All member reviews for Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery

This shagadelic James Bond spoof isn't for kids.

Kid, 12 years old December 29, 2013

Austin Powers is the best!!!

I love this movie, but the child you show this movie to needs to not repeat what is in it. If your child likes to copy what they see in movies they should wait a few years to watch it. If you have a child who enjoys spy comedies and do not copy what the see in movies the should like this. The movie is not scary and you can enjoy a few laughs while watching it. I laughed so hard. Mike Myers is amazing in this movie and it is fun to watch. I would totally recommend this movie.
Adult Written bybaconbrother4 April 9, 2008

Kid, 11 years old August 2, 2011

Hilarious, but vulgar.

Ok first of all, I thought this movie was down right HILARIOUS. I watched it with my two cousins (13 and 11) and my little brother (9). My cousins and I laughed the whole way through, but I was SO embarrassed for my brother. He doesn't even know what sex is! There are a lot of sex and body jokes, plenty of talk, most of it VERY vulgar, and a couple sex scenes (no nudity). Very, very funny, but VERY inappropriate.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bydavstern May 15, 2012

First Austin Powers more sexual-mouthed than crude

I rate Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery iffy for ages 13-14 Parents need to know, that the first of three Austin Powers movies, aren't for older kids or tweens who aren't mature enough, even though it's a hilarious comedy to laugh over. There are near constant sexual references, Austin Powers is mad horny by girls he likes, even those who don't like him. Other crude humor. If mature enough, tweens can watch it at 12. SEX: 4/5- Near constant sexual references, made by various characters, especially Austin, who is a sex addict. Austin frequently tries to get girls to have sex w/ him, even those who don't like him back. Austin and sometimes Vanessa are fully naked in some scenes, but are strategically blocked. Certain robots called Fembots shoot bullets where the nipples are. Austin has sex w/ two woman. VIOLENCE: 0/5- Very comic and still mild. PROFANITY: 0/5- Surprsingly little amount of mild language. Movies related to Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me Austin Powers in Goldmember Wayne's World
Adult Written byFilmFanatic March 8, 2014

Very raunchy, lots on innuendo

Loads of raunchy jokes, innuendo and almost nudity. Austin Powers constantly makes sexual references and calls women "baby" all the time. His behavior is VERY impressionable on children and will most likely be repeated by the youngsters. Be away this may also include catchphrases such as "Do I make you horny?" and "Do you wanna shag?" or something along those lines. Explaining the meaning of these words/phrases can be uncomfortable for both you and your child. I wouldn't watch it WITH your kids because it can cause some serious awkward moments but at 13+ its probably ok for them to watch it with friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 April 29, 2012

MIKE MYERS! MIKE MYERS! MIKE MYERS!

austin is hilarious
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2010

Very, quite weird. =D

Ehh
Teen, 16 years old Written byspudsandbeans42 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written byComedyLover February 24, 2015

One of my favorites!

A great, hilarious movie appropriate for ages 10 and up. At this age, I think that kids are mature enough to understand the humor, and there's not too much sexual content. Overall, an amazing movie!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviewatcherII January 23, 2015

One of the funniest movies of all time

There is some comedic violence, with shooting mostly, and a few kills. The language is only @$$ and $h!+. A woman's name is Allota Fagina (this is a spoof of Pu$$¥ Galore from Goldfinger). There are also several sex scenes. When Austin is first thawed out, he was naked in the ice, with his hands covering his bits. He is shown from the back, with his naked rear end showing briefly. He is later seen naked in a hotel, with his genitals comically obscured. A woman then puts a magnifying glass to obscure it, and his nude privates are briefly seen. He then walks away, quickly showing his unclothed rump. A woman undressed, and her exposed seat is seen as she walks into a hot tub. When she is in, we see her uncovered chest. Another woman is seen naked, with Austin's head blocking her groin. Her bust is also comically obscured.
Kid, 11 years old September 2, 2014

Great spoof has constant innuendo.

Parents need to know that even though your kid might want to see this. Don't let your tween see it. This movie is off for age 10-12, an iffy choice for ages 13-14 and is ok for kids ages 15 and up.
Kid, 11 years old July 7, 2012

super sex

this movie was awesome it had a lot of sex , amazing action , and a lot of adult jokes. This movie is a must see movie. If you're 13 and up and love sex and nudity this will be an experience you will never forget. And if you think this review is crapy it was made by an 8 and an 11 year old
Teen, 16 years old Written byLaLa567 January 1, 2012

Meh

I hate Mike myers and Its very raunchy.
Kid, 11 years old January 1, 2012

This review is POWER full

There is lots of sexual references and Austin uses the word "shag" nearly all the time but this movie will make you laugh every minute.Violence is more like slapstick than 007 violence although a man is burned,a man ran over by a roller and on man has his head bitten off by a bad tempered creature I think it was a piranha of some sort.There is drinking and somking but not much, this was a great movie but not for kids under 10.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGameaddict March 16, 2011

HILARIOUS

Worst parts are proboly the guy being burned alive(that was this one right) or being eaten by the phirahna thats about it GOOD MOVIE
Adult Written byMacintyre April 9, 2008

hilarious

austin powers is a very funny movie.
Adult Written byaidans1 April 4, 2015

Hilarious kids won't get the inappropriateness

Kid, 12 years old January 10, 2015

Very Groovy

This movie is hilarious the first time you watch it. Even though Dr. Evil kills a lot of people, there's no actual gore, and a lot of the deaths are pretty pathetic. There's a lot of innuendo, but over all it's smashing.