All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMadbax21 April 7, 2011

AMAZING

WAS IT JUST ME OR WAS THIS MOVIE AMAZZZING. LUV IT LUV IT LUV IT.
Kid, 9 years old April 7, 2011

avatar is awesome

Super good movie but with some violence and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypatton1942 April 6, 2011

good dads and sons

a awsome movie that i saw 4 times at the movie theater (3 times in 3D) it has some bad language but the plot is very good .
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Good for teens

THIS MOVIE WAS OKAY. But, the special effects were amazing. I watched this movie when i was ten.
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2011

do u like it ?

this is one of my favorite movies the war was the best part.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2011

Good, with some flaws

I love Avatar! There are only a few issues about it that I hate: 1. Bad words (they use sh*t, d---, @$$, d--k, cr*p, and I think something that wasn't but sounded like the F-bomb. 2. A lady named Grace smokes a cigarette in the beginning. 3. It's a little too violent. 4. I had to take a potty break but was forced to wait until the movie was over and I had to hold it in for 2 hours straight. Other than that, LOVE IT!!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 March 28, 2011

Excellent epic sci-fi/fantasy that will most definitely be remembered three-thousand years from now

My rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi/fantasy violence and action including epic humanoid peril, brief language, some sensuality and scenes of smoking and drug use.
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

I love Avatar!

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysillycomb March 23, 2011

You can go into those machines that make you into avatars starting at 6th grade

This movie has reason to be the #1 box office. It had a great and creative plot. The violence isn't that bad. Swearing occurs a little less than often. The way Jake and Neytiri mate would bug younger kids, but not tween
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011

great movie, a little too much swearing

good message about standing up for what is right. also, sh-- is said many times, but other than that, it is a wonderfully made movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

A woundrous jorney for preteens and up

Extrodanary to see. I think people should be reminded though that this movie is not only an action movie but a romance between Jake Sully and Neytiri as well. But is it just me, or did it seem like they were cursing about 800 times in the beginning of the movie? Parents should be on the look out for violence and some mild sexual content. By this, I'm talking about a scene where Jake and Neytiri begin to"mate" under a tree. (Note: it's very short.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAirForceOne March 20, 2011

Great Movie, Okay for the Family

Pretty good movie, however there is a lot of violence. There are also several words that are said in the movie that aren't age appropriate. A character is also shown smoking in the movie. Theres nothing really too bad however about this movie, you could probably watch it with your whole family without being too worried.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011

I think it was a good movie for kids 11 and up but not for kids under 9. The language is ok, they do say some bad words but not much. They do have one part when they do have a little sex, so watch out for that. I would say the violence is ok, they do have two wars and are a little violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybigshow19 March 19, 2011

for tweens and teens

it is my favorite movie ever its awesome perfect for 10+ it has a lot of violence some mild sexual content also some swearing but overall i would give it PG-10 if there was such thing
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

11+

It was pretty interesting. I saw it a while ago though, and I don't remember any bad language. It's a very exciting film.
Kid, 12 years old March 12, 2011

Who loves Na'vi??

This movie went a tad over the top when it came to language, so you probably wouldn't want your child to hear it. However, I loved the elements of girl power in this movie! It made my day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 March 12, 2011

Boring movie

Great the first time seen, as fun as dry paint the next. The FX were awesome in 3d as well but WAY too long for home viewing. It's about as violent as a Harry Potter movie but its army style is probably what gave it a PG-13 rating. Younger viewers won't get very scared (my sister watches movies like Aliens and The Brother's Grimm and she doesn't get scared. She's a 5 year old!). But army style and some soldiers make me a bit unsure.
Teen, 17 years old Written byTbadman March 10, 2011

Perfect for those 13+

Avatar is a very visually exciting film that features excellent special effects and a great battle at the end of the film.It also does a great job at incorporating really cool environments and creatures into the story and action. Having said that,the plot and characters are mostly cliches and are rehashed from other better movies. The main characters are dull and only two supporting characters(Weavers and the crazy colonel)are the least bit interesting.On top of that there are some seriously blatant political themes that bog the movie down a bit.But if all you want are excellent visual effects and action,this is your movie
Kid, 8 years old March 7, 2011