All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Written byAnonymous December 23, 2012

Off 16 & Under iffy for 17 On for 18+

The Blue does not cover Nudity and this film is Not for Kids. This film should be for Adults Only and should be Rated R.
Adult Written bycritic sense November 5, 2012

Recommended Rating: 12+ for sci-fi/action violence, sexual references and mild language

This epic sci-fi/action film presents some battle scenes where people are shot and killed, are impaled by arrows and have explosions. However, the violence itself is quite mild and not bloody. Some scenes may be too intense for young children though, especially the big battle at the end of the movie. There are many long scenes where the aliens show casual, partial nudity. There is an implied sex scene but it's shown off-screen. There are some instances of mild language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byabbacus May 23, 2012

Amazing!

Teens and adults will love it! I recomend it to all!
Adult Written bytuhkii April 2, 2012

fantastic

It is a very wonder full movie .i loved this movie aloot and i want to watch it agan, and again..... i want to thankss the director ,produser and all those who were in tha movie to make this movie for us , we want avtar 2 very soon
Adult Written byD-Fresh June 16, 2011

Overtly left-wing, great visuals and special effects

This movie is very left-wing, eco-focused, and anti-American. If you can get past that, the visuals are incredible and special effects are also very well done. Can't belive you gave it 4 out of 5 stars though... let's try not to be so overtly PC
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byParentwholovesmovies September 20, 2010

Breath Taking film may be too long for young ones.

I took my kids to see this movie in 3D and they absolutely loved it! we were all on the edge of our seats and thought pandora looked amazing! at first we were confused because there was a show on nickelodeon called Avatar: The last air bender but it was just a coincidence with the name. My only concerns is the language and violence. there isn't really any sexual content at all except for a couple people kissing and the Na'vi are barely dressed. I think this movie would be ok for kids 8 and up, iffy for kids ages 6-7 and off for ages 5 and under
Teen, 15 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 August 26, 2010

HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the worst movie ever made! I don't know how people can sit there and watch a movie filled with killings of our troops. Its sick and wrong. Anyone who has respect for our troops, who put their lives on the line for this country, would hate this movie as much, or maybe even more, then I do. Horrible movie.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTW2 August 3, 2010

Important message for kids and adults at this difficult time

Loved it...the message surprised me and pleasantly. I think it points out important side effects of the actions of our current world powers and hopefully will give some food for thought and hopefully a new appreciation for cultures different from ours. Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a world where we cared about something other than ourselves?
Parent of a 15 year old Written bytrspa June 14, 2010

Watch to satisfy curiosity, not entertaining, plot very predictable, special effects fantastic

Type of profanity very inappropriate for all ages. Very disappointed, otherwise could have been a great movie. Underlying theme has deep political overtones fitting the "Green" agenda. Although, not surprised from Cameron and others.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byLANP2010 May 27, 2010

I thought the plot was excellent and deep. The effects were beautiful and amazing. I recommend this highly for mid-teens and up! However, it seemed to have graphic, not just implied violence. There were scary creatures/characters, main character smoking and lots of military images. Added in was the use of foul language and I will have to refrain from letting our younger boys see this one.
Parent Written byMitestarossa May 20, 2010

Good, but too long, negative against the military

This movie is good enough to see once and has great visual effects but I don't think I could sit through it twice. It was way too long. The language is not as bad as it could be. The sexual content is mild. The girl says "we mate for life", but I don't think my kids noticed that they did more than kissing. The violence is not good and it is unusual to see "military types" trying to take down people to exploit their natural resources. I thought that made the military look bad and it was not a message I want my children to see in a movie.
Adult Written bytennis player May 20, 2010

visual masterpiece

Avatar is a beautiful movie with very good special effects and great acting. However, behind amazing effects, the story has a really simple context. There is a feeling that you have already seen it somewhere. Cameron, the director of the movie, used the "war" story. Acting was very professional. Actors showed great emotions, even when they played aliens and not people. Overall, the movie is a visual masterpiece, and has the credits for watching it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysumiyahss May 12, 2010

i loved this movie lot of action and great messages
Kid, 11 years old May 9, 2010

awesome movie

At first I didn't really enjoy Avatar, Bu t after I saw how it was made I was like, WOW! I think it took like 2 years to make this movie.I recommend you see this movie if you haven't it already.(who hasn't)
Adult Written byDaisy97 May 8, 2010

Pretty Good

This movies pretty good but can be confusing at parts. the only major problem is language which is a little bad, but nothing a teenager can't handle.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2010

I love avatar! Although there is some violence and sex, it sends a good message that reminds me of the native american story.
Parent of a 5 and 17 year old Written byNoodle2602 April 30, 2010

Teen, 14 years old Written bythefearofmany April 30, 2010

this movie is boring as hell

this movie is horrible why the hell do people like it it was one of the mos boring movies i have ever watched the acting sucked and the story o my god was boring as hell and lost me i did not even understand what was hapening and yes the animaton did suck dimwits i am so tired of these reviews of fanboys a bunch of no lifes that love fantasy james cameron can't direct theres gotta be something that happend between this and the titanic dont you think? adn yeah the action was boring you know what kids real action is military movies for example saving private ryan and blackhawk down etc.....so if someone wants to exsplain to me what was so great about this movie plz go ahed i would love to hear it not really but plz
Kid, 10 years old April 18, 2010

Kid, 11 years old April 13, 2010

Nice for tweens not for young kids.

I loved this movie! You need to see this movie! Good movie for kids 12 and up. Very iffy for 10 and under. 11 is O.K., but 12 just to be on the safe side.There is quite a bit of violence and blood. These images might scare younger kids. In one scene two avatars have some "fun" together. If you know what I mean. If your not comfortable with your kids waching this scene you shouldnt let them see this movie. There is a little bit of smoking but not much. Great movie! You need to see this!