All member reviews for Apollo 13

Teen, 17 years old Written byKoOkYMoNsTa234 April 9, 2008

APOLLO13

My friends and I recently viewed APOLLO13 in school and there was al ot of "blushing". There were numerous sexual double entendres/references with Kevin Bacon stating to a woman (with a beer bottle and round glass) "This is you, this is me. We thrust my baby (his penis) in and it zooms out (getting erect). Then there is the penetration. Everything's clickin', and the buttons are pushin'", and there is an implied sex scene with the camera panning away as things get raunchy. That suprised me in a PG rated film.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2010

Ok, for almost everyone

Great movie, powerful! It might be a little scary to kids 8 and under, but besides that it's fine! (watch it at night, then your younger kids will fall asleep during the sad part, which is later in the movie)

a sad but good story about astronauts

well its agreat movie i liked but u have to follow really good or u will lose it
Teen, 14 years old Written bynerdgirl96 January 16, 2011

My favorite movie ever!

I saw this for the first time when I was six, but I had a serious space obsession going at the time. By this point, I can say a lot of the dialogue along with the characters. It's an amazing story; if it was real, the happy ending would be cheap. The astronauts, families, and mission control people are good role models, and they all worked so hard to bring the three men home. The music is also really good. There is some sex (took me awhile to understand that) and language (but it's understandable, considering the situation). Overall, really, really good.
Teen, 15 years old Written byjackamers8 April 18, 2009

I have watched this movie probably around 5-7 times, and it never gets old. The scenes and acting keep you glued to your seat, wanting to see more. It's filled with a ton of "How are they gonna get outta that one?!" moments (like when the crew is running into a carbon dioxide problem) and other scenes (like when they have to power the entire spacecraft with just the power used to run a coffee pot) that keep you wondering how they will solve the problems to bring the crew home. Although there are a couple sexual scenes (one showing a man and a woman in a shower together, nothing is seen though, and another part in the opening scenes when a man talking to a woman shows what happens when a spacecraft docks with the LEM, representing her as the glass and him as the beer bottle head entering the glass) its not that bad. And "the clap" part that they bring up in the "Sex" part of the Common Sense review I didn't even catch when I first watched the movie, and when I did catch it later on, I still didn't even know what "the clap" was. As for the drinking and drugs part, it's barely noticeable. There is a fair amount of smoking, mainly in parts of immense stress or celebration (like when they finally land the crew safely), but I wouldn't call it excessive. Drinking is even less noticeable, maybe one scene in the beginning. There is quite a bit of language, but in reality, all the language said is from the actual speech said between ground control and the spacecraft, and it actually adds to the film as it further builds up the tension and stress of the situation. The only thing I must say is that you do have to understand what is going on and be somewhat familiar with the space program to fully understand and enjoy the movie. If you have a kid and they aren't that familiar with anything space related, be prepared to pause the movie a few times to explain the setting, time period, and basically what's going on. The first time I viewed it when I was about 9 or 10 I thought it didn't make sense and didn't catch everything, but I still thought it was intriguing knowing just how close to death the main characters are. But I now understand every part very well, and every time I watch it again I learn something new.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 January 19, 2009

A wonderful masterpiece...

This movie will keep your eyes glued to the screen the entire length of the film. Not for very young children though. There are a few sexual scenes and a pretty good amount of language. about a doxen uses of sh-t in various forms, p-ss,etc. no f-words though. Geat movie overall though.
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2011

Dramatic and suspenseful

This is a very good movie! Very suspenseful and you learn a lot about astronauts and space. Great family movie!
Kid, 12 years old March 14, 2010

Good movie

It was ok. but just cuz i say its ok doesnt mean u wont love it. i no alot of people who think its great!!!!! theres alot of use of the word sh*t (i mean alot) & the couple get out of the shower together, nothing is shown, they are in towels. this movie is based on a true story.

Extremely boring

This is so boring, and scary that I left the room. Bad movie.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe Blow November 22, 2011

Apollo 13 Review

A great movie. 13 "s" words, 7 uses of G-d-mn, 15 "d-mns" and 10 "hells". After all, it was a great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 June 6, 2011

Absolutely incredible, but far too much for a modern PG rating.

My rating: PG-13 for tense sequences of peril, some intense images and brief language.
Kid, 11 years old April 2, 2011

Great for ages 10 and up

I saw this movie in my class because we were learning about space travel in science and I really love it! Just want you to know that it is not for little kids. there is plenty of smoking, some swearing such as the s-word and bulls--t is used, some kissing and little kids may be afraid of when the engine blows up or when they do not know how to get home because they might be afraid if the astronauts die but they survive.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybananalover March 24, 2011

check out my page for more awesome recommendations

Vviolence: characters in peril and intense clips of a fire in a spacecraft Sex: people flirting with each other and a scene with sensuality. Including "the clap." Language: S**t is said at least 5 times and other expletives. Drinking: drinking a parties and everyone working with the space place smokes a cigar.
Teen, 15 years old Written byreed Carson January 9, 2011

Classic in need of a PG-13 rating

I am sorry but this is not a PG film. Really it should be PG-13 due to all the godd**ms and uses of s***. Along with few A** and Hells. Made back in the mid-90's, they should really re-rate it. If you are younger than 11, I recommend waiting out this wonderful film. A classic film.
Kid, 12 years old April 29, 2010

Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2009

apollo 13 review by critic07

I loved apollo 13 it was an amazing film that thrilled me and i loved how they told the true story of the three brave men that wanted to land on the moon but instead journeyed to the moon back without even touching it. It them 7 days to get back home! It had a few sexual content scenes that were only about 20 seconds long. They had really bad words for a PG rating. Not any violence really, but it had tons of smoking and peril. But it was a great sci-fi adventure.

Intense yet Heartwarming for ages 11 and up!

Great Family Movie! No sex, no violence (just intensity), iffy language, and barely any alcohol. Adults and kids will both love it!
Teen, 13 years old Written by123abc5 December 29, 2013

Movie

Not bad, but contains bad language.
Kid, 12 years old October 26, 2013

GREAT

Kid, 10 years old August 31, 2013

Houston, we have a problem...

There are characters in peril in this movie, there is a party in which drinking is included, and mild language is included. Don't think about watching it.