Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Aquaman

Underwater origin story has lots of comic book action.

Parent of a 5, 5, 5, 9, and 11 year old Written byLushdreamer February 10, 2019

You have to

It was awesome had quite a bit of violence but that made it exiting you never knew when someone was going to attack.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bySawryk February 4, 2019
Adult Written byJoe77 February 1, 2019

Bad language

There is a huge and diverse amount of bad language in this. Not for kids under 13.

Adult Written byJohn L. January 29, 2019

DC's BIG FISH

This is a fun watch really was surprised by the action but the emotional stuff was not up to par. With already a billion dollars in the bank I think this character will get more sequels and I would be happy with that. HIGHLY RECOMMEND

Adult Written byAPIS YK January 26, 2019

A true response for auqaman

Today I am going to review the movie Aquaman, this movie was created by DC Extended Universe and released on December 7, 2018. When the movie came out there were millions of people buying tickets to watch this movie. The movie attracted people’s attention from its setting, which is the ocean. The movie starts with showing a scene of a fish king being mad at humans because they treated the ocean like nothing. But he cannot kill all the humans himself, so he had to get some help by convincing other fish kingdoms. And meanwhile, there is a half fish and half human man, who starts to fight back to save humans from death. The movie was very interesting because of its setting like I mentioned earlier, it was set underwater. This was interesting because most of the superhero movies are based on land and space not underwater. While watching the movie, the only word that came out of my mouth was ‘Wow!’ For example at the final fighting scene contained a lot of showy things, such as explosions, water volcano, and etc... But at the same time, the movie was kind of lame-- the setting, background, action scene, and characters were perfect but the story was too obvious. So Marvel Studio used to made movies by a superhero having a normal life and suddenly becomes a hero and safes the earth, this movie was in the same direction but in a different way. So when I was watching the movie I just noticed what will happen. So if I am going to rate this movie I would give it a 3.5/5.
Adult Written bySomeSJW January 25, 2019

Shows how water if vital for life.

My child always complains at restaurants that he wants a soda but I get him water instead. I took him to see this movie, and now he understands how important water is for your body. Now he is a water enthusiast.

Adult Written by[email protected] January 11, 2019

Um...it was ok...I guess

I never thought Aquaman was 'movie-worthy'.....and I was right....I just went to see Jason...outside of that, too many dumb fighting scenes and I really didn't care for the language...like I said, I just went to see Jason...

Adult Written byBagpusscat January 5, 2019

First ten mins is pure violence

I had already checked out the reviews before taking my (almost 9 year old) son., so thought it would be fine. I was wrong. The first ten mins were so violent; machine type guns, fight scenes, doors being smashed into people’s faces and stabbing with a trident. OK, you don’t see blood - but there must have been about 15+ people beaten up or killed in the opening scenes, which is pretty full on and uncomfortable. We walked out after 10 mins and so did another parent in the cinema (her son was almost 10). We chatted outside and everyone agreed, including the kids, it was way too much. I would avoid this film with any kids under 12yrs. Plus the script and acting was already dire. Save your money x

Adult Written byAhlanderj January 1, 2019

Adult Written byteddy2 December 31, 2018
Adult Written byBAscione December 30, 2018

Very violent, lots of foul language, poor plot

Wildly violent. Stretches and stretches of thin plot and just violence and language. My 13 year old asked to leave.

Adult Written bygonzofilmguy December 29, 2018

Momoa is Pretty but the Movie is Pretty Bad

Stupidest superhero movie ever - terrible story - horrible dialog - bad acting - but Jason Momoa is pretty. - I had great hopes that Aquaman was going to live up to the hype unfortunately it drowns in a sea of inane dialog, poorly acted scenes, and predictable fight sequences. I didn't notice the bad language but others have commented elsewhere that it isn't suitable for small children, I don't think it's suitable for adults either so I'm not sure who the films audience really is. - I had a bad feeling right from the start of the film when the lighthouse keeper discovers a beautiful wounded merwoman on the rocks near his lighthouse. Of course he takes her in dresses her wounds and they fall in love and have a baby. As if the queen of an undersea empire would abandon the post she had been trained for since birth, take up with the technologically less advanced landlubber, and have a child with super ocean powers that nevertheless grows up to be a musclebound confident defender of the ocean. If you made it through that paragraph without gagging, you should go see the movie, you'll love it. - It just gets worse from there frequently giving the impression that the script was written to showcase the CGI sequences instead of the actors. The cast has plenty of starpower but it is totally wasted with predictable conflicts between the ocean factions, the pureblood would be king and his bastard half-breed brother, and a made up mercenary villian that never really develops into a credible threat. - All in all the two and a half hour joy ride left me tired and impatient for some real action. DC should just license their characters to Marvel for any future movies so that we can really enjoy the characters that we came to love as kids. - Don't bother to see this in the theater, save your money for the special collectors deluxe extended edition with special features ... this film needs all the help it can get.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byKeen2reviewU December 29, 2018

Fun Action Packed Movie for the Whole Family

Easy to follow story, action packed, lots of positive messages for everyone. Towards the end, there's a scene with underwater evil creatures - kids who are sensitive to ugly monsters with lots of large sharp teeth, making screeching noises may be sensitive to this scene - it doesn't last too long but is very dark.

Adult Written bythaminduk December 28, 2018

Adult Written byCaitlyn51 December 26, 2018

Beautifully created

Absolutely amazing. This is an absolute masterpieces and was beautifully created. Filled with action and adventure. Great storyline, unpredictable (which is nice), and excellent acting. Going to see again next week.

Adult Written byCharf302 December 26, 2018

Best Movie

It is a little violent but has a lot of positive messages and should be ok!

Written byAnonymous December 24, 2018
Parent of a 11 year old Written byAlexa W. December 22, 2018
This was truly an awesome movie, but definantly should not be viewed by some people. There was some great humor added to make the movie more enjoyable and no inappropriate scenes. Lots of violence though. Many people were killed, some brutally during action scenes. There was definitely animal cruelty. For starters, all Atlantians ride animals that totally have no free will. Also, when Aquaman summons ( controls) all the animals in the end it really tipped me off the edge. Then the enslaved animals of both sides had to fight each other and many were killed.

Adult Written byRotsac December 22, 2018

Best hero yet

This is a very action packed movie, some sensative mature material but not explicit kind. Violence and fights with some foul language from the start of movie till end of movie. The actors were perfectly cast. I loved this movie and will buy it. Only 12+ kids that are mentally matured should see this so they dont act out any of the scenes.

Adult Written byMarcusL December 22, 2018

Aqua man

Action packed, some language issues. Grandsons aged 9 and 10 handled it well an enjoyed it immensely.