, "Shall we make honey?" Also, she drinks too much alcohol. Some kissing, and three uses of d**n. There is a scene where Rooster Hannigan attempts to kill Annie. He also knocks out his sister by punching her in the face when she was trying to keep him from killing Annie.
Kid, 11 years old July 27, 2011

A VERY great movie

I love it because it's funny and Annie overcomes obstacles that are put in her way.Ms.Hannagin is not very appropriate though
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2010
It is a great movie. They say a bad word and there is drinking and it's scary. It can get a little boring for kids at some parts. My musical theater group is singing and dancing to some of the songs.
Teen, 17 years old Written byCamoFanatic123 August 12, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrankiedoodle August 3, 2016

Not a Very Good Family Movie

This movie, although may seem innocent has some necking, cursing and sexual references. Also when the characters go to see a movie there are ladies dancing with very skimpy out fits and too much skin showing. Miss Hannigan and Miss Grace are shown in their slips and sometimes when ladies spin you can see too much! There is also some drinking and smoking, in one scene Ms. Hannigan seems drunk. Annie is kidnapped and there is a lot of unnecessary drama and violence that may creep younger kids out. Ms. Hannigan pulls jewelry out of another woman's breasts...just not appropriate. In my opinion it isn't even a very interesting movie, pretty cheesy and predictable...I would avoid this one.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2016

A great storyline, but is definatly 8+

I love this movie, the story is nice. But I seriously think that it's 8+ I mean, come on you guys! Some characters in the movie smoke!
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna_hagan_ December 31, 2014

it depends...

I was suprised when most adults said all the bad things about language and other things but i have never had a problem with that kind of stuff. in my opinion i think this movie is great and there was nothing too bad in it. my parents let me watch at 5 so im sure it will be fine for everyone else
Kid, 9 years old December 22, 2014

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING MOVIE!!!!

nothing in Annie inappropriate for ages 5 and up. Only kids under 5 would be to scared by Annie. positive messages and positive role models. Only a little bit of drinking/drugs/smoking in Annie. No words in Annie are that bad.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMichael Fraraccio December 10, 2014

"Leapin' lizards!"

Highly recommended.
Kid, 11 years old December 4, 2014

Some language and iffy humor to watch out for

While Annie may seem like a pretty family-friendly film, there is a lot of God d***s uttered towards the end. Miss Hannigan does a somewhat sexual number in her underwear and is a drunk. Rooster plans to kill Annie and later falls down a railroad track. Common sense media should've put more info on this page about this movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 15, 2014

common sense media, there are a few mild swear words.

common sense media, you're wrong about annie having no swearing, there are a few very mild swear words like "damn" and "oh my god".
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2014
Very good movie for kids around 6 about caring for each other and stuff. Though begins to get old fashion through the years.
Teen, 14 years old Written byqq4123 April 30, 2014

Great Lessons, Lots of Drinking!

This classic movie that is loved by Hollywood is not to miss! But heed this warning, ANNIE does contain some drinking scenes, and Miss Hanigann even pours some liquor in her bathtub. The "scary scene" at the end is not scary, just very intense. A few bad words are spouted throughout the movie, but nothing serious! Make sure to watch it.
Kid, 11 years old February 7, 2014

Good movie.

Has some scary parts, can be boring, and has some mild language.
Kid, 12 years old December 30, 2013

The Sun Will Come Out Tomorrow

This a good movie. The reason of why its inappropriate for 2 & under is that (spoiler alert!) there's scary ness of Annie that just got kidnapped but there are positive role models in this movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 21, 2013

This has everything you'll need to know

Violence: Mild. Mrs. Hannagan is mean to the orphans, and teams up with criminals to get the reward that would be given to Annie's parents (that end with Annie almost falling to her death). No guns, but one bomb goes off, no one killed or injured. Language: Mild The words "God*mnit" "d*mn" "marry mother of God" "dumb" "shut up" and "get lost" are used. Sex: low. Mrs. Hannagan almost kisses a laundry man, but is interrupted when Pepper teases her with "kissy kissy kissy". Consumerism: none.Drinking, drugs, and smoking: Low . Mrs Hannagan says Annie's drunk even though it's untrue. Daddy Warbucks smokes a cigar.