All member reviews for Babe

Teen, 14 years old Written byJemmy March 11, 2009

Charming!

This was such an adorable movie! Babe is so cute, although I must say, the word butt heads was used, and there was a little highlight of violence. I give it a four star review.
Kid, 10 years old July 29, 2010

I totally forgot what it is about but I know it was a good movie, so whatever I rate, I'm not sure if it would really be that.
Kid, 11 years old July 21, 2010

I have it on DVD

Its a good moive
Kid, 10 years old June 29, 2009

We love it

My family loves this movie
Kid, 8 years old May 14, 2013

...

i hate it. it is so boring.
Teen, 16 years old Written bySeb Mayers January 14, 2013

There are only very few drawbacks, but the film is fine for kids.

There are some situations, don't be fooled by the film's cuteness. Violence: [2/5] There is some blood and a few characters die. Sex And Nudity: [1/5] There is some very mild innuendo. Profanity: [1/5] There is very mild language, but there is no swearing. Drugs/Alcohol/Smoking: [0/5] There is none of any concern. Disturbing Content: [2/5] There are some very intense moments. (Babe is pointed at a gun point in one scene.) Overall Recommended Rating: PG.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 14, 2011

love

i love this movie so much.its amazing and cute.one of my fave movies.its really not violent
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2009

adorable

MY WHOLE FAMILY LOVES THIS MOVIE its such a cute movie but maybe a bit scary i know im almost 10 but that kitty freaked me out lol
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2014

Brilliant, but be careful

I was still four when I first saw this movie. It was brilliant to me then, and it's still brilliant to me now. Babe is absolutely adorable, and the whole movie is sweet and lovely. It taught me respect and love (and I'd be lying if I said it never influenced me turning vegetarian). There's violence, yes, and some insulting language, but really, it's nothing compared to what's around nowadays. Some characters died, and it made me cry then, and makes me cry now. Maa's death is rather frightening, and so is the attack on her in general. Farmer Hogget pointing a gun at Babe has always disturbed me a bit, but, hey, I was always a rather sensitive kid. The only thing that you should really be careful about that part where Rex attacks Fly. Rex is the male sheepdog, and Fly the female one. It didn't bother me then, but now to me, it seems a bit like an abusive relationship. While it's certainly nothing that should just be dismissed, it's still something to be careful about. But, hey, at least Rex redeems himself in the end. But it's still one of my absolute favorite movies. So sweet!
Kid, 11 years old March 14, 2014

A good film for younger kids

This film is fine for all the family, and it has a good positive message. However there are a couple of scary scenes, and at one point the farmer is about to shoot the main character. There is also a breif fight between two dogs.
Teen, 17 years old Written byadvocatewhat'sright January 11, 2013

Such a sweet story!

This is by far one of the sweetest movies ever. Common Sense nailed it this time in the main review. It's a very loveable and inspiring story. As mentioned, there are some scary moments, and a few insults are hurled. Sheep, pigs, ducks, and chickens are said to be "definitely stupid", hence they are eaten at Christmas time. The sheep also call all dogs wolves, because many dogs have attacked them (and in one scene, a loveable elderly ewe is killed, but it is handled rather decently.) But Babe is definitely a positive role model, for he, as the narrator tells us, has an unprejudiced heart. He's a little pig with a big heart of gold and he goes a long way as a result. Overall: 10/10 a highly recommended movie (I've seen it since I was two and have always felt this way).
Teen, 15 years old Written bypatilly100 May 15, 2012

Beautiful Movie... Oink!

This movie is so heartwarming. There is a scene with two dogs fighting, but it's not graphic at all. Babe says to some sheep "Get out of the way... you... you big buttheads!" But it's all for trying to be like his adopted mother, who herds sheep and told him to be aggressive. All-in-all, this movie is very sweet and is a must-see. Go see it now!
Kid, 7 years old April 8, 2012

A delightful family movie -just keep the remote handy!

If you sit with your children and fast forward a few scenes, then you can watch it with your 4 year old. I have a very sensitive 4 year old who loves the movie but we fast forwarded the two wolves scenes and a little of the gun scene (because Mommy gets scared!) And you should know that the word "butthead" is used. Our family absolutely LOVED the movie and by the time my youngest is 6, we won't have to have the remote control in our hands!
Kid, 8 years old August 2, 2009