All parent member reviews for Avatar

Adult Written bybgcola December 19, 2009
a very well-made movie. The violence, esp. the first violent scene, was too much for a 9 yr old girl in the audience, and had to leave. However, the other five boys (ages 11-13) thoroughly enjoyed it. I, as an adult, found the final scenes very violent, but in a strange way, all for the good of the cause. The positive message of "don't take what's not yours" gets through to the kids, I think. Loved the story, movie, cinematography, etc... A classic.
Adult Written byexgamerdotnet December 19, 2009
Fantastic film. I agree with CSM's review and issues for kids. The main standout is the profanity, but everything else - including sexuality - is toned down to the point of being barely noticeable. This is ironic given the scantily clad Na'vi are everywhere in Avatar.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byNana Sue December 19, 2009

Fine for older kids, but tweens and below should have parents with them to talk about it.

Violent scenes are too strong for tweens and below. graphics and the story line is excellent. But the character Grace smokes several times, making it seen as if she can't live without it. Sexual content is kept to reality of love, with no real sex acts committed.
Parent of a 5 and 6 year old Written bymegansfloyd December 18, 2009
This movie was great for mature audiences. However, at several points, there was partial frontal nudity. Also, there was a scene in which to Na'vi have relations. It is also discussed afterward. It is very intense. Please know what your children are capable of comprehending and know what you are comfortable exposing them to before you head to the theater.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTrojan December 18, 2009

A breakthrough

Adult Written byNVP December 18, 2009
Two eyes are not enough to watch this movie. James Cameron gone out of wildest dreams of movie making. I don't have words to describe my experience watching this movie. My chest was heavy even after 4 hours I came out of the theater, Overwhelming, experienced the unexpected. Unbelievable..., extreme creativity & imagination of movie making, gone above and beyond the standards of movie making if any existed today. James Cameron challenged the whole world if anyone can make a movie close to his standards......God bless you James and need more from you.....! --Kondal Kandregula
Adult Written byMovie Man December 18, 2009

The Best Movie of the Year and Quite Possibly the Best Epic of All Time!

I loved this movie; it had action; it had emotion; it had the best effects this year by far! The acting was awesome; the direction was fantastic; the scale was epic and flawless; the battles were intense and grand; and the humor was funny! This film had it all! PARENTS: Although bloodless, this is a very intense film to watch: there are many sad deaths and destruction of homes. There's salty language and revealing but natural cloth clothing. I highly recommend this film! In fact, please go see this film right now! It will be worth it! Why am I so happy? Because I just saw Avatar, the best film since District 9 or The Dark Knight; maybe even better! Thanks very much for reading! - Movie Man
Parent of a 2 year old Written byakiyt December 18, 2009
Loved the flick.Must watch for dreamers and those who love adventure.
Parent Written byPlague December 18, 2009

Awesome flick! Action packed with intense battle scenes, and otherworldly beasts. Dazzling effects make a simply breathtaking world. A must see for the whole family.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byshrikant December 18, 2009

jyuytutu7

tut67t67tu
Parent of a 2 year old Written byajviolet December 18, 2009
Saw it last night and fell in love with the detail and beauty of Pandora. I appreciated the fact that it was not predictable and cheezy. At about an hour and a half into it, I felt like it had been fifteen minutes, because I was just as intriqued by this new world as Jake was when he first arrived. This innovative new style of 3D CGI was seemless, and seems almost like it was filmed rather than generated. Amazing! The violence and romance was moderate. It was not overly bloody or overtly sexual. If your child watches most Prime time television and hears some swearing without it scarring or influencing them, they would be fine to watch this incredible movie!
Parent of a 13 year old Written byfuser December 18, 2009

perfect for anyone...all u reqiure is a pair of eyes!!!

tis film is really fantastic...you cant even imagine the characters shown in tis film...i love te film alot..rate it more than titanic....a very must c film...film of the century!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byDEEDEE1 December 18, 2009
Adult Written byOverlyProtective December 17, 2009

Not for Sensitive Children...

For kids that can handle action it's a great film. Most kids have heard the words used in this film, but there are some words used that one wouldn't use in a house of worship.
Parent of a 1, 5, 9, and 11 year old Written byBig Galah December 17, 2009

Perfect action flick for teens and adults

YOu owill be blown away by Cameron's latest epic. This movie is amazing in 3D as you are emmersed in another world. This is a great movie for kids aged 12+ especially tagging along with parents so you can both enjoy the action.
Adult Written bycaitlin414 December 15, 2009