All member reviews for Apollo 18

Teen, 16 years old Written bybanana man13 September 3, 2011

super awesome scary sci fy

Hello guys i saw this movie the opening night its started out great and just got greater there is 4 very disturbing sceanes me and my mom jumped so many times the langue is'nt that bad besides the 2 f bombs for a couple scenes there was gore but not so much go see it it looks very real
Teen, 14 years old Written byhazel119 September 28, 2011

Apollo 18

Language- profanity throughout the movie including the f-bomb. Violence- frightening scenes for younger viewers, and one nasty infected gory wound.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRottylover February 8, 2012

NOT 14+

No matter what this says, this movies it a great thriller movie!! 11+!!!!
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2011

Apollo 18

Honestly i'm 12 and I get scared by movies really easily, this movie was a little scary. If you don't mind a few profanity words here and there then its fine. Also they die so if you don't want your kid seeing violence then you might want to watch the movie first then let your kids watch it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bydavyborn September 8, 2011

Intense but ultimately awful found footage horror movie is fine for older teens

I honestly don't have a clue as to why I actually wen't and saw this moive on opening day. me and my my friends were both miserable after in ended, so we wen't back to my place and watched a truly scary movie: The Exorcist. But, we're not com[aring movies like this to classic masterpieces of horror, pluse, it just wouldn't be very fair to the latter in the first place if I did a comparision of the two.Anothet thing, I saw every commercial, I read every comment and even read a summery of the story, and yet, I still wen't and saw it. Oh well, for me. I don't really think that this movie is too much for younger audiences, as long as they enjoy found footage horror movies, they should be fine. There is some occasional violence, including a grisly wound in a mans stomach, a face exploding and some assorted blood. Also, there is frequent profanity with at least 1 F-word. But besides that, as long as your teen enjoy these type of movies, or horror movies anyway, I think that they should probably be able to take it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byforox123 September 6, 2011

Apollo 18

This movie was average. Don't take the critics advice, they are giving this terrible reviews. Its not as bad as they make it look! Starting off with a little family introduction, while they are at a BBQ, a man talks about having to much to drink one night. It does not go into any further details. All three astronauts are at this family introduction, and one of the cosmonauts shows off his son. You'll hear from him later on to. But without warning this old movie like film ends. Now they introduce themselves. In a military base trying out there suits. And telling the camera, "I was called up one night, someone said "this is a secure line", the DoD (department of defence) wants to know if you'd like to go a secret mission to the moon Apollo 18"? He said Yeah sure. You can see it has a slow start but after about 15-20 minutes it blasts off. Now getting into the movie part. It is very scary, people get pulled away into cold craters, and jumpout of the screen scenes are in there. Hopefully you dont have an easy stomach, one scene shows a man pulling out a "alien spider" from his belly after being outside the lunar lander. Lots of language not to bad though. Overall though it definatley meant for theaters.
Kid, 12 years old February 26, 2012

Scary!!!1

Me and my 11 year old cousin watched this and it was pretty freaky! We couldn't watch the part where the guy sorta does surgery on the other guy! Overall great movie not good for younger kids.
Kid, 11 years old February 26, 2012

Horror on the moon

Apollo 18 was a fairly reasonable movie! My parents had seen it first and said it was boring and then I saw it with my friend and I handled it quite fine. It gave me the chills especially after one of the guys got the scab! There is some stronger language including on f bomb as the horror escalates! If your child gets nightmares very easily Apollo 18 may not be the best!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySomeoneYouDon'tKnow February 8, 2012

A stupendous found-footage horror flick

This movie is really scary and cool. I watched it for my recent 13th birthday party and all my friends were shaking the whole time. This is great so I'm surprised it was panned by critics. This is definitely on my top ten list for best horror movies.
Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2012

Scary.

This movie is scarier than Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark. My mpaa rating: pg-13 for language, violence, and disturbing creture content.
Teen, 13 years old Written bylittlemonster98 January 15, 2012

Definetly should be rated R...hands down!

This movie is sooo violent and disturbing and is not for kids at all...this movie was like the Blair witch project meets paranormal activity....but a very crappy version of the two put together. Very graphic and the wound he gets is sooooo bloody and later gets infected. I threw up...btw. Anyway...parents a yes(but beware); children a no.
Kid, 12 years old January 5, 2012

Disappointing movie has sad ending. Not for young teens

I thought the ending was going to be happy but guess what. SPOILER ALERT: they die at the end. I was crying at the end of the movie. Most of the scenes were either suspenseful or scary. I looked away when SPOILER: they pulled the rock out of someones chest. Don't waste your time seeing this movie
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2012

Apollo 18 is a crash-landing!

What a dumb movie! It was a waste of time (even though it's only 88 minutes, because they probably don't have enough content to put in it). It lacked plot and wasn't the least bit scary. It does have some foul language, including the f-word, but the violence is really not very graphic. It's actually a joke. The whole movie is so bad that it's funny! I expected a lot more from this movie and the one creepy, gross, actually nerve-wracking scene that was in it didn't make it that much better! Save your money and time. Stay away from this awful movie.
Kid, 10 years old December 27, 2011

Apollo 18

this masterpiece is an amazing movie but is not meant for kids. It has an extremely gory wound(that made me lose my appetite) and plenty of scary jump out scenes. In the beginning it includes an inappropriate conversation with the astronauts and the language begins to be used more often as the story continues, includes- s***, f***, b******, d***, h*** etc.
Kid, 12 years old September 19, 2011

Eeeeeeekkkk!

It was sooooooo scary. I was about to cry I was so scared in the theatre. Some minor swears but no f-bombs. I had nightmares every hour that night. Alien spiders that disguise as rocks. Previews before that are supposed to be movies you would like because you are seeing this one, Paranormal Activity 3!!!!! GO WITH A FAMILY MEMBER OR A FRIEND!!!! YOU NEED SOMEONE TO BE THERE WITH YOU! I would recommend talking to someone who has seen it or truly understanding the trailer. Otherwise pretty good on-the-moon horror movie! (tip: if you're not sure, watch the movie preview/review thing! It gives you a good sense of what you're in for!)
Kid, 12 years old September 18, 2011

wait until it is on video

it wasn't as bad as the critics rated it.to me it kind of went downhill as the movie went on.it wouldn't be too scary for younger kids, but some images may be disturbing.i found the actual aliens comical.they literally look like a bunch of rocks with legs.i closed my eyes when the gory part happened,so i can't say how bad that part was.the aliens look computer animated, so it takes away from the effect a little.i did enjoy the movie, but i should have just waited 'till it was out on video and rented it.although it wasn't as scary as i thought it would be, it'll definitly make kids change their minds about being an astronaut when they grow up.
Kid, 10 years old September 6, 2011

sweet movie

so cool watch it now!!!!!!
Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2013

FANTASTIC

a really good, found footage thriller, IM am really sick of people saying that this is a rip off of paranormal activity and Blair Witch, this is really good, and Rotten Tomatoes gave this one star, well the guy reviewing it must of been blind
Kid, 11 years old April 21, 2012

different

this movie will shock you to the core.
Teen, 13 years old Written byperimia May 28, 2013

Decent, but definitely not for kids under ten or eleven.

This film should be fine for kids, but I don't see the point in persisting to get to see it because it's not actually that good film. It's thrilling, and there's constant, constant suspense which builds the film up. There are two disturbing moments; one where a man pulls something out an injury, another when he complains of something being in his suit and when he turns round there's a spider-like thing on his face. It's not exactly uplifting, but a good introduction to the horror genre.