All member reviews for Babies

Mesmerizing film for kids and parents who adore wee ones.

Parent of a 11 and 15 year old Written byPink Drink June 4, 2011

Entertaining and Educational

I watched this with my 11-year-old daughter and her friend. They were surprised by the nudity in Africa and also by the "gooiness" of a newborn. However they enjoyed the movie, and it gave us a lot to talk about regarding different cultures. It opened their eyes to the fact that people throughout the world grow up very differently, but we are all human - and no matter where they are born, babies and children also have a lot in common. It was a fun way of exposing the kids to cultural differences around the world.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp April 11, 2011

nudity nudity nudity! bad movie anyway

Wayyyyyy too much nudity. If this amount of nudity was in a comedy, it would be at least R.
Adult Written bysceneit March 14, 2011

good for those thinking of having little ones

there is a LOOOOOOTTTT of boob action in this movie; nudity practically the whole way through. you can;t watch for 5 minutes without seeing women walking around topless; especially in africa. not always in the breast feeding sense. they are just living life nude. extreme caution should be used when watching this with children or allowing them to see it
Teen, 13 years old Written byiamjustinbieber... February 26, 2011

DISQUSTING!!!!

I thought this movie was going to bee great but all i got was winning crying babys and lots of NUDITY!!! EWWWW!
Teen, 13 years old Written byShawdy1050 January 16, 2011

Adorable!!!!!

These babies are sooo cute. In Africa it shows the mother naked and the little boys private part. But what do you expect from a movie titled BABIES.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byJothe January 2, 2011

Will keep your attention and make you smile

My children (3 and 6) loved watching each of the 4 babies in their countries and cultures and my husband and I enjoyed it, too. There are breasts shown while some babies are breastfeeding but it is in a natural way and did not raise eyebrows with my children, who were not used to seeing it. Fascinating to see what each family considers "normal" in the raising of their children. Well done.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byhod December 23, 2010

My kids loved this film and loved comparing and contrasting he parenting and environments of the babies.
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bycyndifug8 December 9, 2010

Everybody loves babies!

My daughters and I enjoyed this film immensely. It is an honest look at babies from four different cultures for the first year or so of their lives, which ultimately demonstrates how much we all have in common despite our differences.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 November 21, 2010

Cuties!

These Babies are so cute! I like looking at what I was like when I was around that age! I think the worries are in Nambia, you see women's breats and boy's private parts. Also, a birth seen is shown with Bayar. I think a lot of people will enjoy this because it's great watching cute little babies grow up!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycheerchic747 October 23, 2010

good for tweens, but not for younger kids

This movie is SOO cute!! but in different areas of the world, cultures are different. In one country there is alot of maternal nudity (Only show breasts, nothing else)... this movie sends a good message, but is more for mature audiences.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byOne Picky mom October 7, 2010

Kid, 8 years old September 25, 2010

ON THE FENCE

Its partly a good movie.I am on the fence right now.
Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2010

A cute movie

One scene a mom is seen giving birth.
Adult Written bytville June 22, 2010

you may want to talk to you kids a bit before the movie about the nudity

A nice documentary film, but the amount of nudity caught me by surprise. I thought there might be some tasteful breastfeeding scenes (with a PG rating)... but it was lactating breasts galore. And lots of one-year old male genitalia investigation. All very natural and innocent, but made a a little uncomfortable (with my son and two nieces 8-11) not knowing this beforehand.
Kid, 8 years old June 7, 2010

cant wait

i love this movie so much
Kid, 12 years old June 3, 2010

kinda gross

umm. i've never seen it, but my friend saied a baby wiped his butt on his mother's knee.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 30, 2010

Simple but endearing doc

Who doesn't love babies, really? This documentary shows the viewers that all throughout the world parents raise their kids the same...just through different mannerisms. Go see it, but it's NOT for younger kids. Take a mature kid, because I'm almost positive immature 7-11 year olds are just going to laugh off the maternity scenes.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byleilaandsarasmom May 20, 2010

Great for the whole family

Our whole family went to see Babies together and loved it. We talked about it for hours afterward.
Parent of a 7, 9, and 11 year old Written bytkmkj May 17, 2010

Be aware of some culturally appropriate nudity, but great flick.

Loved it. I made my kids go with me for Mother's Day. My 11-year-old son hid his eyes a bit during all the breast feeding early on in the movie, but all three kids had a lot to talk about afterwards. All four babies were endearing in their very different ways.
Parent Written byInAnyEvent May 14, 2010

Perfect for tweens on up.

We discussed how the babies lives were different from each other and how they were the same.