Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2010
I loved it! Most amazing movie ever, though it was a bit violent. A friend of mine was giving a sort of informal poll and found that most boys liked the last 40 minutes (the violent part) and that most girls liked the first 2 hours (the non-violent part). Just an interesting observation. But, otherwise...best movie ever! I've seen it twice and would love to see it a third time, let alone have it! xD Best ever!
Parent of a 7 year old Written byRozieMozie January 26, 2010

Excelent movie, but the language makes it a no for my Munchkin

I was considering letting Munchkin watch Avatar because one of her friends has seen it twice. I have not felt peer pressure in so long and did not expect to find it as a parent from other parents. I had seen the movie myself and loved it, but I could not remember if there was any language. So I found this sight in my search to find the answer. Thank you very much for the wonderful information that this sight provides. Due to this information I have decided to let this one sit on the back burner until Munchkin is older.
Kid, 11 years old January 25, 2010
Great movie! My dad took me and my friend to see it one Saturday night and we LOVED IT! We both agreed it was one of the best movies we ever saw and it was really well done. I thought it was going to be long and too violent, but it was long and AWESOME! It wonderfully filled the 3-hours perfectly.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymoviemover January 25, 2010

Groundbreaking

Think of it this way: take the concept from Dances With Wolves and merge that with epic battle scenes reminiscent of Lord of the Rings and an incredibly artistic alien world that really breaks new ground with amazing creatures that inhabit said world. This movie provides great messages about environmental and spiritual themes. Violence is about the same level of the Lord of the Rings. More graphic scenes include a man shot in the face with an arrow (very quick and not gory). Absolutely incredible movie, you will not be bored once.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2010

bad movie

i hate this stupid movie. bad messages about anti-americian and the movie was so long
Parent of a 5, 5, and 8 year old Written byjamesrrocco January 25, 2010

Spectacle not to be missed for the effects, alone!

Dances With Wolves called... they want their plot back. This isn't an original movie. We've seen this plot (guy working for faction A falls in love with girl in faction B and becomes conflicted because he starts to see faction B's way of life) a gazillion times. Only the circumstances change. That being said, Avatar offers AMAZING visual effects that are worth the price of admission... specifically if you can see it in IMAX 3D. Unlike other 3D movies, the 3D tech isn't used to pop stuff off the screen and into your face. In Avatar, the 3D tech is used to immerse you in the vibrant, rich, living world of Pandora in such a way that you literally feel you're there. When the camera shifts out over a cliff and you're left floating in air high above the tree canopy, you'll feel, like the characters in the movie, like you're flying.
Teen, 15 years old Written bynewmoonwolves January 24, 2010

newmoonwolves :)

Ok well i didn't like the movie it had some neat looking places in the movie but, its not the violence or anything its the message behind it. I think that the message is Anti-American. There are killings of America soliders. And I along familes of American soliders know that this disrespectful for the country and all the brave men and women who risk there lives to keep us safe.
Kid, 10 years old January 24, 2010

Great Movie for mature tweens and teens

I thought this was a fantastic film. The wonderful visual effects made up for a slightly boring plot. The strong bonds between the characters seemed very real, especially with the amazing facial expressions on the Avatar characters. The treehugger aspect really got me hooked.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFunkboy565 January 24, 2010

Great but influential

First of all what the original review said about the sex in the movie is completely stupid. They kiss briefly and thats it. They wake up sleeping side by side but they are both full clothed (for Na'vi) The violence in the movie is a little intense but is not the main point in the movie. All the violence happens in about a 30 min. period. The people in the movie use language constantly. At this point in time cussing in movies does not influence me at all but I can see how this could affect younger kids. If this might protain to your children to take them to it.
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2010

BEST MOVIE OF THE DECADE.

Love it! I think 13+ is a bit strong. There is harsh language. If your kids know not to use the language [or if they're aloud to, either way] it's perfect. There is a lot of violence but it's not really that bad... although there are a few slightly disturbing things so if your taking an 8/9 year old make sure they're okay with it. 3 hours long and a bit tiring;; it got a little boring at points but then fired right back up.
Kid, 11 years old January 23, 2010

The movie of the year!

i LOVE this movie!!!!! My family thought it was going to be boring but its definitly the opposite.The characters are both good and bad. Which gives it some edge between each other throughout the movie (humans and the na'vis with a little twist that involves the humans). The special effects take pure talent to make in my opinion. The earth,planets,na'vis,plants and animals look pretty real to me. Some scenes may be suggestive for some younger kids because there's some violent (maybe scary) scenes.Theres lots of swearing,cussing,cursing whatever you call it throughout the movie. Such as sh*t, bullsh*t, holy sh*t, godd**n, and b*tch and some others that i cant remember at the moment. This doesn't really bother me but you'll probably notice that the na'vis butts are noticable and (this kinda bothers me) the female na'vis breasts are noticed on the side but they cover up the rest of it if you get what I'm tryin to say........ There's a little vudo in it but it's not the main focus. I DEFINETLY recommend seeing it. I saw in it the 2D version because I heard people get motion sickness in the 3D version and I have a pretty weak stomach so... yeah. It is one of the best movies I've seen even though I don't like all that alien, sci-fi, ufo , type of movies. GO SEE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (AND TAKE THE KIDS IF YOU WANT JUST AS LONG IF ITS AROUND 9 AND UP!!!!!!!!)
Kid, 12 years old January 23, 2010

best sci-fi movie ever for ages 12and up

i absolutely love this movie because it grabs you by the heart and forces you to cheer aginst your own race. however there is alot of people saying s_ _ t and pi_ _ed off and some of the girls arnt wearing enough clothing.
Kid, 10 years old January 23, 2010

war movie, alien style.

way too much swearing. They drop the word B--Ch every 5 seconds. There are some sad moments, like when neytiri's father dies, or when Grace dies.
Parent of a 17 year old Written byahcim3 January 22, 2010

CGI the only thing saving this film....16 and up

its hard to say whether to go see this movie or not to the graphics were (literally) "out of this world" .There were multiple times where i thought that i was on Earth and not on a COMPLETELY computer generated planet.But, on the flip-side: violence, total commitment to the weird NeoGothic Earth-worship religion of Hollywood' and heavy language really messed up what could have been a really good movie. In other words it was worth the 12 bucks i payed to go see it once.... but DEFINITELY not worth going twice
Teen, 13 years old Written byJim Henderson January 21, 2010

Really good movie.

Violent.
Kid, 10 years old January 20, 2010

What a fab film

Me my Uncle and his daughter went to see Avatar in 3D it was good but its a 12 A so a little scary for her so that let it down Aswell as that we went to the toilet a number of times and very rudely to my considderation the lady at the end off the row said to my 8 year old cousin stop it you dont need to go youve been about 4 times. Its none of her buisness how many times we go is it. It uses some laungue that isnt apropate but before you go in just tell your kids not to use the laugue again. We all think it would be a bit boring without the 3D so if you go I would advise you to do it in 3D. I think its very good but a little strange because you feel like your actally in the movie. Please go on see this movie so you have the true 3D experance. It costs £7.60 to get in for adults and children. YOU NEED TO SEE THIS MOVIE ONE OFF THR BEST MOVIES EVER
Adult Written byvibi January 18, 2010

Must Watch "Avatar"!!!

Hey, it s a must watch movie for ppl who can understand things better... esp ppl above 14 or so.. even the others can watch for the look and the cinematography etc... it s so colorful n so so amazing... James Cameron according to me has imagined to the max extreme.. i wud hv never imagined somethings that he has potrayed in the movie.. unimaginable... so amusing... it was a feast for our imaginations.. no effects looked unrealistic.. i felt as though a world like that existed somewhere... i even wonder if it is... must see.. pl don miss it... n watch it in 3D.. the effects are excellent.. a movie made so good once in a lifetime!!! Thanks to the makers of the movie...
Adult Written bysmorrs January 18, 2010

Would have loved to own it...

Amazing animation...I was blown away, but I unfortunately would never own this movie because of the language. The language was totally unnecessary and inappropriate. too bad
Teen, 13 years old Written byParamoreFan09 January 18, 2010

Bring anyone over 8! A must see!

This movie was SO GOOD! The effects were AMAZING and the story was beautiful! For violence... I HATE violence and blood and i CANT STAND watching it. Luckily, this movie is not one to randomly have something gross. When something is coming up, you'll be able to tell when to shut your eyes BEFORE you see anything. I was worried about the violence, but i was so glad it wasn't a problem. My favorite line was something like "He took his life away... for the paper in his pocket." I love that line because it is so beautiful and it really shows you... well... i don't know but it is so true! You took away God's gift for paper and OH! I just love that line... My 8 year old cousin saw this with me for the second time today and he loved it too. So don't worry! For sex... yes one kissing scene but the people aren't human... and really you dont see anything but embracing and kissing. Don't worry. Nothing gross. ;) I HIGHLY recommend this movie to anyone over 8 years old. You'll love it. It feels so real! There is smoking... but I think it's pretty easy to get over it. Not major in the story... and yes, s*** is used frequently and crap. that's all. Still I love this movie!!!!!! :)
Adult Written bystephengladstone3 January 18, 2010
This is a fine movie. Special if you see it in 3D. Not so great, but visually fun.