All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Kid, 10 years old February 5, 2012

Not for little kids, but for Middle Schoolers

This is a good movie. However, you may want to watch this with your family.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2012

Great movie!!!

Avatar is a very good movie for tweens, teens, and adults in my opinion. When I saw this movie, I absolutely loved it! Even though I'm just a kid, I have to say that this movie was very inspiring. It shows a great planet with magnificent scenery and landscapes...however, it can be depressing to some because of all that. As our planet is being destroyed, we see a beautiful planet on-screen. I can understand how that could be disturbing to some people...
Teen, 14 years old Written byOfficial Critic January 30, 2012

Avatar Review

It's thrilling, lovely, sad and explosive in all the right ways. Once again, Director James Cameron has delivered an extraordinary film. There is at least one man in Hollywood who knows how to spend $250 million wisely to create an excellent action-packed visual spectacle.
Adult Written bydadnmelover123 January 28, 2012

the best!!!!!!!!!!!

one kind of sex scene. lots!! of violence and lots of swearing its some brutal deaths and the navis are extremely scantley clad and one moderatley bloody scene as well as one refference to takilla. this movie is not appropriate for kids under twelve great movie and a must see!!!!!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byRobbyboyfye16 January 16, 2012

hxdh

cbhfh
Parent Written byDLucia January 16, 2012

Children viewing extreme violence

The artistic aspects of this movie are phenomenal. I was really impressed with this movie until the warring started. The violence is loud, direct, and goes on far too long. People die in fiery explosions and are thrown from flying machines. People are killed with arrows, bullets, guns, sticks and knives. To say nothing of the many animals killed violently in the melee. Those who are offended by language should reconsider the greater effects that viewing violence has on children of all ages. And to those who found the violence to be inoffensive because its effects are largely unseen, ask yourselves if it isn't worse for children to be exposed to the drama of violent conflict without seeing the results of the violence. If violence isn't shown for what it truly is, then it is okay because it's just entertainment? And what about the view of the piece of wood sticking out of Eytukan? That is so much worse than a child hearing someone saying "b---ch".
Kid, 11 years old January 16, 2012

Avatar is awesome

Avatar was overall a pretty good movie. There is quite a lot of violence like people killing each other with guns, machine guns, and bow and arrows. There is also heavy dutie explosions that may be to intence for younger viewers. There is only one scene featuring sensuality. There is quite a bit of language that is not always necessary. There is not very much drinking drugs or smoking except one of the lead characters smokes a couple of times. Otherwise I really enjoyed Avatar!
Kid, 3 years old January 15, 2012

Oh My God there is a lot of language. I mean whenever someone said a bad word. I just froze. And I am not begiining to trust Comen Sence Media. Because in the end war a girl said. Not the only one with a gun u Bi*ch
Teen, 13 years old Written byResidentEvilPotter January 7, 2012

Was Better than I Expected

Avatar was long, so if you aren't the type to sit and watch a movie for a while, don't bother. Most of the humans are horrible, uncaring about the native people and destroying their home for some sort of expensive rock. Jake Sully, the main character, is a good role model, though. Trudy Chacon, one of the pilots under the colonel, refuses to fire on the natives. The audience eventually warms up to Grace, too, once she realizes what the humans are doing. Like the title says, it was better than I expected.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2012

Better than I imagined!

This movie is incredibly dazziling but has a mate scene that can be desturbing for younger viewers like me.... but this movie is awesome!!! but to get the full effect see it 3d!
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2012

James Cameron At His Best

What a movie! It is one of my favourites! Nothing can compare to the visual effects of this incredible movie. It has an amazing plot that will keep you on the edge of your seat for almost 3 hours! The suspense is overwhelming and it is truly awesome. It is very violent and intense. The humans are ruthless. The Nav'i are graceful, yet violent. No one younger than 11 should really be watching this. It is also filled with bad language (none of which is serious swears such as f-word). Other than all that, it's an incredible movie!
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2011

Great movie!

Great movie, stunning visual effects and graphics, but very, very violent with moderate language. S**t, bull s**t and b*****s. Two characters are seen "mating" in the jungle. But overall, a fantastic movie for 13+!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDavidJ December 20, 2011

Short/Quick Review

All keep this review short. This is an exciting "fast paced" movie. The violence for the most part is gratuitous. Sexual content is to much for younger viewers. Language is pretty bad. Ok for 13+
Teen, 13 years old Written bycherrycoke347 December 17, 2011

Avatar from a teen's point of view

It's an ok movie. Special effects are great, and violence really isn't a problem. There's barely any blood, and it isn't scary. There's lots of language like s**t, son of a b****, and go* dam***. The Na'vi are barely dressed, but that didn't bother me much since they're supposed to be kind of like Indians. There is a sex scene, but it isn't exactly sex, it's just lots of touching, kissing, and some moaning. It might go over 8 and under heads, but they will probably have questions afterward. Other kids might know what they were doing when she says that they "Mated for life". The storyline is kind of weird. I didn't really get it. But other than that, it's pretty cool!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowofchaos41 December 13, 2011

not really for kids but teens or adults

I thought this was one of the best movie of all time. But I don't think that kids would like this very much. I would say at least 13 to go see it. But great story line and awesome violent scenes
Teen, 13 years old Written bymockingjay99 December 9, 2011

EPIC.

WATCH IT. NUFF SAID. Actually, no. I have so many things to say about this movie, but i'll keep it short. If you're really worried about language or violence, maybe you should watch it first. It's like 3 hours long but it went by so fast because i enjoyed it so much. AWESOME movie. I know a lot of people think the message is very cliche, but if you think about it, there are not nearly enough movies like this one. I swear, this movie turned me into a hippie. It's really inspiring and it points out many flaws that america has as well other countries around the world. made me want to move to jamaica and start a new life. IT'S WORTH WATCHING. TRUST ME. oh btw, the war scenes are epic.
Kid, 9 years old November 12, 2011

alrigt i gues

good movie litle bit of swering lik s word
Parent of a 7 year old Written bypaulgibbons November 10, 2011

Take your kids, talk before

This is Dances with Wolves in Sci Fi, perhaps one of the most creative 'effects' films ever made. Cameron crafted an entire eco-system (hundreds of species, with common genetic links). It will go down as one of the finest science fiction films of the decade (perhaps like Jurassic Park). There is some mild swearing, but even my 6 year old knows those never get used by children. The 'native' bodies are partially clad, but nothing is made of that - in fact the effect would be to normalize bodies rather than have them be objects of titillation - a very good thing. There are two early scenes with native animals that are immensely scary, and some military style violence that had an emotional effect on my son. On the other hand, violence comes out very badly (as does the military, as do corporations). While there is plenty of violence, violence is not revered (as perhaps in Rambo style movies or GI Joe or the like), but rather to be deplored. However the imagery is intense - and certain under 8 year olds might be disturbed.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJblick October 29, 2011

Overrated

Although it is outstanding on a technical point of view, this film fails to impress on storytelling, originality and character development. I feel like I have seen this before, it is just as if you were to mash up "Dances with Wolves", "Pochahontas" and "Aliens". This movie can't hold my attention for its runtime.
Kid, 10 years old October 29, 2011

top3 movie

honestly this movie is in my top 3 favorite and I think a mature 9 or 8 year old could totally see this movie there is not even alot of gore anyway