All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Kid, 10 years old May 16, 2010

Great, for a mature 10

not that bad... if you are mature. if you can handle it, its pretty funny & really good. So I encourage parents to tell their children it was HIGHLY inappropriate, and not to tell their friends.
Teen, 13 years old Written byno ur a towel May 16, 2010

Teen, 17 years old Written byconfetti13 May 15, 2010

Amazing movie!

This is my absolute favorite movie of all time! I would definitely bring it home for the kids to watch...as long as you don't mind a bit of violence. There is not heavy gore (blood gushing and horrifying screams are not present). Some characters are shot or stabbed by arrows, some crushed by falling tree. But, overall, there is only one time when the less-mature should have their eyes closed.
Kid, 9 years old May 15, 2010

Great movie!

I really liked this, My 6 year old neighbor even saw it! Yes, there is language, but other than that, it's a really good and inspiring movie.
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2010

Good for kids older than 12

It is a really good movie, but I would not suggest it for kids under eleven years old. It is pretty violent, so you have to be able to know if you are okay with violence (ie: a man getting stuck with two spears). And language. LOTS OF LANGUAGE! Sadly.
Kid, 12 years old May 14, 2010

Not for young kids, good for tweens, great for teens

This movie is beautiful, I love it! However, there is some some moderate swearing in it, They don't swear every other second, but a quite a few times every 5-10 minutes. There is a lot of explosions and monsters in it, so maybe at the least, a mature 8 year old could be taken to see it.
Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2010

THE BEST MOVIE EVA!!!!!

i love this movie!!!!!!! best movie EVA!!!! but i still cant belive itbwon over TITANTIC!!!!
Adult Written by4Spice May 12, 2010

good movie GROSSED ABOUT 2/1 BILLION WORLD WIDE

GOOD MOVIE ONE OF THE BEST MOVIES OF DECADE MILD VIOLENCE MILD LANGUAGE DONT WORRY ABOUT SEX
Kid, 10 years old May 12, 2010

best movie this decade

awesome it looks the best and every thing about it is genuis
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2010

best ovie in th world but its a 3 hour and 35 miniut movie soo ur keeped at the edge of ur seat and u dont wanna go to the bathroom soo this movie is awesome but loooong
Teen, 14 years old Written bySm14 May 11, 2010

I don't read much of books but i did watch the movie it was Great My Favorite so far:) The thumbs up for avatar!
Teen, 14 years old Written bybdunn98 May 9, 2010

Great movie

This was a really good movie. It is very long and can get boring if you watch it to much but as lond as you don't watch it every day then it is really good.
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2010

bad

i hate this movie its to fake omg
Kid, 11 years old May 8, 2010

there are good role models and positive messages. It can get violent. they say like sh*t or hell. bad words. then there is a girl who smokes in it. so 11, 12 and up for iffy age. 13 up would be fine. But i loved the movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMiraKayla May 6, 2010

Didn't understand the plot at all

I saw it last Saturday at my grandmother's house since my uncle had bought it on DVD. My mom totally killed the beginning of the movie, and for the rest of it, I was too busy pondering why were we [humans] there in the first place? What was the point of the excursion? We can't breathe on the planet, so why were we there? The language was also a hugh problem for me. My mom lets me watch a lot of PG-13 movies and a couple of R-rated ones. But I'm positive that I've never heard so much profanity in one movie in my life. It nearly drove me nuts! Half the time I had to cover my ears since it seemed that they were cursing for no reason. I don't know about the whole "mating" scene between Jake and Neytri since usually when I know when there is something that I know I shouldn't see I turn away and cover my ears. The violence didn't bother me much, I don't remember seeing much blood; but the plot was so confusing and clichèd that I was bored in the beginning part. The whole stereotypical showing of the militia as "evil" seems a little unpatriotic for our nation. Overall, I didn't understand enough of it to know whether it was "good" or "bad", and I'm certainly not going to see the sequel.
Adult Written byjacobw82 May 3, 2010

Please read my full review. Many different messages within the movie.

A "blur the lines" message is present throughout the whole film. The concentration of how "evil" the "aliens" are is ever-present and echoes concerns of actual certain governments presently on this Earth. Within 25 minutes of the movie, you will hear God's name used in vain 2-3 times. By the end of the film, God's name is 'damned' approximately 8 times. As an Evangelist and as a Youth Minister, I find the contents of this movie inappropriate for - 1) Young people, 16 and below. 2) Christians I actually went to the other room for about 30 minutes during this movie due to the overwhelming amount of language. There is a rule inside my home where, if God's name is used in vain, we cut the movie off. If it were a movie that I was showing, it wouldn't have made it to the 30 minute mark. I can remember in the early 80's how movies like this would automatically be rated R for such extreme language. Now, it is PG-13? Definitely shows the Moral Compass of Today's Society. There is a sub-masked meaning to this movie that does bring a good message but the overtones and characters that tell the story with their dialog are definitely NOT role models. Jake Sully, who is presumably "Adam" -- takes of the "fruit," is involved in a "sensual scene," takes God's name in vain a couple of times, turns on "his people," and is "reborn" as "Spirit-people" who "worship nature" mirroring somewhat of a "wiccan" setting. The movie had potential and if some scenes would have been changed and the language cleaned up, this could've been a classic. Unfortunately its nothing more than a "pop-movie" that will lose it's touch in a couple of years.
Teen, 14 years old Written bya1sonew130 April 26, 2010

Kid, 11 years old April 26, 2010

This movie was pretty good but not the best. The problem was that the movie was so long that my head hurt in the theater. But James Cameron does a great job with his films. Because he works really hard in such films like Titanic. But this movie did feel like you were in Pandora. The animation was just AMAZING thou. I loved mostly everything in the movie. Except that it was very long.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTanked out April 25, 2010

lame movie, great graphics

My personal rating for this would be 1 star. The visual effects however, are so amazing that it needs more. I hated this movie honestly. It was very boring and I stopped watching it over half way through. I don't know if that disqualifies me to write a review on it but I have a feeling it didn't undergo a drastic change after I turned it off. It's probably best seen in 3D. Great effects though.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkully16 April 24, 2010

awesome

i loved this movie!!!!!!!!!!!! it was very good!!!!!!!