Kid reviews for Atonement

Stellar literary adaptation too mature for kids.

Teen, 13 years old Written bySosi L. April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written bygodfather April 9, 2008

Well-crafted and thought-provoking

This movie from Joe Wright, based on Ian McEwan's novel of the same name, is certainly one of the highlights of the 2007 movies. It may seem a little slow at first (I think it was drawn out a bit too much), but it's worth the price of admission. It is smartly done, with scenes being shown and rewound and shown with a different POV. The story is wonderfully crafted, and is an example of how someone does something terrible that betrays others, and puts off making things right to the point where she ends up betraying herself too. A side story is how this is just one example of the many couples who were tragically separated by the war. This movie was very well done and deserves its Oscar nominations.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Really Sad Movie.

I thought this movie was really sad but well done. The 13 year old Briony actress did a really good job in making her character have twists and turns. James McAvoy's character (Robbie)shows a lot of passion and patience in this film.
If you're an adult who likes dramas and sad romance I would recommend this film. For kids/teens I would only recommend this film if you are really mature or if you read the book. * I read the book.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008
Teen, 16 years old Written byIKE April 9, 2008

not so bad

it was an o.k move but it cound of ben
more something in i i dont know but it nedd,ed something more then what it had!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byKrozo April 9, 2008

The Most Overrated Movie I've Ever Seen

Atonement is probably the worst All of the characters in this movie, other than Robbie and Secilia, has terrible social behavior. A girl named Riley sends Robbie to jail after accusing him of sexually assaulting a girl because she was jealous. Robbie is then sent to war because he does not want to stay in jail. The character Secilia is good, but Keira Knightly's portrayal of her is just horrid. This movie is, in many occasions, told in flashbacks for no reason what so ever. For the first 20 minutes of the movie, the same exact scenes were show back to back to each other. For example, when Secilia breaks a vase and a shattered piece falls in the pond, that same exact scene is repeated right after the scene ends for no apparent reason. In the end, I did not care about what happens to any of these characters. Atonement is an absolute mess of a movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemovies1441 April 9, 2008

atonement

Yes i think this movie was a bit over rated but watch it a few times before you make judgement. It was a very well put together story but confusing at times but overall a beautiful film with a message

Good, but not great...

I've heard alot of people trash this movie, calling it "boring", "stupid", and "a waste of time", but then again, those people also liked "masterpieces" like No Country For Cop-Outs and There Will Be A "WTF" Ending. I mean, I didn't particulary enjoy the plot twist at the end of this movie, but at least there was an ending and not some crappy line uttered and then cut to black! Well, anyway, Atonement, as far as romances go, was pretty watchable. It kept you interested, the acting/casting was perfect, and the script was pretty decent. Watch this movie if you're really bored on a Friday night.
Teen, 13 years old Written byvrumayo90210 April 9, 2008