All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Parent of a 13 year old Written byLisette's Mom October 4, 2013

My daughter can see this when she's 14 or 15

Robo-warfare totally over the top and takes the film in a whole other direction. Cheapens it, if you ask me. Also, if plugging your tails together and then flying around isn't evocative of human intercourse, I dunno what is. Every 8 year old knows what body parts fit together.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPhunsukh W. September 28, 2013

Eh, I've Seen Better.

An interesting future movie, with dazzling and spectacular effects and 3-D motion. It feels as though with its 161 minutes, it seems the movie is trying to loathe short action scenes into a long run time. Know your child as there is language, violence, and flirting. Although it may be the top most grossing film ever, the plot isn't that great, and I have seen better.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPantherwolf September 23, 2013

Great Movie

It is a fantastic movie for a teenager intrested in Sci-Fi. I really liked it, but there is a lot of swearing but nothing too bad like the 'f' word. In the extended collerters edition, the main character is at a bar on earth and a man hits his wife/girl friend. There is violence, there is not much gore, but yeah... I think this movie is good for teens and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written byminnie95 September 8, 2013

a great movie :)

it's a great film really good i loved i don't care what people say james Cameron made a gd film he also made titanic i don't doubt him for a minute i'd recommend this film to everyone except little kids as they too little to understand and some unsuitable sciences
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2013

Keep Little Kids Away!

Avatar is really good but is not for little kids though! Great concept!
Kid, 12 years old August 14, 2013

10+

This is a mature 'adventure film. It contains constant language, f--k, s--t, b---h, d--n etc. Violence is strong and infrequent, no blood is shown. There is one part of the film where a lady is in partial nudity and another scene where there is sexual gestures.
Kid, 10 years old July 31, 2013

Sci-fi epic has dazzling visual effects and great story.

This big budget film has action, a solid script, and dazzling vfx. Violence: 3/5, Language: 3/5, and Sex: 3/5. Quality: 4/5. Seriously though just Wow! The special fx are just amazing. Everything about the movie is good or excellent, but it's just not my favorite film although it is a great one.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShnep007 July 17, 2013

ONE OF THE WORST MOVIES I'VE EVER SEEN

I could have easily made this movie in my head. It was pretty much just stuff happening. And it is the same excact story as "Pocahauntus" (not nesecarily a bad thing, it's just not original) only in sci-fi. The only reason anyone liked it is because they were fooled by the amazing visual effects, but they're definately not the best effects out there. The characters were all stupid and it was cheesy and it just had a lot of action like other movies. The only things I admire about the film making are the special effects and the language of the natives. At least they actually took time to write a realistic language but that is because James Cameron is a perfectionist. I do love "The Terminator (1984)" and "Titanic (1997)" but this is by far his worst movie. It has some positive messages about the mistreatment of natives and how they are smart and equal to everyone else; It has lots of explosions and collapsing large objects, as well as machine gun fire and some blood; sexual content includes full frontal nudity of female Na'vi; language includes "s--t", "G-d d--n", and "h-ll." For some reason it didn't let me write the actual words; and when a woman comes out of her avatar body she asks for a cigarette ina grumpy voice (a "G-d d--n cigarette, to be exact).
Teen, 14 years old Written by092898 July 11, 2013

Loved the movie, not too inappropriate

Beautiful movie in my opinion, I loved every bit of it. (Watch it in 3D or HD!) It's pretty long, though. Everyone I've talked to either loves the movie or doesn't like it at all. The movie doesn't have anything that bad in it. (If you let your kid watch The Avengers, let them watch this.) It does have long battle scenes, very little blood but lots of gunshots and explosions. S*** and d**n are used infrequently. One of the characters, Grace, has a cigarette in her hand quite often. (No drugs or alcohol, though). There's no sex in the movie, but there is a kissing scene. It does have a positive message about the environment, and that history always repeats itself.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2013

The best!

This movie is one of the greatest! I absolutely love it! The movie has lots of swears and smoking in it however. It is very violent with explosions, gunfire, fires, and a man is seen being shot with an arrow/stabbed. Overall, one of the best movies I have ever seen.
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2013

THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVERYONE MUST SEE THIS THIS IS A NEW CLASSIC FABULOS.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShawn Lewis June 28, 2013

Unusual, but good movie.

Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 22, 2013

overrated

Not that good. To much animation makes for a weird look when humans are on the screen.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviebuff6996 June 18, 2013

Dances with Wolves in Outer Space

“Although the visual effects and 3D are groundbreaking; the plot is clichéd, acting is so-so, the pace is dysfunctional, messages are bad and the movies character development wasn’t good and rather sad. But the main thing is that the story stole from Dances with Wolves, The Last Samurai, The Karate Kid and even Terminator. The movie ultimately wasn’t good and definitely not worth watching again”. -Language and spirituality is an issue.
Kid, 10 years old May 8, 2013

Avatar Is Only For Mature Elementary School Students

This film is emotional, thrilling, great, and somewhat violent. There was that time when Grace dies and is taken to the sacred tree. While on the helicopter, you could see the blood on her shirt. Jake was chased by the aliens on Pandora. Some of the Na'vi people and dragons die in the movie. There is a little bit in sex in the movie like when Jake and Neytiri kiss. This is the beginning of their love interest. Also, you can here s--t, b--ch, god d--n, h--l, and a-s. On average, kids up to 11 (mature kids 9+) cannot see this movie.
Kid, 10 years old May 5, 2013

Avatar, a great movie to watch with your parent

Avatar is thrilling and will have everyone sitting at the end of their seats but there is a lot of language. You will hear many uses of s--t, god d--n, son of a b--ch, and h--l. There is some strong violence which may make little kids confused.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 19, 2013

BAD MOVIE!!!!

Us humans slaughtering an alien race?!!!! Whoever made this movie should know that this is the last sci-fi movie he/she made where the human race slaughters an alien race. I don't like it!!! People who make movies like this shouldn't qualify to be a filmmaker!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byWild flower March 10, 2013

Great Movie....I loved it!

Avatar is an AWESOME movie and I really enjoyed it. It had quite a bit of language so I would not suggest it for teens younger than 15. This movie does not have any sex seens and is a really good thriller :) Teens will enjoy all the high-teck helicopters, Iron army guys, and space ships. This movie was awesome and I would really recommend it :)
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2013

great film

I watched this film and I think it was one of the best films i have ever seen. There is quite a bit of swearing and some violence so it is not for young children. It is a very enjoyable film that made me want to watch it again and again!
Teen, 13 years old Written byglitchmaster February 21, 2013

good enough

it's not a violend movie that's why i think it is for 9 year old kids and over the movie itzelf issn't this super good lots of people like it but after seeing 2 times you begin to find the movie boring but it's good to see for the first time.