All member reviews for Babies

Mesmerizing film for kids and parents who adore wee ones.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 November 21, 2010

Cuties!

These Babies are so cute! I like looking at what I was like when I was around that age! I think the worries are in Nambia, you see women's breats and boy's private parts. Also, a birth seen is shown with Bayar. I think a lot of people will enjoy this because it's great watching cute little babies grow up!
Parent of a 2 year old Written bylaurelsstitchery October 28, 2010

Not just for big kids

My DD is two and was riveted by this movie! She sat still the entire time and she still asks for this one even though it went back to the video store almost a month ago. I originally rented it because we're going to have a second child in a few months, so I wanted her to see what babies do. We're thinking about buying a copy for her. :)
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written bykaliope October 26, 2010

Great for siblings with new babies in the house

We have a new baby in the house ourselves and my 5 year old loved this movie. It's thought provoking for the parents as we watched much different lifestyles than our own raise these adorable babies.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheerchic747 October 23, 2010

good for tweens, but not for younger kids

This movie is SOO cute!! but in different areas of the world, cultures are different. In one country there is alot of maternal nudity (Only show breasts, nothing else)... this movie sends a good message, but is more for mature audiences.
Parent Written byParismama October 12, 2010

A charming documentary

We loved this movie. My older child was able to sympathize with the different cultures and "got" the meaning behind the film, whereas my youngest just loved watching the babies! For me, I was only put off slightly by the obvious stereotypes- Poor= Black Africans in a hut, rich= White Americans in the Bay Area ( Why not a middle-class African and a poverty-stricken American?) But pushing that aside, I found the film to be beautifully filmed with a lot of charm.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byOne Picky mom October 7, 2010

Kid, 8 years old September 25, 2010

ON THE FENCE

Its partly a good movie.I am on the fence right now.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

Great!

I really did love this movie. It did show breastfeeding, but thats what you should expect from a movie titled BABIES!!!! Me and a bunch of my friends watched it and some parts made us start laughing alot, and some made us a little grossed out. It really was the cutest movie i have ever seen,EVER! and if you liked this movie, you might like oceans, too!
Parent of a 2 and 3 year old Written bymommygirl19 August 20, 2010

Amazingly Riveting for 2 and 3 Year Olds

I have to differ here with the caveat that this film is great for only kids 7+. My 2 and 3 year old were riveted by this movie. They adored it and found the cultural diversity -- even the breast feeding -- very natural and 100% interesting. This is the first 40 minute stretch my 2 year old has spent in front of the TV. Ordinarily he lasts 5 minutes tops. This movie is very unique in that it appeals wordlessly to actual babies. Amazing.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2010

A cute movie

One scene a mom is seen giving birth.
Kid, -1 years old August 5, 2010

i love it

but it shows a breast sometime on tv channels coverd it im glad the tv channels covered the breast.
Adult Written bytville June 22, 2010

you may want to talk to you kids a bit before the movie about the nudity

A nice documentary film, but the amount of nudity caught me by surprise. I thought there might be some tasteful breastfeeding scenes (with a PG rating)... but it was lactating breasts galore. And lots of one-year old male genitalia investigation. All very natural and innocent, but made a a little uncomfortable (with my son and two nieces 8-11) not knowing this beforehand.
Parent of a 3 and 8 year old Written byChrisidink June 11, 2010

Worth viewing

A strikingly simple documentary with no interviews. Simply watching the babies and moms through Year 1. Great contrast of cultures, but understood from any language-point.
Kid, 8 years old June 7, 2010

cant wait

i love this movie so much
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2010

kinda gross

umm. i've never seen it, but my friend saied a baby wiped his butt on his mother's knee.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 30, 2010

Simple but endearing doc

Who doesn't love babies, really? This documentary shows the viewers that all throughout the world parents raise their kids the same...just through different mannerisms. Go see it, but it's NOT for younger kids. Take a mature kid, because I'm almost positive immature 7-11 year olds are just going to laugh off the maternity scenes.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byleilaandsarasmom May 20, 2010

Great for the whole family

Our whole family went to see Babies together and loved it. We talked about it for hours afterward.
Parent of a 7, 9, and 11 year old Written bytkmkj May 17, 2010

Be aware of some culturally appropriate nudity, but great flick.

Loved it. I made my kids go with me for Mother's Day. My 11-year-old son hid his eyes a bit during all the breast feeding early on in the movie, but all three kids had a lot to talk about afterwards. All four babies were endearing in their very different ways.
Parent Written byInAnyEvent May 14, 2010

Perfect for tweens on up.

We discussed how the babies lives were different from each other and how they were the same.
Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written byEliza88 May 14, 2010

I would never take my sons to see this movie, I think the nudity is extremely inappropriate for a young boy to see. While it is aptly describing the cultural setting, a young boy not used to THAT cultural setting could be affected drastically I believe. I would not even take my daughters to see this until they were older.