Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011

great movie, a little too much swearing

good message about standing up for what is right. also, sh-- is said many times, but other than that, it is a wonderfully made movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

A woundrous jorney for preteens and up

Extrodanary to see. I think people should be reminded though that this movie is not only an action movie but a romance between Jake Sully and Neytiri as well. But is it just me, or did it seem like they were cursing about 800 times in the beginning of the movie? Parents should be on the look out for violence and some mild sexual content. By this, I'm talking about a scene where Jake and Neytiri begin to"mate" under a tree. (Note: it's very short.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAirForceOne March 20, 2011

Great Movie, Okay for the Family

Pretty good movie, however there is a lot of violence. There are also several words that are said in the movie that aren't age appropriate. A character is also shown smoking in the movie. Theres nothing really too bad however about this movie, you could probably watch it with your whole family without being too worried.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011
I think it was a good movie for kids 11 and up but not for kids under 9. The language is ok, they do say some bad words but not much. They do have one part when they do have a little sex, so watch out for that. I would say the violence is ok, they do have two wars and are a little violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybigshow19 March 19, 2011

for tweens and teens

it is my favorite movie ever its awesome perfect for 10+ it has a lot of violence some mild sexual content also some swearing but overall i would give it PG-10 if there was such thing
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

11+

It was pretty interesting. I saw it a while ago though, and I don't remember any bad language. It's a very exciting film.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

Who loves Na'vi??

This movie went a tad over the top when it came to language, so you probably wouldn't want your child to hear it. However, I loved the elements of girl power in this movie! It made my day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 12, 2011

Boring movie

Great the first time seen, as fun as dry paint the next. The FX were awesome in 3d as well but WAY too long for home viewing. It's about as violent as a Harry Potter movie but its army style is probably what gave it a PG-13 rating. Younger viewers won't get very scared (my sister watches movies like Aliens and The Brother's Grimm and she doesn't get scared. She's a 5 year old!). But army style and some soldiers make me a bit unsure.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTbadman March 10, 2011

Perfect for those 13+

Avatar is a very visually exciting film that features excellent special effects and a great battle at the end of the film.It also does a great job at incorporating really cool environments and creatures into the story and action. Having said that,the plot and characters are mostly cliches and are rehashed from other better movies. The main characters are dull and only two supporting characters(Weavers and the crazy colonel)are the least bit interesting.On top of that there are some seriously blatant political themes that bog the movie down a bit.But if all you want are excellent visual effects and action,this is your movie
Kid, 8 years old March 7, 2011
Kid, 11 years old March 7, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!

I loved it. The plot was interesting but it was a bit violent and they used some bad words. Other than that it was fantastic.
Kid, 11 years old March 6, 2011

Epiclly Epic

It was a great movie! The plot was really interesting, the animation was amazing, and there were some good messages! It was kind of violent, but tweens can handle that.
Kid, 10 years old March 6, 2011
Teen, 13 years old Written byStayPositive March 5, 2011

Great for kids 12 and up

I personally loved this movie! The only problem I had with it was a violent scene where I had to cover my eyes. Overall, however, it didn't take away from the movie. The plot was also occasionally a bit too hard to follow.
Kid, 10 years old March 5, 2011
Eh...
Teen, 15 years old Written bybwayboy March 3, 2011

Like alot, the effects are amazing, the story is a tad cliché but still good, I would definately recommend it, because it is extremely interesting and action packed, there is violent scenes, language, and one "mating" scene. But it's still great, just not for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxXBabyDollXx March 2, 2011

ummm.. it's amazing, but not something i'de like to watch often.

i thought this movie had a really good meaning but they didn't express it good enough. but the affects were amazing and the storyline was decent!
Kid, 10 years old March 1, 2011
Not good but not bad
Kid, 10 years old February 24, 2011

...BO-RING

Hey it was the only reason you guys like it is because of the effects....
Adult Written byAndrew Haxley February 22, 2011

Avatar Not A Movie For Teens Or Kids Alike!!!

This Movie Is Awesome When I Went To Go See It I Saw That Jame's Cameron's Work Has Been Done! And It's A Cool Movie Especially For Kids And I Am Betting That This Movie Is Great To Watch And Positive Messages Are To Take Care Of Your Planet And Not Let Extinction Come To It! This Movie Has Some Violence But It's Not Over The Top But Some Scenes Are Intense And Scary Like The Part Where Pandora Is Under Attack By Human Soldiers Ready To Kill Animals And Creatures Alike And There Is Plenty Of Blood Splattiring As Animal's Die In A Violent Way There Is Also A Part Where Humans Kill Soldiers In A Brutal Violent Way And Plenty Of Them Callapsing And Dying And There Is A Scene In Which Jake Sully Fights A Guy In A Machine He Attacks Him And Inside The Machine Blood Can Be Seen Spurting Out And It Is Shown That The Man Dies Because He Was Attacked And Haunted By Strange People And Jake Sullly Is Alright! And Some Langauge is Not okey for Kids Such As S--- A--- H--- Oh my g--- And Other Obsenites! And This Movie Has Adult Themes For Both The Child And The Teen And If You Are Older And Don't Understand How The Soldiers Threaten Pandora Then Don't Watch This Movie! 18+