Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Kid, 10 years old May 13, 2011

Perfect for 10 year olds

This is a great movie... Maybe not appropriate for kids under 10. This movie is pretty long and may be boring to some people... But the 3D is amazing... Not pieces of junk flying at you, you ARE in the forest, fighting with the Na'vi! Jake is a great role model, rebelling for the sake of the greater good. Bit violent (everything between poison tipped arrows and AK47 machine guns) but intense graphics with an even more intense story line! It is a must see! Now you are going to look at that review and say "Ha! That guy says he's 10!? i can't write a review like that!" Well maybe you just don't have the talent, for all you people that did exactly what i just said you would do.
Teen, 14 years old Written byPenandpaper May 13, 2011

So-so movie

Great movie-scary for younger kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune May 12, 2011

Yay, Avatar! 2 hours and 41 minutes later... FINALLY!

Alright, I have to say, this movie was WAY too long. They took to long to get the story set up, and by the time they did, I found myself bored to death. Even the climax seems to take awhile. I know it takes a long time to create a good movie, but seriously, there ARE limits. I found it mildly entertaining, and it had some good lessons that we as humans are the people we picture as aliens. We were aliens to a strange planet, and we were taking over, and the hero, Jake Sully (the last name could probably be an Easter egg to Monster's University [Monsters Inc. 2] coming to theaters on November 2, 2012) feels for the natives of the planet. He decides to become one of them and fight off the human menace. I would recommend this to a person who could sit and watch a movie for 2 hours and 41 minutes, because I sure can't. Show it to someone that has a little patience for a story to build up. Overall, it was a good movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTiffy6666 May 3, 2011

Best Movie Ever

I really loved this movie! I recommend everyone to see it, if you have the time it's quite long. James Cameron is an absolute genius, not one to be missed. All time favourite movie. Bit violent but amazing, even more breath-taking when watched in HD, it's like you're actually on planet Pandora.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2011

cool

i think it was a cool movie, but little kids will not understand it. it was kinda violent too.
Kid, 11 years old April 30, 2011

Perfect for tweens

Best movie ever!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byClearastheSea April 27, 2011

Nicely done

I saw this movie with my family awhile after the big buzz about it. Overall, it was extremely well done and has and interesting plot. Some of the violence may not be suitable for younger kids, but preteens and up will enjoy it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 23, 2011

R in Disguise

This movie could pass as an R rated movie due to the harsh violent scene at the end of the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak April 18, 2011

Another masterpiece from James Cameron!

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Intense sequences of war violence/peril, a brief mild sexual situation, language, smoking, and some thematic material
Teen, 14 years old Written byiNSPiRED April 18, 2011

Good Movie!

There were only about two clips of the movie that made Avatar pg13, and those two scenes were either very violent or somewhat suggestive. Otherwise, a great movie brimming with conquering dreams and winning at the end!
Kid, 10 years old April 17, 2011

Pretty violent, but no obvious bad language

I watched it when I was 9 and I didn't notice any traces or swearing, but the violence was very obvious and I think you should be at least 12 to watch parts of it. Overall I think it's for kids aged around 10-11+.
Kid, 11 years old April 17, 2011

what ever

i think the message is: that even though saving some person would risk your life WHAT THE HELL JUST GO FOR IT! Plus also it says to people that even though you look different doesn't mean your nobody but a person that has just the same amounts of right to live!
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2011

BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This movie is fantastic though a bit violent so all you tree- huggers may not like it cause there's lots of nature being blown up. Some kissing but I'm 12 and not a mushy person and I though it was tolerable. The language is pretty bad tons of cussing under your breath sort of stuff. The messages r pretty good Jake (main character) and some friends join sides with the Na' vi dudes. AND I REPEAT BEST MOVIE EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byBennyY April 11, 2011

good for teens

I enjoyed the overall story but the battle sequence at the end was long and violent.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 10, 2011

i rate this title ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Messages: Overall, the movie's message is that we could all stand to learn something from a (fictional) peaceful, nature-loving alien population. Strong environmental and pro-peace themes. Some viewers may see the message of occupying a foreign land to usurp their cultural riches as a political dig at America's involvement in the Middle East. * Role models: Several characters make difficult but moral choices. Jake chooses to defend the Na'vi even though it's against orders to do so and means he must fight (and kill) fellow human soldiers. Neytiri, Grace, and Trudy all make personal sacrifices to help the clan; they're strong, courageous, and assertive female characters. (In both the human and Na'vi populations, female characters are just as brave and important as the males -- even the Na'vi mating ritual requires that a female accept/choose the male who chooses her.) On the flip side, the Colonel and corporate boss Parker are portrayed as bloodthirsty and greedy. What to watch out for * Violence: Characters (supporting and extras) die due to explosions, bullet wounds, arrows (some treated with toxins), precipitous falls, and asphyxiation. There are several intense scenes involving frightening Pandoran creatures and plants, as well as tension between Jake's rogue group of pro-Na'vi humans and the rest of the humans sent to Pandora. Close More Characters (supporting and extras) die due to e… * Sex: Many longing looks between Jake's avatar and Neytiri, which eventually leads to kissing and "mating" (only kissing and touching are seen on screen). The Na'vi's humanoid bodies are barely dressed. * Language: The word "s--t" is said several times (as well as its brothers, "bull s--t" and "holy s--t"). Other colorful language includes "godd--n," "piss," limp-d--ked," "h--l," "oh my God," "ass," and mild insults like "stupid," "ignorant," etc. * Consumerism: No product placement in the movie, but there are dozens of tie-in merchandising deals tied to the title -- including toys and books aimed at young kids. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Sigourney Weaver's character, Grace, smokes cigarettes and somewhat glamorizes the activity.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2011

Great movie for my age!

Great movie but lots of curses.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011
Look nice and Original of Many Apreciate colors but it is very violient! and I can't understanding to speak! something Weird?!?
Kid, 9 years old April 7, 2011

avatar is awesome

Super good movie but with some violence and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypatton1942 April 6, 2011

good dads and sons

a awsome movie that i saw 4 times at the movie theater (3 times in 3D) it has some bad language but the plot is very good .
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Good for teens

THIS MOVIE WAS OKAY. But, the special effects were amazing. I watched this movie when i was ten.