All member reviews for Argo

Taut political thriller based on real-life escape from Iran.

Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2013

Taut political thriller base on real life is really good

Taut political thriller based on real life is really good because a movie like this is really good and mostly to be onset whith you guys its really good a movie like this did not come out .
Kid, 12 years old March 30, 2013

Amazing Movie

The only thing that is really bad in this movie is the language. There is a reoccurring joke about the movie's title that includes the F-word plus several profanity-filled scenes. Almost every scene or so includes a character drinking or smoking, but I wouldn't worry about it. Violence isn't that bad, the worst of it is probably when some hostages are seen being tortured. If you can get past all the language and the minimal violence, I think this movie would be fine for any kid older than 12 or 13.
Kid, 12 years old March 22, 2013

Oscar-winning scary-themed thriller!

Although a great movie with light bad influence, I, age 12, found the brutality and determination of Iran (no racism intended) quite scary.
Parent of a 7 and 12 year old Written byStephen the great February 24, 2013

Argo ok for kids!

A GREAT MOVIE! I personally let my 9 and 11 year old see this. I think there mature. My 11 year old enjoyed but my 9 yeaar old got bored. There is swearing though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShnep007 August 14, 2013

MY FAVORITE MOVIE!

This is the only movie that had enough suspense to make me actually jump in my seat. A VERY epic movie. Filled with high stakes and drama. Parents need to know that this could have been rated PG-13 if it weren't for the uses of "f--k." Positive messages include teamwork, trust, bravery and perserverance at hard times. Tony works hard for the good of other people; Violence is mostly PG-13 but it includes angry Iranian riots burning the American flag and waving guns in the air, people hanged on cranes, and suspense of whether they will get past this croud or that; No sexual content; Language is the biggest issue with lots of uses of "f--k", "s--t", "son of a b---h"; some consumerism includes a reference to the movie "Planet of the Apes" (1968), famous '70s Hollywood filmakers, The Golden Globe Awards, some car brands, and Alan Arkan's character calls Tony "007" because he's a spy; some social drinking and Tony drinks straight from the bottle when he's stressed.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycinnagurl March 4, 2013

Argo

There is really nothing to be concerned about in this movie. This movie is good for younger teens. It is really good. Great Movie and this movie is hardly rated R. 25 F-words. thats it. I don't even think there is a kiss in this movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written byironkid21 January 12, 2013

Entertaining and well written Affleck thriller definitely deserves Oscar noms!!!

Teen, 17 years old Written byTheItalianSensation November 18, 2012

Argo

One of the best films I have seen this year. Just because it has an R-rating doesn't mean that you should stray away from seeing it. It is brilliant from start to finish. It is intense, it's humorous, and has a great cast and great script. This is a must see.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySome guy. July 28, 2013

Great movie, okay for some kids.

If your kid knows to not repeat any bad words, and can handle intense scenes, your kid can totally watch this movie. Sure, they curse a lot, but like I said, if your kids knows to not repeat anything they hear, it should be no problem. Pretty much the only reason I can think of why they rated this movie R is because most kids would have a tough time sitting through it, and because most kids would think it's boring. Had it been more fast paced, I think it would have earned a solid PG-13. I watched this movie when I was 13 and loved it-it won Best Picture on the Oscars for a reason.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 3, 2013

Good, except for the lack of Character Development

“Although Argo suffers from lack of character development and uses poetic license too often; it still shows us the wonders of a good script, solid editing, nice performances and a story that is suspenseful even if it’s predictable”. The language is rather frequent but in all honesty, that's the only bad element.
Kid, 10 years old May 4, 2013

Great!

Real Story is quite confusing but I got it and some mature themes like language
Parent of a 10, 12, 14, and 15 year old Written byHighTechDad February 23, 2013

Definitely worth seeing

Argo is an entertaining, inspirational story with a real-life political backdrop. While it has an R rating, many PG-13 movies seem to have as much questionable material for children as this movie does.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygoodreviews101 February 3, 2013

Very Good

Argo is a very good movie, although it didn't completely live up to my expectations. There is really no violence in it - the only thing is the language. There are many f words, including a joke that is said throughout the film with the f word in it. I think this is a great choice even for kids 12 and up.
Adult Written byAwesomeness142 February 25, 2015

Pretty good

It is a good movie to tell about what happened but not the best movie
Kid, 10 years old December 7, 2014

Ok movie

Adult Written bykipwalker44 October 22, 2014

Riveting political thriller has great messages about braveness

"Argo" is an excellent film that will keep you on the edge-your-seat from start to finish, despite some profanity. Regardless, this an ideal film to show to teens, and is not deserving of an R-rating.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexThaReviewer July 9, 2014

100% OVERRATED FILM OF ALL TIME

This movie was so dissapointing, and it's not the direction, acting or writing. It's the editing that is so choppy and appalling. It tries SO desperately to grasp at straws of humor, but none of the "jokes" were hitting for me. It's direction is OK at best, but there are very few moving shots, almost all of them are still, boring and lazy zoom ins. The acting was good, arguably the best thing in the movie, but compared to its competition such as the new Tarantino masterpiece "DJANGO: Unchained" or the beautiful David O. Russel film "Silver Linings Playbook", one of the funniest and entertaining love stories of the 21st century, this BS wins best picture at the oscars AND GOLDEN GLOBES. That is 100% unnacceptable. If you want a moving story, watch "Life of Pi", "Forrest Gump" or even "The Shawshank Redemption"! I feel a generous 2/5 on this movie because Bryan Cranston gave a good performance. Argo f**k yourself academy!!
Parent of a 4, 9, and 11 year old Written bydgaston March 19, 2014

Teen, 14 years old Written bymovie man 15 March 10, 2014

so good

look little kids (9 to 12) won't understand so don't bring them if you have a 13 year old who is interested bring them but there are some violent images (pg13 level ) but just so you no swearing goes everywhere from damn to f!$k but you have to know you're kid
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2014

Great film but lots of language

Argo is a great film with some menace but there is a lot of bad language but it's nothing worse than you would hear at school. I would say that Argo is ok for anyone who is 12 and over just because of the language but some families have different views on language so I'll leave it here.