Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytweeni January 17, 2010

my favorite movie!

one of my absolute favorites! although there is a lot of violence, it is a great story of peace and war, romance, and science. the beginning takes a little bit getting into, but after that the action and storyline never falters. the best movie ever!
Kid, 12 years old January 17, 2010

Avatar Review

This was the best movie I have seen in 2009. I love the characters, love the action, love the animation, I love everything about this movie! I'd recomend for anyone who likes James Cameron.
Adult Written bywasteomoney January 17, 2010

If you call yourself an American....Don't support this film!

Way too lib for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! another one sided tree hugging liberal movie. I am ashamed to have given money to support the people who made this film.
Adult Written byfubar January 16, 2010
Too political. Give me a break! Another movie deplicting Americans and the american spirit as bad and wrong... We should all kill ourselves. Perfect movie to brainwash your children in believing anything man does is wrong unless it is hugging a bunny! The CGI was about XBox 360 quality.
Parent of a 10 and 11 year old Written bybabbet January 16, 2010

It was fine for 10+

I liked it and my children loved it, they were able to sit thru the whole thing and my children are wiggly. The only thing was the bad words that really were not necessary. The 3-D gave me a headache. There was alot of action\violence but not gross or bloody.
Adult Written bykimmieka January 16, 2010

Perfect for anyone older than 11.

This was the best movie I have ever seen! I'm going to see it again tomorrow I thought it was so great!
Kid, 12 years old January 16, 2010
Avatar: the BEST movie i have ever seen!!! my only issue was i got headaches in the 3d veiwing..... the rest was outstanding!!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 14, 2010

amazing

Outstanding
Adult Written byleanadvs January 14, 2010

perfect for teens of a age higher than 15

the perfect movie for teens of a sertin age maybe 15 and 16, becasue they know then not do say and do the things that are in the movie. the movies was great,at first i didnt want to see it becasue it didnt look like something i would want to see because the preveiws i saw were all only about 10 foot tall bule aliens and im not into alien movies. theres a lot of action and suspence that keeps you at the edge of your chair. its not to over the top with the sexual behavior its pg13 so its suitable for a 13 yer old but the language and drinking and smokeing isnt something i would want my 13 years old to watch 15 16 would be ok the story was easy to understand and it had a ending that you could kinda feel that it was going to happen because of the bond jakesully has with his new found family.
Parent Written bynnnddd January 13, 2010

12 and up for sure. But GREAT movie!!!

Parent of a 7 and 8 year old Written byChangsha January 12, 2010
We took our 8 and 9 year old and it was way too violent for them. Too scary. I also didn't like the language used.
Teen, 14 years old Written bychevelle17 January 10, 2010

AVATAR MOVIE!

AWESOME MOVIE!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byalibee279 January 10, 2010

Best Movie I've Ever Seen

After seeing it, I wanted to see it again and again and again. I would reccomend the movie to anyone ages 12 and up, but overall, it's now one of my favorite movies.
Kid, 9 years old January 9, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love Avatar. It's the best movie I've ever seen! I give it 10 stars. Avatar is the bomb!!!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byBetsZ January 9, 2010

I made the right decision for my 10 year old.

I agonized over whether or not my 10 year old should see this movie. Aside from some language that I wish they didn't use (although I didn't feel it was gratuitous) I felt completely comfortable with him seeing it. My son happens to be doing a unit on the Native Americans in school and I felt this gave him some insight to their treatment. We let him see Star Trek and I felt this was far more appropriate, if that gives you a guideline. Lastly, as you've heard, it's a long movie--some kids may have a hard time sitting through it.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydoglovermegan12 January 9, 2010

awesome movie

It was an amazing movie!!!! :) :) :) :)
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2010

A good movie, butn only good for teens.

I liked it, but it doesn't seem age appropriate until your in your teens. There's violence, sexual scenes, and some language. But overall it's a good movie.
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMisty Mom January 9, 2010

Great movie for ages 8+

This movie was great! I was not very keen on going to see Avatar but I am happy that I did. I took my 8 year to see the movie and he absolutely loved and sat through the entire movies without misbehaving. The movie captivated his attention to the end.
Adult Written by4Sunshine January 9, 2010
I think I'm mostly fair (down the middle) for most things. Coming out of the theater my thought was that the technical aspects wowed me(3D not so much)...objects were huge and the views that were aerial also wowed me. The plot was predictable; a mission, romance, save the world (theirs). It felt like good overcame evil which is nice. I have to say that I was seriously touched, in fact, I flinched when they started killing what appeared to be American soldiers. During the showing I reminded myself that these weren't Amer soldiers, they were mercenaries. As for political inuendos, most films of this nature have them. I suppose it gives you a great opportunity to talk to each other and banter your opinions or simply state them. What's all the hoopla? I was most definitely entertained!
Teen, 14 years old Written bye.autumn January 8, 2010

Great messages and role models? Abso-bloody-lutely!

This is my current favorite film: it has strong messages about sustainability (the world needs more of those) and good role models: Jake starts out as a kind of stupid ex-Marine, but excellent character development turns him into a considerate Na'vi who realizes what team he really should be playing for. All of the Na'vi are pretty cool, except that one dude (Zoe Saldana's character's brother) who is a bit prejudiced against Jake, but makes peace with him in the end. There is some swearing and violence, but just one implicit sex scene. If you're not too distracted by the pretty colors and fantastic animation (and I do mean FANTASTIC), this is a neat-o, thought-provoking film.