All member reviews for Awakenings

Robin Williams plays it serious in moving true story.

Adult Written byPickledPython April 9, 2008

Amazing

I have viewed this film twice; once several years ago, and again a few days ago. It is a very touching movie with incredible acting.
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Good Psychological Medical Drama

Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2010

so emotional a guy in my class cried when they saw leonard's mom saw him awaken. love it
Kid, 9 years old December 31, 2014

sad

sad at the end.
Kid, 10 years old December 1, 2009

awesome!!!

good but words like f--k and d-m
Teen, 16 years old Written by3rdPersonPerspective May 24, 2015

A most touching story with mature themes

Awakenings is one of my favorite films. With stellar deliveries from film legends Robert De Niro and Robin Williams, smart, touching, and believable dialogue, this movie will not disappoint artistically. The only reason the movie received a PG-13 rating is because of one f-word and the content, which, while not inappropriate, is certainly not for young audiences. Anyone too young would not be entertained by this film, which includes themes such as despair, hope, perseverance, and humanity's frailty. In conclusion, it's a moving, powerful story, and a must-see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. April 21, 2012

Sad but moving.

Adult Written bylifelonglori April 15, 2012

This is not an awakening you want your 10+ child to have!

As an adult, I was moved,scared, and left encouraged. Penny Marshall did an excellent job at making a great movie about a often ignored subject, mental illness. I do not agree that children 10+ should be watching this movie though. It doesn't end nicely, and even as an adult, I was often scared by the maturity of the subject matter. This video is best watched with older adults, so they know what kind of stuff has gone on in this area.