All member reviews for Australia

Teen, 13 years old Written bymollyrookwood May 28, 2009

fabulous movie, but not for younger kids

I loved australia!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was one of the best movies i've seen in a long time. there is a sex scene, but you don't actually see anything too graphic. this movie had me crying and laughing and holding my breath... i loved it!
Kid, 11 years old December 6, 2008

I cried and laughed! Great movie!

I would see this movie again. Although it is directed more towards mature audiences, I liked it. Though there were some swear words, I would let an eleven-year-old watch this, though there are some innuendos and one mildly sexual scene. One scene was a little gory, where a person is trampled to death by cattle. You may get teary-eyed at some of the heartfelt scenes. I thought this film was great, just like the acting and actors.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysurefoot November 16, 2012

Australia's appropriateness and historical accuracy

Australia is a really good movie. However, people should be aware that there is a large amount of historical inaccuracy, such as the portrayal of the bombing of Darwin, and also a large amount of stereotyping. There is a sex scene, as well as some scenes that would be inappropriate for younger children in their high levels of violence. Non-Australians should view it with an open mind.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpielberg00 September 11, 2011

This was okay...

My rating: PG-13 for some violence, frequent drinking, and some language.
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2010

Very disappointing, especially after so many great Baz films

I couldn't stand this movie, Nicole Kidman can NOT do comedy and she is just terrible in this movie, the storyline is accurate and stuff, but the whole thing is really cheesy and it was just really .. UGH! Baz Luhrmann was being a tryhard, trying to make a really good trillion dollar epic about Australia, but it fell flat on its face, I think he should stick to things like Moulin Rouge and Romeo and Juliet and Strictly Ballroom, those were great, but this was really poor. Some racial themes, swearing (1 f word) and a brief sexual scene, bad role models and good role models, some war violence and other violence like a man gets trampled by a stampede of cattle and his face is like leaking with blood and black stuff and its all bruised and BLECH! gross do not see this movie see Strictly Ballroom, Romeo + Juliet and Moulin Rouge, great great movies, iffy for 10+
Kid, 11 years old November 17, 2009

Perfect for 12+

Great Movie. One use of f*** and one love scene but oda than that, nuthing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Joker October 12, 2009

Great film, not for under 10s

Look, I watched this film when I was 9. I was slightly disturbed, though it is a great film. Things to look out for are probably the woman drowning and when the man gets hit by the cattle
Kid, 11 years old September 28, 2009

13+

I was 11 years when I first saw this movie. It has a couple of scenes like at the beginning a man got speared and another man got run over by cattle that I found quite disturbing. There was also a sad bit where a kangaroo was shot but that was quite funny. Me and my friend were either cying, laughing or just generally enjoying this movie. Just one negative, I thought it made Australia look like a bad country. I only saw the first half and found it rather disturbing, but a great movie, otherwise!
Kid, 11 years old September 14, 2009

Under 12s may find this film very disturbing!

Teen, 13 years old Written byrachelbabe June 4, 2009

Truly spectacle

LOVE THIS MOVIE!!! To paraphrase my thoughts...one sex scene which is a bit steamy, you see legs and a male's chest that's all doesn't show all that much and is very short. There's kissing but that shouldn't bother teens. The language is a bit more than moderate the f word is used once. Violence really didn't bother me but it did bother my friend, people get speared but it is not bloody except at the beginning and it wasn't all that bad. The most graphic scene is when the man gets run over which did the first time I saw it bother me a bit.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxotitanicox May 4, 2009

Rent it now!

The best movie ever! I love this movie, it has everything: action, drama, romance, comedy. I just can't stress enough: if you have not seen this movie, RENT IT! Stick with it, it may be boring at the beggining, but it is very rewarding.
Kid, 12 years old April 10, 2009

DON'T see this movie!

The movie drags on and on and on. it gets boring and I didn't think the movie made any sense.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. February 18, 2009

It ended twice

This movie is great and creative but very long and it feels like it ends multiple times. You do see very briefly while the camera moves past an open door, a man and woman having sex
Teen, 14 years old Written byFloridahi12 January 4, 2009

I laughed!

I went to see this movie with my friend and her parents it was long but i found it enjoyable. There were some parts that went completely over our heads we laughed at some parts and there is some gore, bombing and a sexual scene. I would let a 12 year old see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymilly93 December 17, 2008

long, campy, but very enjoyable

Yes, it was too long. Yes, some of the lines were laughable. But I found that I could pay attention the whole time because it was so interesting, although I found some of the lines funny when they weren't supposed to be. Anyways, the cinematography was amazing and the movie overall was very emotional (I cried a lot). Nullah is absolutely adorable and I think it would be great if the kid who played him got an award. Despite its faults, the movie consistently stays interesting and, though I kept expecting it to end, when it actually did end I wanted to see it again.