All member reviews for Babies

Mesmerizing film for kids and parents who adore wee ones.

Parent of a 3, 5, 7, and 9 year old Written byannie j December 28, 2010

Funny, sweet and worth watching

I LOVED this movie! It was so interesting to see how different children are raised all around the world. I laughed at how funny little ones can act whether it be in dirt, on carpet or in a bath of water. Definitely worth watching!
Kid, 11 years old May 3, 2011

Cute!

This movie was so cool!!!! it was funny, and just perfect for my family. the babies are so cute, and you can see other cultures' babies!
Kid, 8 years old February 2, 2011

Alexis lee

persnally i love it!
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

Great!

I really did love this movie. It did show breastfeeding, but thats what you should expect from a movie titled BABIES!!!! Me and a bunch of my friends watched it and some parts made us start laughing alot, and some made us a little grossed out. It really was the cutest movie i have ever seen,EVER! and if you liked this movie, you might like oceans, too!
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 June 3, 2012

get ready for the talk

kids will ask where babies come from.
Parent of a 6, 9, and 12 year old Written bycreativefamilym... December 30, 2010

My daughter couldn't handle all the topless moms and showing kids defecating on legs and such...
Parent of a 6 and 10 year old Written bynatasha7 November 2, 2010

This was an EXCELLENT documentary. But I don't think it's appropriate for younger children due to the amount of maternal nudity. Most of it is just mother's breastfeeding but it is much more graphically portrayed than what western audiences are used to. There also is one very brief full body shot of a mother getting out of a hot tub. I would say watch this with your teenage children. Might be a bit much for tweens.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bylaurelsstitchery October 28, 2010

Not just for big kids

My DD is two and was riveted by this movie! She sat still the entire time and she still asks for this one even though it went back to the video store almost a month ago. I originally rented it because we're going to have a second child in a few months, so I wanted her to see what babies do. We're thinking about buying a copy for her. :)
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bykaliope October 26, 2010

Great for siblings with new babies in the house

We have a new baby in the house ourselves and my 5 year old loved this movie. It's thought provoking for the parents as we watched much different lifestyles than our own raise these adorable babies.
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymommygirl19 August 20, 2010

Amazingly Riveting for 2 and 3 Year Olds

I have to differ here with the caveat that this film is great for only kids 7+. My 2 and 3 year old were riveted by this movie. They adored it and found the cultural diversity -- even the breast feeding -- very natural and 100% interesting. This is the first 40 minute stretch my 2 year old has spent in front of the TV. Ordinarily he lasts 5 minutes tops. This movie is very unique in that it appeals wordlessly to actual babies. Amazing.
Kid, -1 years old August 5, 2010

i love it

but it shows a breast sometime on tv channels coverd it im glad the tv channels covered the breast.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byChrisidink June 11, 2010

Worth viewing

A strikingly simple documentary with no interviews. Simply watching the babies and moms through Year 1. Great contrast of cultures, but understood from any language-point.
Kid, 11 years old May 12, 2010

looks good

FOR PEOPLE WHO SAID OFF UR DUMB THERE IS NO LANUGE IN THIS FILM
Written byAnonymous November 2, 2014

Gross movie offends lot of people. Cute free.

My rating:NC-17 for graphic nudity throughout
Kid, 9 years old August 1, 2013

Adorable Movie

Aww! It's an adorable film about how babies are raised in other parts of the world. Please stop berating this movie so much for one scene. I watched this movie with my mom two years ago, and I loved it. Yes, there IS nudity, but kids can discuss it with a parent, or watch it with a parent. It's part of their culture and beliefs. That's the norm in Namibia. I really loved this movie overall. It gives kids an idea of what it's like in other countries.
Educator and Parent of a 26 and 28 year old Written byleahanne April 27, 2013

Marvelous film for young kids and toddlers

"Babies" was the only media my daughter watched for about 6 months. She's loved it - learned about cultures, doctors and children. Her curiosity was piqued. She knows each child's name and she mimics what happens with her dolls. I came in one day, for example, and found she'd "written" her doll's name on its feet, like Mari in Japan. And now she always wraps and ties dolls up like Bayar in Mongolia. Marvelous film for kids when a parent needs some time.
Educator and Parent Written by2+4=6 March 30, 2012

Great for families

I really enjoyed this film with my 8, 6 & 3 yo. The fact that we as a culture are so appalled at the lack of clothing in another culture is disturbing to me. Yes, I wear clothes, but they don't. My kids asked a few questions about it, but were not disturbed. I thought there were a few scenes where the film skewed a bit towards stereotypes, which I found disappointing. All in all, I was left wanting more. More time on each culture/child. More time to see if the stereotypes held, or if the director just focused on their own biases. I appreciate being able to be exposed to and expose my children to other ways of living, and to have an open dialog of such.
Parent Written bykimmiesmile March 24, 2012

Great to share with your child!

My daughter is adopted from a third world country and we loved watching this together. I think it was really neat for both of to see how other cultures raise their children.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 January 16, 2012

sweet movie.

This was a really cute and sweet movie. It did have lots of nudity, but it was just culture and breast-feeding, and plus I'm a girl so it didn't really bother me.
Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byPink Drink June 4, 2011

Entertaining and Educational

I watched this with my 11-year-old daughter and her friend. They were surprised by the nudity in Africa and also by the "gooiness" of a newborn. However they enjoyed the movie, and it gave us a lot to talk about regarding different cultures. It opened their eyes to the fact that people throughout the world grow up very differently, but we are all human - and no matter where they are born, babies and children also have a lot in common. It was a fun way of exposing the kids to cultural differences around the world.