All member reviews for Argo

Taut political thriller based on real-life escape from Iran.

Parent of a 10, 14, and 16 year old Written byGOOD MOTHER March 24, 2013

Argo was a good movie just note that some small parts may be a bit much for young ones.

I thought that kids at a certain age should see this so that they can understand some history and at the same time please keep in mind it has three parts to the movie that show some very near nudity. The first was at the beginning on the movie and it shows a drawing of a naked women the next is of two women in very revealing customs when the contact the sci-fi man. The third was when they try to convince the media of the movie and they have women dressed in very reveling costumes again. You may want the kiddos to turn around in these parts. I understand that this is history and what happened so they couldn't change it to much. Theses scenes don’t show very long they are brief parts of the movie. There was some bad langue and casual drinking and smoking did happen as well. Violence was talked about and showed throughout the movie but not too harsh. The most disturbing was when they showed a man hanging but again was brief. Over all I enjoyed the movie with my 15 and 16 year old children and just had them turn around for the parts I thought were inappropriate. The movie has a great story of courage hope and shows life lessons.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byMbenz1962 March 24, 2013

Excellent movie, but could have cleaned up the language to appeal to a wider audience.

Quite a lot of profanity (go f*** yourself) that was unnecessary. This movie would have been absolutely great with less foul language.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl March 4, 2013

Argo

There is really nothing to be concerned about in this movie. This movie is good for younger teens. It is really good. Great Movie and this movie is hardly rated R. 25 F-words. thats it. I don't even think there is a kiss in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywilsonbiggs February 28, 2013

Best for teens who know anything about politics

It has a good number of curse words, but the story is really great.
Parent of a 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byHighTechDad February 23, 2013

Definitely worth seeing

Argo is an entertaining, inspirational story with a real-life political backdrop. While it has an R rating, many PG-13 movies seem to have as much questionable material for children as this movie does.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 January 12, 2013

Entertaining and well written Affleck thriller definitely deserves Oscar noms!!!

Parent Written bythenoah December 17, 2012

One of the best films ever made

This is one of the greatest movies ever made. There is a lot of language, but that is it. This movie is okay for kids eleven and up. Its very intense, and has you at the very edge of your seat. Tony Mendez is definitely a role model. This movie will go down in the books as a classic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaden147 November 24, 2012

10/10 great movie and ok for teens

I know I'm just a 13 year old but please hear me out. I saw this movie on my 13th birthday and LOVED IT. Its a 10/10 movie. I was very surprised to find VERY little violence in this movie. There was no sex at all but there was language. Id say about 35-45 f words. Over all i guess just kniw your clild, if he has heard the f word and is ok with it they they can see this movie
Teen, 17 years old Written byTheTruthForYouIdoits November 4, 2012

An almost family movie

This was a great movie that keeps your attention the whole way through. I loved almost everything about this movie and if swearing isn't an issue for your kids then this would be a perfect movie for most ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 28, 2012

epic thriller is very taught, very intense.

this expertly made, extremely taught thriller is one of the best films of the year. it's a smart, well acted, well made piece of filmmaking that will probably be up for an Oscar or 2. this tense political movie does not have many things that will turn off kids. the beginning is very realistic and even has real footage of people starving and dying. there is even an image of a person hanging upsidedown with bloody holes in his body. other violent scenes include the take over of the embassy shown in real footage and in reenacted. people brake things, soldiers fire tear gas, and there is overall suspense. there are also images of firing squads, and quick, bloodless shooting, and real and fake images of people hanging. otherwise, there is lots of language, with frequent uses of f**k, s***, a** and others. there is an image of a nude woman bathing in milk and we see her bare butt. some skimpy costumes are shown. people also smoke and drink heavily in many scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 15, 2012

The Best Movie of the Year so Far.

This is an amazing movie its intense and kind of disturbing. The language is pretty strong and there is a ton of smoking. But the main character is a great role model.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan May 26, 2015

Argo movie review

"Argo" is the movie that showed Ben Affleck is actually talented. This movie is a very well-directed, beautiful cinematic achievement. Ben Affleck made one of the best political thrillers ever in my opinion. "Argo" was so interesting and suspenseful. It's riveting to see the 6 hostages trying to escape Iran with the help of Ben Affleck's character. What amazes me is that the events of this movie actually happened. The tone of this picture for the most part was absolutely right. The performances were great especially Alan Arkin. My only complaint with "Argo" is that there is one tone inconsitency. Nevertheless, this is a brilliant and praise-worth picture. "Argo" won Best Picture at the 2012 Oscars(R) and it was well-deserved. While on the topic of Oscars(R), Ben Affleck should ABSOLUTELY have been nominated for Best Director. The Academy messed up big time not nominating him. In conclusion Ben Affleck's direction, Alan Arkin's performance, the screenplay make this movie one that should not be missed. I was surprised I loved it so much because political movies can be boring. "Argo" was one of my favorite movies of 2012 and I highly recommend it to history buffs and young filmmakers for I think they should study this film to be more knowledgable.
Adult Written byAwesomeness142 February 25, 2015

Pretty good

It is a good movie to tell about what happened but not the best movie
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2014

Ok movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexThaReviewer July 9, 2014

100% OVERRATED FILM OF ALL TIME

This movie was so dissapointing, and it's not the direction, acting or writing. It's the editing that is so choppy and appalling. It tries SO desperately to grasp at straws of humor, but none of the "jokes" were hitting for me. It's direction is OK at best, but there are very few moving shots, almost all of them are still, boring and lazy zoom ins. The acting was good, arguably the best thing in the movie, but compared to its competition such as the new Tarantino masterpiece "DJANGO: Unchained" or the beautiful David O. Russel film "Silver Linings Playbook", one of the funniest and entertaining love stories of the 21st century, this BS wins best picture at the oscars AND GOLDEN GLOBES. That is 100% unnacceptable. If you want a moving story, watch "Life of Pi", "Forrest Gump" or even "The Shawshank Redemption"! I feel a generous 2/5 on this movie because Bryan Cranston gave a good performance. Argo f**k yourself academy!!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 10, 2014

so good

look little kids (9 to 12) won't understand so don't bring them if you have a 13 year old who is interested bring them but there are some violent images (pg13 level ) but just so you no swearing goes everywhere from damn to f!$k but you have to know you're kid
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2014

Great film but lots of language

Argo is a great film with some menace but there is a lot of bad language but it's nothing worse than you would hear at school. I would say that Argo is ok for anyone who is 12 and over just because of the language but some families have different views on language so I'll leave it here.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJavier Noyola February 21, 2014

great movie

I loved this movie. The ending scene of it was in the town of where I lived and, the house they used was my friends old house.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjacon101 February 14, 2014