Taut political thriller based on real-life escape from Iran.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySome guy. July 28, 2013

Great movie, okay for some kids.

If your kid knows to not repeat any bad words, and can handle intense scenes, your kid can totally watch this movie. Sure, they curse a lot, but like I said, if your kids knows to not repeat anything they hear, it should be no problem. Pretty much the only reason I can think of why they rated this movie R is because most kids would have a tough time sitting through it, and because most kids would think it's boring. Had it been more fast paced, I think it would have earned a solid PG-13. I watched this movie when I was 13 and loved it-it won Best Picture on the Oscars for a reason.
Kid, 9 years old July 22, 2013

argo

Being a historical movie, this somewhat lessens the violence that you see in the movie
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Good, except for the lack of Character Development

“Although Argo suffers from lack of character development and uses poetic license too often; it still shows us the wonders of a good script, solid editing, nice performances and a story that is suspenseful even if it’s predictable”. The language is rather frequent but in all honesty, that's the only bad element.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Great!

Real Story is quite confusing but I got it and some mature themes like language
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byvictizing April 22, 2013

Really good and should be pg-13

It's so good but like 10 uses of f--k, and two characters make a joke saying "Argo f--k yourself", there are some hung dead bodies, characters are shot, and people come door to door to find the hostages,but there is a message about not giving up.It's really more pg-13
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2013

Amazing Movie

The only thing that is really bad in this movie is the language. There is a reoccurring joke about the movie's title that includes the F-word plus several profanity-filled scenes. Almost every scene or so includes a character drinking or smoking, but I wouldn't worry about it. Violence isn't that bad, the worst of it is probably when some hostages are seen being tortured. If you can get past all the language and the minimal violence, I think this movie would be fine for any kid older than 12 or 13.
Parent of a 1 year old Written byMbenz1962 March 24, 2013

Excellent movie, but could have cleaned up the language to appeal to a wider audience.

Quite a lot of profanity (go f*** yourself) that was unnecessary. This movie would have been absolutely great with less foul language.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Oscar-winning scary-themed thriller!

Although a great movie with light bad influence, I, age 12, found the brutality and determination of Iran (no racism intended) quite scary.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl March 4, 2013

Argo

There is really nothing to be concerned about in this movie. This movie is good for younger teens. It is really good. Great Movie and this movie is hardly rated R. 25 F-words. thats it. I don't even think there is a kiss in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywilsonbiggs February 28, 2013

Best for teens who know anything about politics

It has a good number of curse words, but the story is really great.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great February 24, 2013

Argo ok for kids!

A GREAT MOVIE! I personally let my 9 and 11 year old see this. I think there mature. My 11 year old enjoyed but my 9 yeaar old got bored. There is swearing though.
Parent of a 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byHighTechDad February 23, 2013

Definitely worth seeing

Argo is an entertaining, inspirational story with a real-life political backdrop. While it has an R rating, many PG-13 movies seem to have as much questionable material for children as this movie does.
Parent Written bythenoah December 17, 2012

One of the best films ever made

This is one of the greatest movies ever made. There is a lot of language, but that is it. This movie is okay for kids eleven and up. Its very intense, and has you at the very edge of your seat. Tony Mendez is definitely a role model. This movie will go down in the books as a classic.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaden147 November 24, 2012

10/10 great movie and ok for teens

I know I'm just a 13 year old but please hear me out. I saw this movie on my 13th birthday and LOVED IT. Its a 10/10 movie. I was very surprised to find VERY little violence in this movie. There was no sex at all but there was language. Id say about 35-45 f words. Over all i guess just kniw your clild, if he has heard the f word and is ok with it they they can see this movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 October 28, 2012

epic thriller is very taught, very intense.

this expertly made, extremely taught thriller is one of the best films of the year. it's a smart, well acted, well made piece of filmmaking that will probably be up for an Oscar or 2. this tense political movie does not have many things that will turn off kids. the beginning is very realistic and even has real footage of people starving and dying. there is even an image of a person hanging upsidedown with bloody holes in his body. other violent scenes include the take over of the embassy shown in real footage and in reenacted. people brake things, soldiers fire tear gas, and there is overall suspense. there are also images of firing squads, and quick, bloodless shooting, and real and fake images of people hanging. otherwise, there is lots of language, with frequent uses of f**k, s***, a** and others. there is an image of a nude woman bathing in milk and we see her bare butt. some skimpy costumes are shown. people also smoke and drink heavily in many scenes.
Teen, 15 years old Written byUSNA19 October 21, 2012

Argo: This Movie Will Win Some Oscars!

This is an excellent movie for anyone whether they have an interest in the Iran Hostage Crisis or not. In history class, we`ve touched on this, but didn`t really talk about the 6 who escaped. This is a realistic movie that portrays how there were some serious tensions during that time between countries, and how we worked with Canada to get the 6 out of Iran. Fast paced, daring, and bold, this is something that is truly a must see. Ben Affleck really did an outstanding job on this one, and the supporting cast is amazing too. As far as what age should be allowed to see it, I`d say 15 for sure and up. Yes, it has a R rating, but there isn`t too much violence as one might think. There is absolutely no blood and gore, and really, from all that I remember, there are dead bodies shown, and some violent demonstrations (i.e., burning the American flag, protesters chanting and shouting, storming the buildings, etc.) but no brutal killings and whatnot. The only reason it`s rated R as far as I could tell is because of the intense language used. In all honesty, I`ve heard worse at the high school, but there really is a lot of language in this movie, especially the f-word....the whole tag line of the film is "Argo, f-yourself", so it`s said repeatedly, among other words. There`s also heavy smoking, and some drinking. Affleck is depicted at one point in time smoking cigarette after cigarette and drinking a bottle of scotch or vodka, or something alcoholic. There`s also a few tense scenes that aren`t violent, but there`s a lot of yelling and frenzy and stuff that sub 13 year olds probably shouldn`t see. That said, there IS positive role models/messages. The U.S. government and Canada works together to get out the 6, the ambassador of Canada is risking his life and his wife`s life to harbor 6 Americans who are wanted, and Affleck`s character, CIA agent Tony Mendez never gives up on getting the 6 out, even after major setbacks and obstacles. All in all, I`d say POSSIBLY a very mature 14 year old could see it, but in all honesty, 15 and up is safe for this one. It`s a terrific movie that really helps our generation who wasn`t around then see what happened, and for all ages, it shows what it felt like to be a hostage, not knowing if your next move would kill you, or whether or not you`d be able to see the light of day again. Fast paced, breathtaking, and exciting, it makes you feel as if you`re working right alongside of Mendez (Affleck) and at the end, it`s truly amazing, as a speech from President Carter is heard, and they compare photos from the real like 6 to the actors that played them. 5 starts hands down, see it; it`s no waste of money.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie loving teen October 15, 2012

The Best Movie of the Year so Far.

This is an amazing movie its intense and kind of disturbing. The language is pretty strong and there is a ton of smoking. But the main character is a great role model.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJoker912 September 18, 2016

One of the my Favorites

This is one of my top two favorites. Fantastic movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byshaydog101 August 2, 2016

Awesome movie!

Argo is a great movie based off a true story. It has some bloodless violence, constant swearing, and drinking. Other than that, Argo is a great and very tame R rated movie that is a great choice of teens 13+.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaHenster February 12, 2016

Extremely intense thriller is fine for young teens

Violence- PG-13 (Intense scenes, riots and hostages) Sex- PG-13 (Some crude sexual references) Language- R (Infrequent f-bombs) Drugs- PG (Not much, some cigarette smoking)