Parent reviews for Aquaman

Underwater origin story has lots of comic book action.

Adult Written byWhat are we tea... February 15, 2019

What are we teaching our kids?

If you want to teach your children that men are in charge, young women must be sexy, mothers can't be sexy, and black people are the bad guys, go see this movie. I'm really getting sick of movies where the women are dressed like sex objects, and begging the man to save them, while the men (except Aquaman of course) are wearing full body armour, as you would if you were going into battle. There were some great scenes, but the overall message was a continuation of the misogyny rampant in our culture. I was happy to see the first female character was not shown with her chest bursting out of her costume, until I saw the young female's costume. Yuck. Wouldn't recommend it, unless you're going to discuss these issue with your kids. Only redeeming feature, the portrayal of what happens when one powerful person is in charge, and sends a bunch of innocent people into war for his own gratification.
Adult Written by[email protected] January 11, 2019

Um...it was ok...I guess

I never thought Aquaman was 'movie-worthy'.....and I was right....I just went to see Jason...outside of that, too many dumb fighting scenes and I really didn't care for the language...like I said, I just went to see Jason...

Adult Written byBagpusscat January 5, 2019

First ten mins is pure violence

I had already checked out the reviews before taking my (almost 9 year old) son., so thought it would be fine. I was wrong. The first ten mins were so violent; machine type guns, fight scenes, doors being smashed into people’s faces and stabbing with a trident. OK, you don’t see blood - but there must have been about 15+ people beaten up or killed in the opening scenes, which is pretty full on and uncomfortable. We walked out after 10 mins and so did another parent in the cinema (her son was almost 10). We chatted outside and everyone agreed, including the kids, it was way too much. I would avoid this film with any kids under 12yrs. Plus the script and acting was already dire. Save your money x

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byrand_mhr January 3, 2019

the best family movie in 2018!

great movie, with great story and conflict. the message is deep and good. I highly recommend having a family gathering to discuss what is meant by the movie after watching it. Tell your kids that swearing is not something good.

Adult Written byBAscione December 30, 2018

Very violent, lots of foul language, poor plot

Wildly violent. Stretches and stretches of thin plot and just violence and language. My 13 year old asked to leave.

Adult Written byJthompson222 February 10, 2019

Violent with foul language.

Parent of a 14-year-old Written byPrincess Consuela B. December 29, 2018
The movie is quite long, which usually means that it's good, but they stuffed a lot into it, and it was too much. Some of the lines were just lazy. The beginning was boring, but it got better towards the middle, and there was a good amount of language. Overall, if I were you I would skip the theater for this one. Also, it had some political, important lessons to stop polluting the oceans.

Adult Written byDYP December 23, 2018

Overdone CGI, constant fighting, predictable, plot holes, and generally cheesy. Prob fun for young kids but dull for anyone over 12

Don't expect same quality as Marvel movies. Like Justice League, this is filled with CGI, corny lines, C+ acting, and just lots of big battle scenes from beginning to end. No character development, predictable, etc. Movie could have been a 30 min tv show. If you have kids under 10, they'll prob like it.

Adult Written byTikaaniMoon May 16, 2019

Didn't Live Up to the Hype

With all those advertisements, I was excited to see this movie, but was disappointed when I finally saw it. There were a few dry, corny moments and some weak plotting and scenes. This movie is not very appropriate for younger children due to swearing and suggestive and some materials l found could have been left out.

Parent of a 13-year-old Written byTyler Crawford May 3, 2019

Really good movie!

A great movie with a good plot, great acting, and brilliant special effects. That been said, there was frequent bad language, and at one point he bad-mouths his brother. At one point there's a knife fighting scene. Not too much blood though. There was one point where these monsters crawl onto their boat, and they have to fight them off, eventually having to swim through a swarm of hundreds of them. Not suitable for under 13s. At the end though Aquaman shows an act of mercy to a character trying to kill him. This would have got a 5 star rating from me, accept for the bad language and that the story just didn't seem to progress; the movie dragged on a little.

Adult Written byTtca December 24, 2018

Fun movie, one drawback

Fun movie, great visual effects. One drawback is the flat performance of Amber Heard
Adult Written byBlackpantherfdd... February 21, 2020

Action packed

Wonderful movie but it contains alot of violence and foul language

Adult Written byGeeEchoes February 13, 2019

Mixed timeline in Aquaman

In Aquaman they said Arthur hadn't been to Atlantis and they mentioned him defeating Stephen Wolf from Justice League. But when Stephen Wolf attacked Atlantis in Justice league, Aquaman swam all the way down to Atlantis to fight Stephen Wolf. How did he know Atlantis then, when he didn't know Atlantis in the Aquaman movie.
Adult Written bygonzofilmguy December 29, 2018

Momoa is Pretty but the Movie is Pretty Bad

Stupidest superhero movie ever - terrible story - horrible dialog - bad acting - but Jason Momoa is pretty. - I had great hopes that Aquaman was going to live up to the hype unfortunately it drowns in a sea of inane dialog, poorly acted scenes, and predictable fight sequences. I didn't notice the bad language but others have commented elsewhere that it isn't suitable for small children, I don't think it's suitable for adults either so I'm not sure who the films audience really is. - I had a bad feeling right from the start of the film when the lighthouse keeper discovers a beautiful wounded merwoman on the rocks near his lighthouse. Of course he takes her in dresses her wounds and they fall in love and have a baby. As if the queen of an undersea empire would abandon the post she had been trained for since birth, take up with the technologically less advanced landlubber, and have a child with super ocean powers that nevertheless grows up to be a musclebound confident defender of the ocean. If you made it through that paragraph without gagging, you should go see the movie, you'll love it. - It just gets worse from there frequently giving the impression that the script was written to showcase the CGI sequences instead of the actors. The cast has plenty of starpower but it is totally wasted with predictable conflicts between the ocean factions, the pureblood would be king and his bastard half-breed brother, and a made up mercenary villian that never really develops into a credible threat. - All in all the two and a half hour joy ride left me tired and impatient for some real action. DC should just license their characters to Marvel for any future movies so that we can really enjoy the characters that we came to love as kids. - Don't bother to see this in the theater, save your money for the special collectors deluxe extended edition with special features ... this film needs all the help it can get.
Adult Written byLola2121 September 12, 2020

Terrible

Terrible movie. Boring, annoying and terrible movie didn't enjoy it at all, especially with the red head abusive actress who had not acting skills. Not only that, the special effects are horrible. Could not understand what was going on, just a total waist of money making the movie. Blah
Adult Written byEpicReviews August 31, 2020
Adult Written byDdaisy July 18, 2020

Loved it!

This movie has amazing visual. The message is great. The bad guys want a one world government, which is socialism, which is communism. The good guys want individualism. The good guys don’t want to fight but Only do to stop the dictator. I love that the men are strong, and capable.
Adult Written byRedditch March 23, 2020

Just close your eyes and think of a random film will probably be better

Read my title that's all I'm saying
Parent of a 5, 10, and 10-year-old Written bysilwuttke November 29, 2019

aqua IS the man

GOOD movie one of my 10 year olds watched it but includes LOTS of violence, and BAD language violence includes gun shooting, murder, suicide, explosions, physical aggression, and trident fighting. Language includes words like a son of a b****, b**tard, s***, damn and a** used multiple times. This movie also includes lots of kissing, and very scary and not good for small children

Parent of a 9-year-old Written bysterdun November 16, 2019