All member reviews for Babies

Mesmerizing film for kids and parents who adore wee ones.

Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2011

Cute!

This movie was so cool!!!! it was funny, and just perfect for my family. the babies are so cute, and you can see other cultures' babies!
Kid, 8 years old February 2, 2011

Alexis lee

persnally i love it!
Parent of a 3, 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byannie j December 28, 2010

Funny, sweet and worth watching

I LOVED this movie! It was so interesting to see how different children are raised all around the world. I laughed at how funny little ones can act whether it be in dirt, on carpet or in a bath of water. Definitely worth watching!
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byhod December 23, 2010

My kids loved this film and loved comparing and contrasting he parenting and environments of the babies.
Parent Written byParismama October 12, 2010

A charming documentary

We loved this movie. My older child was able to sympathize with the different cultures and "got" the meaning behind the film, whereas my youngest just loved watching the babies! For me, I was only put off slightly by the obvious stereotypes- Poor= Black Africans in a hut, rich= White Americans in the Bay Area ( Why not a middle-class African and a poverty-stricken American?) But pushing that aside, I found the film to be beautifully filmed with a lot of charm.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 12 year old Written bycreativefamilym... December 30, 2010

My daughter couldn't handle all the topless moms and showing kids defecating on legs and such...
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 November 21, 2010

Cuties!

These Babies are so cute! I like looking at what I was like when I was around that age! I think the worries are in Nambia, you see women's breats and boy's private parts. Also, a birth seen is shown with Bayar. I think a lot of people will enjoy this because it's great watching cute little babies grow up!
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bycyndifug8 December 9, 2010

Everybody loves babies!

My daughters and I enjoyed this film immensely. It is an honest look at babies from four different cultures for the first year or so of their lives, which ultimately demonstrates how much we all have in common despite our differences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShawdy1050 January 16, 2011

Adorable!!!!!

These babies are sooo cute. In Africa it shows the mother naked and the little boys private part. But what do you expect from a movie titled BABIES.
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written bynatasha7 November 2, 2010

This was an EXCELLENT documentary. But I don't think it's appropriate for younger children due to the amount of maternal nudity. Most of it is just mother's breastfeeding but it is much more graphically portrayed than what western audiences are used to. There also is one very brief full body shot of a mother getting out of a hot tub. I would say watch this with your teenage children. Might be a bit much for tweens.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bylaurelsstitchery October 28, 2010

Not just for big kids

My DD is two and was riveted by this movie! She sat still the entire time and she still asks for this one even though it went back to the video store almost a month ago. I originally rented it because we're going to have a second child in a few months, so I wanted her to see what babies do. We're thinking about buying a copy for her. :)
Parent of an infant, 3, 12, 13, 17, and 20 year old Written by4 kids May 9, 2010

Babies Review

Rating: OFF 11+ for language
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 11, 2011

nudity nudity nudity! bad movie anyway

Wayyyyyy too much nudity. If this amount of nudity was in a comedy, it would be at least R.
Adult Written bysceneit March 14, 2011

good for those thinking of having little ones

there is a LOOOOOOTTTT of boob action in this movie; nudity practically the whole way through. you can;t watch for 5 minutes without seeing women walking around topless; especially in africa. not always in the breast feeding sense. they are just living life nude. extreme caution should be used when watching this with children or allowing them to see it
Kid, -1 years old August 5, 2010

i love it

but it shows a breast sometime on tv channels coverd it im glad the tv channels covered the breast.
Teen, 13 years old Written byiamjustinbieber... February 26, 2011

DISQUSTING!!!!

I thought this movie was going to bee great but all i got was winning crying babys and lots of NUDITY!!! EWWWW!
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byJothe January 2, 2011

Will keep your attention and make you smile

My children (3 and 6) loved watching each of the 4 babies in their countries and cultures and my husband and I enjoyed it, too. There are breasts shown while some babies are breastfeeding but it is in a natural way and did not raise eyebrows with my children, who were not used to seeing it. Fascinating to see what each family considers "normal" in the raising of their children. Well done.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymommygirl19 August 20, 2010

Amazingly Riveting for 2 and 3 Year Olds

I have to differ here with the caveat that this film is great for only kids 7+. My 2 and 3 year old were riveted by this movie. They adored it and found the cultural diversity -- even the breast feeding -- very natural and 100% interesting. This is the first 40 minute stretch my 2 year old has spent in front of the TV. Ordinarily he lasts 5 minutes tops. This movie is very unique in that it appeals wordlessly to actual babies. Amazing.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byPink Drink June 4, 2011

Entertaining and Educational

I watched this with my 11-year-old daughter and her friend. They were surprised by the nudity in Africa and also by the "gooiness" of a newborn. However they enjoyed the movie, and it gave us a lot to talk about regarding different cultures. It opened their eyes to the fact that people throughout the world grow up very differently, but we are all human - and no matter where they are born, babies and children also have a lot in common. It was a fun way of exposing the kids to cultural differences around the world.
Kid, 8 years old June 7, 2010

cant wait

i love this movie so much