Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Avengers: Endgame

Intense but satisfying finale is an epic gift to MCU fans.

Adult Written byjellybelly29 May 6, 2019

great movie terrible swearing

okay so i went to see this with family and we were well prepared for the leinth of the movie and we got extra snacks during the movie however what we werent prepared for was the use of the gd word not something i approve of but aside from that the movie was fantastic hilarious action packed so so much fun well worth the price of admition

Adult Written byUr mom gayyy May 5, 2019

The best MCU movie but needs a strong head

Language: sob, shit, dickhead, bullshit, ass, asshole. Violence: Marvel comic violence, suicide, and murder Sex: Making out, America’s ass
Legendary movie, but needs 8+ for content and ending

Adult Written byWill loves movies May 5, 2019

How did Marvel pull this off!!!!

This review will be spoiler heavy but I will put a big spoiler warning when I get there so I will start with a general review. Marvel's Avengers Endgame was exactly what I was hoping for and more so. The conclusion of a 22 film saga that took place over the course of 11 years was absolutely satisfying and at times mind blowing. Avengers Endgame was great in how it showed our heroes were willing to do "Whatever It Takes" to defeat Thanos after the "snap" at the end of Infinity War which is quite inspiring and is a great message for the audience. There is some language including one scene where the S-word is said 4 or 5 times in a one-minute scene but it is played for laughs. This movie does not have as many actions scenes as Infinity War but the action scenes are intense nonetheless. This was a great conclusion to the Infinity Saga and I could not be more happier as a fan of the Marvel comics as well as the MCU. Be prepared for a three-hour epic film that is eleven years in the making. The first two hours of this movie is mostly setup for the epic final act that is nothing but fan service and it is absolutely amazing. Highly recommend this film!

*SPOILER WARNING!!!!!!!!* Do not continue unless you want to be spoiled.
After everything that Thor has gone through, he blames himself for not defeating Thanos and not "going for the head," he lets himself go and is either drunk or drinks alcohol for the entire duration of the movie. However, when it is time for the big final battle, Thor puts down the drink and picks up his axe and hammer to fight Thanos. Some parents might not like the fact that one of the Avengers spends most of the movie being a drunk especially since it is played for comedic relief.

The scene at Vormir where Black Widow sacrifices herself for the Soul Stone is absolutely gut-wrenching as she and Hawkeye fight each other to stop one another from sacrificing themselves with Black Widow doing the sacrifice. It is emotional gripping and might bring tears to your eye.

Iron Man using the infinity stones to defeat Thanos was a tremendous display of self-sacrifice but it leads to one of the most tear jerking moments I have seen in any movie. His death scene and funeral scene made me cry in ways I have never done before in movies.

*END OF SPOILER WARNING*

Parent of a 9 year old Written byKiawe May 5, 2019

Just ties up loose ends not Worth it

Not my favorite it is not good

Adult Written byMikesmith2019 May 5, 2019

Confusing and not make sense

Not make sense like infinity war , characters and story not justify the roles . Not much action as expected .

Adult Written byJakes03 May 5, 2019

Probably a excellent movie bit not for true comicbook fans

Parent of a 10 year old Written bySenseofshed181 May 5, 2019

BFE- Which means Best Film Ever!

Awesome!

Adult Written byBestmoviecritic... May 5, 2019

Too long to get to end

So this movie was very very good at the very end and sort of ok in the middle. If you could skip the first 1.5 hours then do it. The ending was so amazing but should have been expanded much more. The beginning really had little to do with the movie overall. I love long movies and most of the other avengers were great and kept my kids attention. But this one needed more. I feel like it might be a precursor of what is to come but in a negative way.
Adult Written byHemeda22 May 3, 2019
Adult Written bySteven Romaine May 2, 2019

Emotional

Parent of a 10 year old Written byLevitico May 1, 2019

Adult Written byIlovespidey May 1, 2019

Avengers Endgame

Okay so your child should be at least eight, because it has some swearing ,drinking and violence. Now if I weren’t reviewing I would say this movie is great it is super long but all the people who disintegrated came back and it was a very good movie.
Adult Written byAnonymouseAN May 1, 2019

Absolutely Marvel -ous !

The best movie . It gets a bit emotional but .. remember to bring a hankie , if you cry . It's probably the best movie of the year . Certainly a movie not to miss !

Parent of a 13 year old Written byThe beavs May 1, 2019

Best movie of 2019 so far!!!

If you let your kids see other marvel movies it is ok some language some gore but all normal for marvel epic movie very well done
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written byHendo H. U May 1, 2019

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTeanna B. May 1, 2019

Endgame is worthy... I love it 3000

Few films manage to pull of a sequel, much less an Epic Saga that spans 11 years and 22 movies. Like the comics it's based on, the story and character arcs move through those years and films like a well placed Hawkeye arrow.

This is the bullseye.

Iron Man and Captain America are the heart and soul of these films, and their relationship of brothers-in-arms with opposite approaches to solving the world's (and universe's) evil is at the heart of Endgame. If you have read the comic version of the Infinity War saga... it won't spoil this, because Endgame has more than a few twists and turns, and is different from the comic.

We suspected a few beloved characters will meet their doom; this story has the biggest stakes, some actors are moving on to other things... but we do know Black Panther and Spiderman have upcoming films. Still, you won't have any idea what or who or how until it happens in the story.

The physical conflict in epic fantasy, science fiction, or comic books reflects the universal spiritual conflicts felt by all of us, a literal visible battle of Good and Evil. While there is excellent comic book action, and huge epic sequences, the core of this is the characters and their relationships and how they react to the events of the first part of the tale (Infinity War). Even superheroes are human, and have limits.

Even superheroes can fall from grace, make mistakes, have "red on their ledger"... and still find redemption.

Whether your specific kid is ready to experience this amazing movie is up to you as a parent (maybe see it yourself first). If they have seen the other Marvel movies, this is the same style. It is well thought out storytelling with great characters overcoming vast obstacles, risking everything to do the impossible. It is realistic in the right places without being Grim and Gritty and Apocalyptic. "Naughty words" feel realistically placed (Iron Man apologizes to his kid for it) and are minimal. The emphasis is on relationships, not sex. The comic book battles between Good and Evil, while believable, are removed enough from the real world to be cathartic rather than inspiring nightmares.

It's also pretty funny in places.

But bring your box of tissues...

When characters do unheroic things, we see why, and how they rise to heroism again.

Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) in an interview reminds us that Hawkeye has no superpowers, he's just a guy with a bow. So there, you can find your own inner superhero.

This film is a worthy conclusion to the Avengers saga... the last chapter of the first epic book.

There will be more books...

Stick around, as usual, through the end credits. While there are no end credit scenes (this is the Last Chapter of the book, so no need for teasers for future films), there are some great graphics in the credits for each Avenger actor/character.

The very last sound you hear is the ring of hammer on metal: from the first Iron Man film when he forged his first suit of armor.

Full circle.

Let the new circle begin...

Parent Written byKate T. May 1, 2019
I think it was way too long and confusing.

Should be more graphic and less confusing and shorter.

Adult Written byhi guys its me April 30, 2019

hi

Adult Written byUmair Lang April 30, 2019

Adult Written byGeorge M. April 30, 2019

Great action movie

Great action movie with some intense and emotional scenes but ultimately it’s harmless fun. All the violence is in a fantasy context and would be unlikely to disturb a child of 10 years or over. Some mild language too.