All member reviews for Awake

Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2011

SUCKISH MOVIE

the video rview scared the crap out of me im not watching this peice of junk
Teen, 13 years old Written by121charmed August 12, 2009

Good movie but now I don't EVER wanna have surgery!

I thought this was a very good movie but when I figured out the big secret I was like ' NOOOOO'. I really like Jessica Alba so you get it! the only gory bit was at the start but apart from that the movie was really good. not for kids under 12 years old though.

It was hard to stay Awake...

I've heard alot of critics totally bash this movie, and I don't know why. The film is just OK, that is true, but I don't think it deserves to TOTALLY bomb. The acting was wooden, the storyline dragged, and yet...the twists still got me. The ending was actually pretty good, and even though Jessica Alba's hotness went to waste (no nudity, parents), I still think this movie was worthwhile...keeping in mind that 'worthwhile' means about 80 minutes, and that ain't a long time. As for the violence in the film - it really isn't "violent", just very yucky at times.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMishmashley93 April 9, 2008

Love It!

This movie tells the story of a wealthy socialite that needs open heart surgery. We the anasetesia does not work he can hear and fell ever thing happening around him (though he is paraylzed) including an plot to have him killed. I think it is okay for kids my age if they are mature!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavvyanna13 April 9, 2008

realistic!!!

Awake was a really cool movie,i wanted to see it ever since it was in theaters. The characters were real and decieving it showed what really happened during surgery as well as the characters emotions and state of mind. There wasn't a lot of violence(as in fighting) but there was some blood and a heart shown but it was real it wasn't murdering people. There were several uses of the word f--k but it was totoally needed, b//c unfortunatley he was awake and i would say exactly what he said. But, i do have to say that some of the kissing scenes weren't needed in the movie to make it a good medical thriller. (no nudity) i think it was interesting with a good ending and is okay for any mature teen 13+!
Teen, 14 years old Written byjldroulers April 9, 2008

2 plot twists in 1 movie? Awesome

This is a thriller that will undoubtebly be under-appreciated. I honestly dont see whats so bad about it. It has one star for what? It's got an amazing plot and a cool surreal "before death scene." Its really well thought out and expressed. I felt chills and betrayed and I felt pain like the character did. The drug use is medication or neccesary for the plot and the violence is just surgery which you can see on the Discovery Channel and a brief hit on the head with a metal firestick. there is no sex only kisses and language... well it... ok there is language but hey... its everywhere. WATCH THIS MOVIE!
Kid, 11 years old January 9, 2012

scary movie

I've watched this and its to scary.... I shouldn't watch this because im going into sugery next week.. but the movie was good though
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 16, 2014

good

Good but not for kids under the age of 17.Girls or boys aged 17 can watch it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 April 19, 2012

awake is one of the worst movies ever

this movie sucks like it sucks hard rushed everything