All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Teen, 15 years old Written byheavenlygirl February 15, 2010

the women avatars are barley dressed.even if there blue, there bust shows. this is not a movie for young boys.
Teen, 13 years old Written byelx0823 February 15, 2010

i loved it it was the best movie i ever saw i think every one should see this movie
Kid, 11 years old February 14, 2010

I personal liked it but it had ALOT of swearing
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written bywdhoke February 14, 2010

Good story, great graphics, mega violence

Parents just need to know that this movie has classic hollywood brutal slaughter war scenes.
Adult Written bydefaultuser February 14, 2010

Perfect for Everyone.

I took my 9 and 5 year old daughters to see this movie. They both adored it and agreed with the "message". My youngest actually asked "Why is that man being mean to the animals???" . She identified wit the Na'vi.Maybe because their ideas and way of life is so innocent? WHo knows. At any rate, I think this movie is outstanding for any age.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written bycamris February 13, 2010

I just LOVED this movie!! I left the theater in a complete state of awe!!! As a Christian, the language was a little rough, and completely unnecessary, but nothing we all don't hear every day in this world we live in. I went expecting to see "body parts", etc. through the costumes (as warned).....but found nothing distasteful or lude. As far as the story goes, it was PHENOMENAL and I can't wait to see it again!!!!
Adult Written bywjbyman February 13, 2010

Hollywood's signature is to use the Lord's name in vain

I can't recommend this as the director decided to use the Lord's name in vain, just as if they were using a swear word.
Kid, 12 years old February 13, 2010

good for tweens-teens and adults

It was a very good movie, maybe a little violent but it was just amazing, the action was cool, the movie was just sweet, the guy really helped the avatar, and the ending was good, it was sad at some parts but other then that and a few other things the movie was really good. Some of the clothes the avatar where wearing where sorta showy. Some of the parts had me jumping out of my seat. But like I said it was a good movie
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2010

Theis is a Great Movie
Parent of a 2 year old Written byHarper35 February 12, 2010

Great CGI, terrible movie

I thought this was a terrible movie. The story and characters are incredibly shallow. Both strong, human, female characters die. Most humans are not good guys. There are no lasting consequences to rash actions. The "happily ever after" was completely illogical. The script, acting, and directing were terrible. As far as I could tell, the only strong message of the movie was that humans are fundamentally bad. If you want movies about the value of indigenous cultures watch The Gods Must Be Crazy or Medicine Man.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIooba kitty February 10, 2010

A must see w/ friends or family

This is a classic. period. One iffy strong kissing scene, and a bit of violence. Lots of spearing and shooting. this movie makes you think. this movie might make you think it makes us look bad (Americans, whites, humans) but it has a good message. I saw it with my parents and my 10 yr old brother.
Kid, 10 years old February 10, 2010

Very good oscar and golden globe winner.

Very good there was swearing one scene of kissing and very scary when humans destroy the avatars religious tree. Editors choice very smart and beautiful story.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRomeo248 February 9, 2010

BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!

the movie was great. i loved the animation , effects , and graphics. it was the BEST MOVIE EVER MADE EVER!!! it had little sexual content but nothing 13 year-olds would see as bad. they cuss alot but it gives a better understanding to the fellings/emotions , and attitude of characters themselves and amongst each other.
Kid, 10 years old February 8, 2010

PERFECT FOR 10+.

I LOVED IT. SO MUCH! ITS PEFECT FOR 10 YEAR OLDERS... the violence is a little scary. The language is a little iffy, but the movie's perfect......
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2010

Sad but epic!

I liked it! It was a bit sad though, but it shows that if you don't respect nature, things could happen!
Teen, 13 years old Written by9001 February 6, 2010

Wonderful movie, iffy for ages 13-14.

This is the best movie I've ever seen. It has good messages and role models. My concerns would be how intense the scenes get at some points, the language, the sensual but brief mating scene, the barely dressed Na'vis, and the brief smoking and drinking. I would say this movie is iffy for ages 13-14.
Teen, 13 years old Written byNapkap February 6, 2010

Alright, but Nothing Special

There's nothing terribly interesting about the movie. The story rips off numerous other films, and the directing is rather boring. The action scenes are nothing special. While it may please viewers who just want a good looking movie filled with nice special effects, it will probably bore everyone else.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byRenediance98 February 6, 2010

Great movie but think it's better suited for age 15 and up. I really hated the language and think it would have been just as good a movie without it. Especially the g-d word. It is said a lot. Also the mating scene may be a little much for kids who haven't ever been exposed to anything other then a kiss and hug onscreen. It is pretty obvious what they are doing. The Violence may also be a little scary and emotional since you see a lot of destruction and death. It does have a great message of Hope, and Redemption and shows how the choices you make can affect your life and the life of others. Beautiful scenes and landscapes and very well thought out story.
Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2010

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!

Avatar is my favourite movie, it has some swearing and a minor sex scene but apart from that, its great for everyone 11 years or older.
Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2010

Perfect movie!!

This movie is amazing!! i totaly love it!!best movie ever!! the world is beautiful!! I cant believe its this popular and its best on the charts!! Cause its the best movie in the WORLD they said!!!