All member reviews for As Good as It Gets

Funny, but not a light comedy for youngsters.

One of my faves

This is one of my favorite films, for many reasons. First off, it has tremendous acting (most notably by masterful Jack Nicholson) and a wonderful plot, that's a bit "Little Miss Sunshine"-esque. It has many redeeming qualities, although Nicholson's character is a grouchy old racist. It tells us to accept others although Nicholson's character shows strong homophobia toward Kinnear's character. It tells us that violence hurts more than just the body, although Kinnear's character is brutally beaten in a nearly glorified manner. And finally, it tells us that anyone can fall in love, even though the three leads have immense romantic troubles. So, please, see this film. You WILL NOT be sorry.
Adult Written byyuri13 October 14, 2014

CSM,are you serious?

CSM said that the most graphic thing it's sex,but there's no sex scenes,just some nudity BUT nothing is shown and it's not a nudity for sexual content. And they not mention the positive messages of the movie.

Terrific!

Wonderful film!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 July 31, 2013

A trio of wonderful performances!

Kinnear really blew me away in this film, as a sensitive gay man without all the cliches that come attatched to that, but Nicholson and Hunt were fantastic. Nicholson plays one of those people you don't love to hate...you just hate. But his charisma, and maybe just the fact that he's Jack saves him from you loathing him. The very capable Hunt held her own against the screen legend, reducing the hardened shell of Melvin to yolk in some scenes. Definitely worth a look, if just for the strong acting.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDanas1308 February 12, 2013

This movie is...

I think this movie is fine. A little beat boring, but still interesting. I learned and heard about OCD for my first time.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDz15 February 11, 2013

Grate Movie, verey touching

The movie was very interesting. It was the first time I heard about OCB and Jack Nicholson was very good and real he made me understand the difficulty of such life.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNovalita August 30, 2012

awkward dramedy

I describe this as an awkward dramedy. I really enjoyed this movie and it made me feel good. It's hard to describe why, but it still made me feel good about life for some reason.
Teen, 16 years old Written bygbsfan June 24, 2011

Stereotypical

Didn't like the way it portrayed people with mental disorders at all. Also, I didn't find the storyline very interesting. It had too much bad language in it for my likings.
Teen, 13 years old Written byuhya April 30, 2011

extremely great dramedy, but there's a beating with horrible results, some sexual content and nude posing, plus 3 f-words used by the same character (Helen Hunt). However, it's an amazing film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasam May 27, 2010

Watch out

I Think Its Great, Just Watch Our For Surprise F-Bombs (There Are only 3 f-bombs in the movie) (Ages 14+)
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 25, 2009

This movie was pretty funny. I was laughing alot actually but theres more to thisd then comedy as well. There is really only one scene thats violent but Its pretty violent, strong language for PG-13 and sexuality. Good movie but should of been R-rated.

BEST FILM EVER MADE

The most TOUCHING INSPIRING ROMANTIC film ever made a must see for teens and kids 12 and up Nickilson gives a show stopping preformance as Melvin Udall a grumpy rude author who has severe Obssieve complution dissorder but when his neighborSimon is in a life threatning situtaion and is in the hospital melvin has no choice but to watch simons dog. After that he becomes a caring kind person and learns what love is all about. rating green=OK yellow= so-so red= not OK Sex yellow volience yellow drugs green laungage RED over 5 f@*s