All member reviews for Aquamarine

Kid, 8 years old December 31, 2009
Kid, 10 years old May 2, 2011

Love is in the air

The movie is great! its all about a mermaid who wants to find love! there is nothing wrong but it should be 9 and up because younger kids may not understand!
Teen, 13 years old Written bytangled August 14, 2010

Its OK. The only bad things in it i can think of are the "B Word" and that mermaids don't wear anything "up top" and Aquas hair covers her chest. Some younger kids may not get the teenage dating.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhamstergurl09 December 11, 2010

Teenagers Probably Won't Like This.

I saw this when I was nine and loved it. But now that I'm older, I think it's kind of dumb. For kids between 8 and 11 or 12.
Adult Written byDeckerJ September 18, 2010

Rampant consumerism

I was shocked to see in the review that consumerism wasn't one of the concerns with this movie. Fashion/teen magazines aren't exactly what I'd want my 10 year old to be reading. Both females and males are constantly in swimsuits and revealing attire. To top it off, the acting isn't very good and the storyline is rather weak. Some of the special effects are good, but most are mediocre. You're not missing much if you skip it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJanae-nae October 12, 2011

Review of Aquamarine and why parents should let their kids watch it.

I think Aquamarine is a movie mainly girls would enjoy since it is about two girls trying to get Aquamarine who is a mermaid go on a date with Raymond who the two girls Hailey and Claire had a crush on for the longest time and hung out with Raymond every day of the summer. No went to the pool except for Hailey and Claire because it was too hot for anybody to be at the pool. "I personally don't know how it could be too hot to be a a pool with water and beable to swim to cool off." I watched Aquamarine and loved it!!! I thought it was kind of romantic in some ways.. I recommend you "parents" to rent or buy this movie for your girls today.. Its not that bad, not any bad language or bad gestures.. I think anybody could watch this movie.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2011

Cute movie for 10 and up

It's a great movie for tweens! Hayley says 'Royal b*tch' Girls wear skimpy swim suits. One scene at the beginning is where theses girls are walking on the beach in slow motion and Claire or Hayley says 'are they getting bigger' referring to the girls boobs. One scene shows Aquamarine In the tub with bubbles covering her and Raymond walks in. Over all it's a cute movie.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

luv!!

aquamarine is funny and cute the end is the best part.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written byOHMOM16 June 14, 2011

Aquamarine Gets the Blue Ribbon From Us !

This is an adorable film that little girls will love! My daughter and I saw it when she was about 7 - and we now own the DVD and watch it at least once a year. The main characters are sweet - the setting is charming - and the ending sends a wonderful message to girls. A win-win-win!! :)
Kid, 11 years old April 18, 2010

luv this movie its a lol comdey
Parent of a 17 year old Written bylove2 October 3, 2009

good movie but some iffy stuff

there are some iffy scenes like: when a girl shows off her boobs in her bikine to get the lifeguard Raymond to notice her, when 2 charecters kiss, when 2 of the main charecters fet into a big fight (just yelling not hiting), and some mild language.
Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2011

Aquamarine

I thought that this was a good movie for tween and teens, with a positive message: friends are awesome! And for the most part I liked it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byClaireeBearr April 10, 2011

Amazing movie (:

Aquamarine was an amazing movie that all my friends and I enjoyed. I am 14, and my friend who is 9 came to watch it with me, and we both love it. I really do love this movie, and it teaches good life lessons.
Kid, 12 years old December 11, 2009

great movie for anyone

luv this movie!
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

Amazing for Tweens

I liked this movie a lot, and I think it's fine for 9+ year olds. The movie was about getting a guy to love Aquamarine, but really it's more about friendship and girl problems. 8 year olds shouldn't watch it. Overall, it's really good.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2010

pretty good movie
Kid, 11 years old November 10, 2009

good for kids ages 9 and up

i saw this movie when i was 10, and i loved it!!! even though it had a bad word and other stuff, it's ok for fairly young kids.
Kid, 10 years old September 28, 2009

luved it : - )

i luved aquamarine! it was a really awsome movie! there is a little bit of flirting and some bad language. but other than that it's a fantastic movie. a must for tweens and teens!
Kid, 9 years old June 13, 2009

Great movie!

This a good movie and there is NOTHING i repet nothing bad! Its also a great movie! So just get it and watch it i would of rated it G not PG!
Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byqtnn January 11, 2009