All member reviews for Argo

Taut political thriller based on real-life escape from Iran.

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 10, 2014

so good

look little kids (9 to 12) won't understand so don't bring them if you have a 13 year old who is interested bring them but there are some violent images (pg13 level ) but just so you no swearing goes everywhere from damn to f!$k but you have to know you're kid
Teen, 16 years old Written byJavier Noyola February 21, 2014

great movie

I loved this movie. The ending scene of it was in the town of where I lived and, the house they used was my friends old house.
Teen, 16 years old Written byjacon101 February 14, 2014
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014
Teen, 13 years old Written byNitro_Python November 17, 2013

Good Film

I thought this movie was good, but not very good. The movie's main problem is the language. If the language was removed (unless I have missed something, have not watched it in a while) then it could be a 12 rated movie (or PG-13)
Teen, 14 years old Written byShnep007 August 14, 2013

MY FAVORITE MOVIE!

This is the only movie that had enough suspense to make me actually jump in my seat. A VERY epic movie. Filled with high stakes and drama. Parents need to know that this could have been rated PG-13 if it weren't for the uses of "f--k." Positive messages include teamwork, trust, bravery and perserverance at hard times. Tony works hard for the good of other people; Violence is mostly PG-13 but it includes angry Iranian riots burning the American flag and waving guns in the air, people hanged on cranes, and suspense of whether they will get past this croud or that; No sexual content; Language is the biggest issue with lots of uses of "f--k", "s--t", "son of a b---h"; some consumerism includes a reference to the movie "Planet of the Apes" (1968), famous '70s Hollywood filmakers, The Golden Globe Awards, some car brands, and Alan Arkan's character calls Tony "007" because he's a spy; some social drinking and Tony drinks straight from the bottle when he's stressed.
Parent Written bykidhuger1234599 June 24, 2013

AMAZING BUT LANGUAGE

It is an amazing movie and nothing ten year old can'y handel but it does contain some language.
Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2013

Taut political thriller base on real life is really good

Taut political thriller based on real life is really good because a movie like this is really good and mostly to be onset whith you guys its really good a movie like this did not come out .
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 April 14, 2013

Argo truly amazing

Argo is downright amazing. The acting, the editing, the script, the shots, the whole thing is great. You'll be on the edge of your seat the whole time. I absolutely love this movie. I thoroughly agree with the decision that this one best picture. Argo a great picture.
Kid, 11 years old April 1, 2013

Great movie.

An Awsome movie! I am 11 and it is a great movie. New favorit, has minor minor violence and well TONS of language and some drinking and smoking but the language is all the time f*ck sh*t f*ck p*ck. other wise any mature 11 or 12 year old could watch it but probebaly best for 14. Anywho great movie (a must see). And reply to: kid 9 years old said: (not for kids) THIS IS THE RUDEST MOVIE I HAVE EVR SEEN, he/she is good at lieing, not anything close to what he/she said, it is not rude positive message's and positive role models. So Argo fart on yourself.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 1, 2013

Canadians are so nice.

This movie is close to flawless, it's extremely tense, slow moving, and well written and has scenes of unanticipated hilarity. The violence is at a PG-13 level. The swearing is stronger though. 15 uses of f--k, and about 11 uses of pr--k.
Parent Written bySinfoniarc March 23, 2013

A Fine Film For A Child Of The Right Age

One thing that I'm sure will be over-looked regarding this film is that some will view this film as being offensive towards the people of Iran. While I personally do not, be sure to be sensitive to the fact that the United States is portrayed as "the good guys" while we are at least partially responsible for creating the situation depicted in the film. If your children are not familiar with this incident in American history, you might do well to pre-educate before letting your teenagers watch this film. Especially in a post-9/11 society, it will be easy for children who don't fully understand the situation to take on anti-Middle Eastern attitudes that may or may not be fair. There is not any nudity to speak of but the movie portrays a very real sense of terror and suspense surrounding the situation. The film has a fair amount of bad language in it, but I suppose it's appropriate for the situations portrayed. This film is drastically different from anything else that Ben Affleck has ever been a part of and it blows the rest away by comparison. There's a reason why this movie won the Oscar for Best Picture and you'll see why when you rent it.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Oscar-winning scary-themed thriller!

Although a great movie with light bad influence, I, age 12, found the brutality and determination of Iran (no racism intended) quite scary.
Parent Written byLSU Mom March 2, 2013

Good for Older Teens

Excessive smoking and profuse bad language, both probably pretty closed aligned with reality of the 70s, particularly in political and Hollywood circles. There is an early reference to abortion, which I tied to the proximity of Roe v Wade to the time frame, probably also in context with the era. Other than that, a good history lesson for kids. The movie seemed seriously dedicated to sticking closely with factual information.
Parent Written byDan G. February 22, 2013

Still an R-rated movie due to uncountable F-bombs.

The language used in this movie is vulgar and profane. The number of times the f-bomb is dropped is uncountable. The story itself can be disturbing, although the values portrayed are largely good. There is a referance to abortion. If the language of this movie had been cleaned up some, it would have be appropriate for older teens.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written byKresstech February 17, 2013

Sophisticated film with little that is inappropriate

No idea why this has an R. PG-13 would be fine. The only reason I say 14 and up is that the situation is a little complicated, and I'm not sure that every child would understand it. The age rating is more about whether a person will find it interesting and comprehensible than much that is inappropriate. The language is very strong if that bothers people e.g F bomb everywhere. A few quick graphically violent images e.g. a still of someone being hung upside down and tortured, but not much more than you'd see in "Iron Man". Excellent film, particularly for a child who is starting to get some political sophistication. They do a particularly nice job of portraying both why the Iranians are so angry at America and why being with an angry mob is so frightening. An unusually balanced view of the Arab world for an American film. There are indeed unappealing Iranians in the film, but the attentive viewer should understand why they are so angry, and there are some unappealing Americans too.
Kid, 12 years old February 5, 2013

Let the truth be known

as long as your kid understands that the US did nothing and sat there buts on the ground begging canadians then they can watch it. Let the truth be known
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 February 3, 2013

Very Good

Argo is a very good movie, although it didn't completely live up to my expectations. There is really no violence in it - the only thing is the language. There are many f words, including a joke that is said throughout the film with the f word in it. I think this is a great choice even for kids 12 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 January 24, 2013

Argo

Argo is a well crafted drama thriller that has great direction by Ben Affleck. The movie has a consistent tone that alway's has a vibe of fresh smell we have had in years. The movie suprisingly has alot of laughs. SPOILER: the joke Bryan Cranston & Ben Affleck and the dad from The Change-Up make up "Argo ---- yourself" is hilarious. Overall, Argo is one of the most thoughtful and well crafted films in 2012.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMovie Kids Count January 5, 2013

Excellent movie, not many issues

This thriller that is based on a true story is tame for an R-rated movie. There are positive messages and role models, as the main character Tony Mendez risked his life to save a group of people. There is minor violence as they show the attacks, and burning of the U.S. flag. There is also smoking, but that is accurate for the time period. The real reason why it is rated R is for language due to about 10 uses of the F word which involves a joke around that word and Argo. Fine for kids 12+, but most 10 and 11 year olds can proabably handle it. It is an excellent master-class movie that has to be seen though. Iffy for kids 11+.