Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Kid, 11 years old February 6, 2010

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!

Avatar is my favourite movie, it has some swearing and a minor sex scene but apart from that, its great for everyone 11 years or older.
Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2010

Perfect movie!!

This movie is amazing!! i totaly love it!!best movie ever!! the world is beautiful!! I cant believe its this popular and its best on the charts!! Cause its the best movie in the WORLD they said!!!
Kid, 9 years old February 6, 2010

Amazing movie!

This movie is like transformers minus with no sex! yes there is some language but kids have at least heard all these words before!! This might be too long for young kids but it's worth it!
Kid, 10 years old February 6, 2010
Oh my goodness, this is the best film ever! i cried at the hometree bombing - i cried for so long! fantastic!
Kid, 11 years old February 4, 2010

awsome in 3-D

it was really cool espeially in 3-D.but its kinda violent and theres some smoking. they say sh** a lot. its ok for 12+ but not good for 8 and under.
Parent Written byCoolHomeschoolMama February 4, 2010

A must see for tweens & older...

I thought this was definately the best movie I have ever seen!! The storyline was interesting, the graphics were beautiful, and the emotional range was intense. With that in mind, I think younger children would enjoy the movie (altho the fight scene could be upsetting), my concern is more that the story would probably be too complicated for younger kids to follow...and parts of the story (ie: when the humans try to destroy Pandora) could be extremely upsetting for younger kids (as it was upsetting to adults). This is one of those movies that I think it depends on each individual child and how well they can handle emotional scenes, etc.
Adult Written byDanse Sport February 3, 2010
Kid, 10 years old February 3, 2010

at least 9 and up

amazing movie really not that bad stuff
Parent of a 8, 9, and 12 year old Written byimpala February 3, 2010
I think Avatar is very good in over all but it seems to to long and you get bored waiting for the climax.
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMannamedbob February 2, 2010

Amazing special effects!

I'm not going to comment slot, I'm just going to rate it. Action and Adventure: 9.5 Violence: 8 Sex-related Themes: 3 Language: 7 (No F-bombs but pretty much everything else) Drugs: 3 (smoking) If you have a rainy day, check this movie out. Not for kids under 9.
Adult Written bythe realist February 2, 2010

Typical schlock from Hollyweird

I saw the movie and enjoyed it as much as one can enjoy the typical (yawn) mantra from Hollywood that all corporations, whites, and people of wealth are evil, conscienceless, murdering scum and all natives are peaceful Rodney Kings who wonder why "can't we all just get along." The people who paid to see it more than once need to get a life.
Kid, 12 years old February 1, 2010

Amazing!

This movie contains amazing special effects and it is so awesome. One warning: it may be hard to sit through the whole feature--it's almost 3 hours.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byCanadianJen February 1, 2010
I took my 12 year old to this - and we discussed together beforehand some of the objections or buzz about it. Yes, consumerism (money over consideration for right/wrong) racism (the dirty savages are just in the way) and war thinking (phrases like "shock and awe" and "terror" are used) can and should be talked about these days. All that being understood, it was then a beautiful and fascinating adventure story, with neat flora and fauna in 3D - but I am glad my son is ready to read into and judge some of the messaging himself. I was not trying to tell him what to think, just making him aware that there are real-world discussions around religion, politics, history etc. brought up. One funny thing - Americans have felt it is exactly showing whites invading and slaughtering natives on this continent - but did you know China is worried about its message relating to THAT empire's relocation (and sometimes killing) of minorities from valuable lands, there? The story is a universal one.
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2010

Great movie, not for 9 and under...

I liked it,
Adult Written byEnder Wiggin January 31, 2010

Spectacular movie for older viewers IF language is EDITED out

Avatar had too many bad words for a family friendly movie. However, with the PG-13 rating, they did warn us that it wasn't going to be for the whole family. So I encourage you NOT to take your kids, or even young teens, there's a lot of violence and language that needs to be edited or handled by a more mature mind. Having said that, it's a spectacular movie for Adults when language is edited out.
Kid, 11 years old January 31, 2010

Great for 12+, not 9-

I personly think it is one of the best movies i have ever viewed because it teaches that technology can control our lives for the worse if we let it to, but it also can give great benefits.
Kid, 12 years old January 31, 2010

Avatar movie review

It was ok. Strong message. Shows that the military are the bad guys and kills everybody. A lot of swearing. Mostly s**t. Shows how you cant use force to get what you want.
Teen, 16 years old Written byfreeall11 January 30, 2010
the best movie ever
Adult Written bykatiekat37 January 30, 2010
Amazing!!!!! So good I could watch it like a million times and not be bored!! The trailers make it look stupid and fake but it is truly amazing how realistic it is..
Teen, 13 years old Written byPinhead January 29, 2010