All member reviews for Argo

Taut political thriller based on real-life escape from Iran.

Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

argo

Being a historical movie, this somewhat lessens the violence that you see in the movie
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Good, except for the lack of Character Development

“Although Argo suffers from lack of character development and uses poetic license too often; it still shows us the wonders of a good script, solid editing, nice performances and a story that is suspenseful even if it’s predictable”. The language is rather frequent but in all honesty, that's the only bad element.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemcfa3000 May 27, 2013

GOOD

I'm not saying its unsuitable for kids under 7, but it just might be confusing and boring for them. Might make them worried about wars and the 70s too. Good film, creative storyline.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Great!

Real Story is quite confusing but I got it and some mature themes like language
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byvictizing April 22, 2013

Really good and should be pg-13

It's so good but like 10 uses of f--k, and two characters make a joke saying "Argo f--k yourself", there are some hung dead bodies, characters are shot, and people come door to door to find the hostages,but there is a message about not giving up.It's really more pg-13
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2013

Amazing Movie

The only thing that is really bad in this movie is the language. There is a reoccurring joke about the movie's title that includes the F-word plus several profanity-filled scenes. Almost every scene or so includes a character drinking or smoking, but I wouldn't worry about it. Violence isn't that bad, the worst of it is probably when some hostages are seen being tortured. If you can get past all the language and the minimal violence, I think this movie would be fine for any kid older than 12 or 13.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byMbenz1962 March 24, 2013

Excellent movie, but could have cleaned up the language to appeal to a wider audience.

Quite a lot of profanity (go f*** yourself) that was unnecessary. This movie would have been absolutely great with less foul language.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl March 4, 2013

Argo

There is really nothing to be concerned about in this movie. This movie is good for younger teens. It is really good. Great Movie and this movie is hardly rated R. 25 F-words. thats it. I don't even think there is a kiss in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywilsonbiggs February 28, 2013

Best for teens who know anything about politics

It has a good number of curse words, but the story is really great.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great February 24, 2013

Argo ok for kids!

A GREAT MOVIE! I personally let my 9 and 11 year old see this. I think there mature. My 11 year old enjoyed but my 9 yeaar old got bored. There is swearing though.
Parent of a 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byHighTechDad February 23, 2013

Definitely worth seeing

Argo is an entertaining, inspirational story with a real-life political backdrop. While it has an R rating, many PG-13 movies seem to have as much questionable material for children as this movie does.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 January 12, 2013

Entertaining and well written Affleck thriller definitely deserves Oscar noms!!!

Parent Written bythenoah December 17, 2012

One of the best films ever made

This is one of the greatest movies ever made. There is a lot of language, but that is it. This movie is okay for kids eleven and up. Its very intense, and has you at the very edge of your seat. Tony Mendez is definitely a role model. This movie will go down in the books as a classic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaden147 November 24, 2012

10/10 great movie and ok for teens

I know I'm just a 13 year old but please hear me out. I saw this movie on my 13th birthday and LOVED IT. Its a 10/10 movie. I was very surprised to find VERY little violence in this movie. There was no sex at all but there was language. Id say about 35-45 f words. Over all i guess just kniw your clild, if he has heard the f word and is ok with it they they can see this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 28, 2012

epic thriller is very taught, very intense.

this expertly made, extremely taught thriller is one of the best films of the year. it's a smart, well acted, well made piece of filmmaking that will probably be up for an Oscar or 2. this tense political movie does not have many things that will turn off kids. the beginning is very realistic and even has real footage of people starving and dying. there is even an image of a person hanging upsidedown with bloody holes in his body. other violent scenes include the take over of the embassy shown in real footage and in reenacted. people brake things, soldiers fire tear gas, and there is overall suspense. there are also images of firing squads, and quick, bloodless shooting, and real and fake images of people hanging. otherwise, there is lots of language, with frequent uses of f**k, s***, a** and others. there is an image of a nude woman bathing in milk and we see her bare butt. some skimpy costumes are shown. people also smoke and drink heavily in many scenes.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 15, 2012

The Best Movie of the Year so Far.

This is an amazing movie its intense and kind of disturbing. The language is pretty strong and there is a ton of smoking. But the main character is a great role model.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan May 26, 2015

Argo movie review

"Argo" is the movie that showed Ben Affleck is actually talented. This movie is a very well-directed, beautiful cinematic achievement. Ben Affleck made one of the best political thrillers ever in my opinion. "Argo" was so interesting and suspenseful. It's riveting to see the 6 hostages trying to escape Iran with the help of Ben Affleck's character. What amazes me is that the events of this movie actually happened. The tone of this picture for the most part was absolutely right. The performances were great especially Alan Arkin. My only complaint with "Argo" is that there is one tone inconsitency. Nevertheless, this is a brilliant and praise-worth picture. "Argo" won Best Picture at the 2012 Oscars(R) and it was well-deserved. While on the topic of Oscars(R), Ben Affleck should ABSOLUTELY have been nominated for Best Director. The Academy messed up big time not nominating him. In conclusion Ben Affleck's direction, Alan Arkin's performance, the screenplay make this movie one that should not be missed. I was surprised I loved it so much because political movies can be boring. "Argo" was one of my favorite movies of 2012 and I highly recommend it to history buffs and young filmmakers for I think they should study this film to be more knowledgable.
Adult Written byAwesomeness142 February 25, 2015

Pretty good

It is a good movie to tell about what happened but not the best movie
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2014

Ok movie

Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexThaReviewer July 9, 2014

100% OVERRATED FILM OF ALL TIME

This movie was so dissapointing, and it's not the direction, acting or writing. It's the editing that is so choppy and appalling. It tries SO desperately to grasp at straws of humor, but none of the "jokes" were hitting for me. It's direction is OK at best, but there are very few moving shots, almost all of them are still, boring and lazy zoom ins. The acting was good, arguably the best thing in the movie, but compared to its competition such as the new Tarantino masterpiece "DJANGO: Unchained" or the beautiful David O. Russel film "Silver Linings Playbook", one of the funniest and entertaining love stories of the 21st century, this BS wins best picture at the oscars AND GOLDEN GLOBES. That is 100% unnacceptable. If you want a moving story, watch "Life of Pi", "Forrest Gump" or even "The Shawshank Redemption"! I feel a generous 2/5 on this movie because Bryan Cranston gave a good performance. Argo f**k yourself academy!!