All member reviews for Avatar

Action-heavy epic has dazzling effects, familiar story.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBennyY April 11, 2011

good for teens

I enjoyed the overall story but the battle sequence at the end was long and violent.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheSuperman765 April 10, 2011

i rate this title ON for ages 12+

The good stuff * Messages: Overall, the movie's message is that we could all stand to learn something from a (fictional) peaceful, nature-loving alien population. Strong environmental and pro-peace themes. Some viewers may see the message of occupying a foreign land to usurp their cultural riches as a political dig at America's involvement in the Middle East. * Role models: Several characters make difficult but moral choices. Jake chooses to defend the Na'vi even though it's against orders to do so and means he must fight (and kill) fellow human soldiers. Neytiri, Grace, and Trudy all make personal sacrifices to help the clan; they're strong, courageous, and assertive female characters. (In both the human and Na'vi populations, female characters are just as brave and important as the males -- even the Na'vi mating ritual requires that a female accept/choose the male who chooses her.) On the flip side, the Colonel and corporate boss Parker are portrayed as bloodthirsty and greedy. What to watch out for * Violence: Characters (supporting and extras) die due to explosions, bullet wounds, arrows (some treated with toxins), precipitous falls, and asphyxiation. There are several intense scenes involving frightening Pandoran creatures and plants, as well as tension between Jake's rogue group of pro-Na'vi humans and the rest of the humans sent to Pandora. Close More Characters (supporting and extras) die due to e… * Sex: Many longing looks between Jake's avatar and Neytiri, which eventually leads to kissing and "mating" (only kissing and touching are seen on screen). The Na'vi's humanoid bodies are barely dressed. * Language: The word "s--t" is said several times (as well as its brothers, "bull s--t" and "holy s--t"). Other colorful language includes "godd--n," "piss," limp-d--ked," "h--l," "oh my God," "ass," and mild insults like "stupid," "ignorant," etc. * Consumerism: No product placement in the movie, but there are dozens of tie-in merchandising deals tied to the title -- including toys and books aimed at young kids. * Drinking, drugs, & smoking: Sigourney Weaver's character, Grace, smokes cigarettes and somewhat glamorizes the activity.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2011

Great movie for my age!

Great movie but lots of curses.
Kid, 11 years old April 9, 2011

Look nice and Original of Many Apreciate colors but it is very violient! and I can't understanding to speak! something Weird?!?
Teen, 13 years old Written byMadbax21 April 7, 2011

AMAZING

WAS IT JUST ME OR WAS THIS MOVIE AMAZZZING. LUV IT LUV IT LUV IT.
Kid, 9 years old April 7, 2011

avatar is awesome

Super good movie but with some violence and language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypatton1942 April 6, 2011

good dads and sons

a awsome movie that i saw 4 times at the movie theater (3 times in 3D) it has some bad language but the plot is very good .
Kid, 12 years old April 4, 2011

Good for teens

THIS MOVIE WAS OKAY. But, the special effects were amazing. I watched this movie when i was ten.
Kid, 10 years old April 4, 2011

do u like it ?

this is one of my favorite movies the war was the best part.
Kid, 12 years old March 31, 2011

Good, with some flaws

I love Avatar! There are only a few issues about it that I hate: 1. Bad words (they use sh*t, d---, @$$, d--k, cr*p, and I think something that wasn't but sounded like the F-bomb. 2. A lady named Grace smokes a cigarette in the beginning. 3. It's a little too violent. 4. I had to take a potty break but was forced to wait until the movie was over and I had to hold it in for 2 hours straight. Other than that, LOVE IT!!!
Parent of a 10 year old Written byMrs. Padilla March 30, 2011

Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 March 28, 2011

Excellent epic sci-fi/fantasy that will most definitely be remembered three-thousand years from now

My rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of sci-fi/fantasy violence and action including epic humanoid peril, brief language, some sensuality and scenes of smoking and drug use.
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2011

I love Avatar!

THE BEST MOVIE EVER!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysillycomb March 23, 2011

You can go into those machines that make you into avatars starting at 6th grade

This movie has reason to be the #1 box office. It had a great and creative plot. The violence isn't that bad. Swearing occurs a little less than often. The way Jake and Neytiri mate would bug younger kids, but not tween
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoolbrees09 March 23, 2011

great movie, a little too much swearing

good message about standing up for what is right. also, sh-- is said many times, but other than that, it is a wonderfully made movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner March 22, 2011

A woundrous jorney for preteens and up

Extrodanary to see. I think people should be reminded though that this movie is not only an action movie but a romance between Jake Sully and Neytiri as well. But is it just me, or did it seem like they were cursing about 800 times in the beginning of the movie? Parents should be on the look out for violence and some mild sexual content. By this, I'm talking about a scene where Jake and Neytiri begin to"mate" under a tree. (Note: it's very short.)
Teen, 14 years old Written byAirForceOne March 20, 2011

Great Movie, Okay for the Family

Pretty good movie, however there is a lot of violence. There are also several words that are said in the movie that aren't age appropriate. A character is also shown smoking in the movie. Theres nothing really too bad however about this movie, you could probably watch it with your whole family without being too worried.
Kid, 10 years old March 20, 2011

I think it was a good movie for kids 11 and up but not for kids under 9. The language is ok, they do say some bad words but not much. They do have one part when they do have a little sex, so watch out for that. I would say the violence is ok, they do have two wars and are a little violent.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybigshow19 March 19, 2011

for tweens and teens

it is my favorite movie ever its awesome perfect for 10+ it has a lot of violence some mild sexual content also some swearing but overall i would give it PG-10 if there was such thing
Kid, 11 years old March 15, 2011

11+

It was pretty interesting. I saw it a while ago though, and I don't remember any bad language. It's a very exciting film.