All member reviews for Avatar

Kid, 12 years old June 24, 2010

good movie not for really little kids though.
Kid, 12 years old February 4, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegurl March 24, 2010

Kinda violent.

I thought Avatar was a good movie, it had a really good message. It was really violent though, that's the only part that I really didn't like about it. There are a lot of cussing in the movie, but it wasn't too bad... It's really a good movie, and if you are thinking about taking your family to see it, I would suggest it... It's a little intense for anyone under age 12, but it's got great animation, and is a must see!
Kid, 11 years old February 3, 2010

Great Movie

I liked this movie a lot when i saw it, but with younger kids, be careful. there is some scary images, and a LOT of swearing; basically every word but f**** . Also, there is a scene of "mating" which really just is kissing but can be interpreted differently by a young kid. its also really long, so if you get bored with long movies maybe not the one for you... but still it was a great movie with a positive message and good brave role models!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTHE MOVIE MAN January 14, 2010

Movie Man on Avatar

Avatar is a great movie. It has a lot of action that will make teens want to see it. The action is actually most of the movie. One part of the action is someone puts a sword through someone else's stomach. And this is a long movie. It is two hours and forty minutes which may be to long for young viewers. If you need to go to the bathroom go before it starts because you don't want to miss a second of this movie. There are a few problems though. There is language in it. Also a couple "mates" but they don't show anything. There is also some smoking. Also the women are half dressed. Besides those problems this movie is a movie you and your children don't want to miss but this movie is only appropriate for children 12 and up for the action and how the women are dressed.
Kid, 11 years old December 27, 2009

basicly fine for any mature child no matter of age.

I absouloutly love this film. I wasnt so big on termanator, but this movie deserves a grammy for best picture. I only hated the ultmate bad guy lived so long. he was very evil. i also like this movie because most of the charectars were very nice and good. but the bad guys were way to much. the sex was mild and brief, no blood, just action, and some moderately strong language. all in all an incredible movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byThe Nerdinator August 3, 2013

"We're not in Kansas anymore..."

This movie is amazing. The acting and CGI sucks you in. The script and plot are unforgettable. I don't see why people keep saying the story wasn't original. I found it very compelling. However... The one thing that really bugs me is that Jake and Neytiri have sex (it's not shown) while they first kiss... ??? A bit forced I'd have to say. Not needed either. Ew. Other than that, epic love story/actioner. It really doesn't have as much action as it looks. Positive messages- there are brilliant messages about racial and gender equality. Jake changes from a naive and oblivious young man to a wise and brave Navi. He doesn't let his dismembered legs stop him from fighting. Sex- the aliens obviously where skimpy clothing. Jake and Neytiri mate (it only starts with making out and straddling each other, you don't see the rest) and kiss. They talk about their mating the next day. Violence- both Navi and humans are killed brutally, whether shot or impaled. A giant tree is destroyed, killing many. Language- "son of a b^%$&", d$%#, sh%$, "what the h$#@", etc. Drugs- one character smokes. Consumerism- Avatar has lots of toys, games, etc. Avatar is an epic tale for both sci-fi and fantasy lovers! The ultimate popcorn pleaser!
Teen, 13 years old Written byNetflixAddict October 13, 2011

This over-lengthed, intense epic was disappointing.

However millions of people enjoyed this film, when i watched a copy I got from the library about a year after it went into theaters, I just found it a little overrated. I thought that it was too long to keep with, (I usually avoid films over 2 hours and 15 minutes becuase they get boring early.). It has some entertaining stuff, but I was bored for most of it. Also, aside from it being mediocre at times, the PG-13 rating was defiantly accurate, concerning that there are violent scenes which may be disturbing (reason why it's a pause), and some heavy romance that both are very iffy for children under 13, despite that it is popular with kids. (in Canada this movie got a 14A, which has the same restrictions as a our R rating, except it is 14 instead of 17 and the content is more PG-13.) When I say that this film is violent, I mean it, it's even implied that a character bled so much a medic had to syringe blood back into him. I didn't have much time to write this, but one more thing, however the smoking in this film is controversial to some, in the DVD's subtitle menu, there is a anti-smoking PSA. Sorry I found Avatar mediocre. I just couldn't enjoy it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMoviePringle October 28, 2010

One of the best mvies i've ever seen!

This movie was great the action was amazing the graphics really amazed me throughly! This movie is brilliant and i dont think you really need to be 13 to see it appropriatley. It is a wonderful movie and the characters are excellent!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviesarecoolxx June 19, 2010

Best Movie Of Well...Ever? (:

a must see for everyone! some intense scenes, but it should be ok for anyone 11 or maybe 10 and older- no ones going to want to miss out on something this epic (:
Kid, 12 years old April 21, 2010

A boring James Cameron film

Constant swearing including "b***h" and many others. Lots of violence and a very poor movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRaeRae28 January 26, 2010

I really love it, saw it twice. Might go again.
Kid, 11 years old January 10, 2010

Awesome!!!!!!!!!

This was the awesomest movie I've ever seen! There is intense violence, though, and some of it thoroughly freaked me out. In one scene, the military fires balls of fire and explosives at "Home Tree" where the Na'vi (Avatar people) live. It is explained that there are children, women, and whole families living in that tree when it is destroyed, which I thought was disturbing and sad. But I think everyone 11+ can handle it. It also had a really great story. You can't keep your eyes off the screen!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymysim20 December 26, 2009

Ok so this movie is perfect for kids who dont get bored easily i mean theyll try to watch it most of the time but just want more action. yet the older ones will aprreciate the story,scenery and action scences. the main thing is that i cant think of one non enternaining part of this film.
Kid, 10 years old July 24, 2015

Beautiful movie!!!!

I love this movie so much. Although it has a small amount of language and one bloody scene. And at the beginning it shows people fighting and drinking at a bar.
Kid, 8 years old July 17, 2015

Spectacular,fantastic sci-fi movie is extremely violent and intense.

My rating:R for strong violence,language,and some partial nudity.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySpencer15 June 25, 2015

THIS MOVIE IS SO STUPID AND DOES NOT DESERVE ANYTHING!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byProjektor June 2, 2015

This movie is visially trip, but content of the film is quite limited . Sci-fi idea is still good and the music playing brilliantly.

This is okay for 11-14 year old people. This movie have action/fantasy violence and some scary moments. This movie have some emotional and intense scenes.
Kid, 9 years old April 26, 2015

best movie ever

Avatar was a very good movie. It just had a few bad words. And the violence isn't bad except in one of the scenes a avatar stabbed a human with a knife.
Teen, 14 years old Written by2jayz April 4, 2015

One of the Best Movies

This is one of the BEST movies I've ever seen! It has a good plot, good acting, and great graphics. Everything you could hope for in a movie. The sex is nothing severe and the language occurs everyonce in a while. The violence is heavy and lots of destructive scenes.