All member reviews for Back to the Future Part II

Amusing futuristic sequel more dated, edgier than original.

Teen, 14 years old Written bycheese-process August 24, 2010

Great movie, but the common sense rating was way off.

I thought this movie was great, but the common sense rating was way off. There was lots of language, violence, (including beating), and a couple of references to rape. The grown-up version of Bif forces his wife to wear a sexy dress and then verbally abuses her. He is seen later in a hot tub with two naked women. I just thought I'd mention that, since the common sense people didn't.
Adult Written byWhatdoIthink? April 9, 2008
Whoa! I'm glad they made the third one even though this was so bad. Not only was it an insult to the trilogy, but it was much more inappropriate than the other two. I wouldn't even watch it with kids <12.
Parent Written byAlokin March 2, 2014

please don't show this film to your kids

I registered with common sense just so that I could warn people not to show this film to kids- any age! For once I think the review was way off. We stopped the movie half way through and we were so glad we did- we watched the rest later so that I could tell my kids the basic plot - it is very violent, very sexist - just horrible- and also just a dreadful movie- such a disappointment as part 1 was just as great as I remembered from when I was a kid and we all really enjoyed it. My kids are 8 and 11 and I would have hated even my 11 year old to see the second half- I just wish they hadn't seen the first half. Oh yes also lots of offensive language and I am not a prude- I 'll own up to swearing occasionally myself but this was just bad.
Kid, 10 years old December 12, 2010

Lotsa Swearing

How much this has gone from the breezy, funny Back to the Future l (which made it on my favorites list) to this is one HUGE step! There is swearing and it disrespects women. There is also many VERY low-cut dresses showing major cleavage. There is also some fights and chases. Not as good as the first one. And where's Doc? He's not in there as much!
Parent of a 11, 13, and 16 year old Written byUKJeanine February 26, 2014

Falls short of the original.. way short!

I was disappointed and surprised by the quality of this movie. The lead character is shown considering gambling as an easy way to make money, the lead female character is portrayed as weak, the main bad guy (Biff) is shown to be abusive to women and the language throughout was PG-13 minimum. Repeated use of 'son of a b****' and 'shi*'. The lead character comments on his mother's breast implants. This combined with guns, murder, and two women in a hot tub with a lead character suggest to me a minimum of PG-13 rating.. and then, still only watch it if you're truly desperate.
Kid, 10 years old June 19, 2011

Awesome, Amazing stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Adult Written byhtownjenny March 2, 2013

Skip it.

Coarse, lame, tons of product placement. Wish I'd steered my kids in a different direction.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJoe Marranca August 26, 2010

Pefect for tweens and up

It fine not as good as the first movie but the Inventor is not shot in Part 2 its Part 1.Also it is a confusion story plot and is sometime is very dark like where the Bully is threating to shoot the Teen Character.Referance to weapons and naked women in a hot tub .Also the Teen character does a bad thing in 2015 witch makes an alternate 1985 witch the bully rules the town nuclear waste everywhere biker gangs and and the clocktower has been turned into a casino where Biff lives.Overall okay 11+
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Good Acting, Good Script, Worthy Sequel.

BACK TO THE FUTURE is a classic. I can't say as much for the second installment in the trilogy, BACK TO THE FUTURE PART 2, but it's a pretty darn good sequel. The tone in this one is darker than in the first, but the content level is pretty much the same. Langauge is, like the other one, constant, and there's a moderate amount of sex too. The married villian is shown in a bathtub with two assumably naked women (nothing but shoudlers are seen, as there are bubbles in the bath). The main characters mother, unhappily married to the villian, gestures at her breasts and says "You were the one who wanted me to get these THINGS!" Violence is mild, with a few kicks and punches. This film is worth watching if you're determined to see the entire trilogy or are a big fan of the original. The 1955 sequences from the first one, viewed at a new angle, blow your mind. The biginning 2015 sequence is a bit cheesy, but a brilliant cliffhanger patches it all up well. Michael J. Fox and Christopher Lloyd were made to be in this movie together, and are brilliant onscreen. Worth watching.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHeheGonzalo August 20, 2016

My rating: PG for action and rude humor

Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2014

Amazing sequel sitll dosen't aim for kids.

The sequel to the splendid time-traveling adventure can be told in three words: NOT FOR KIDS. This movie came out a few years after the PG-13 rating, so don't say I didn't warn you! You see, Marty and Doc encounter danger, small use of guns and other weapons. The bully, Biff Tannen, is obsessed with a girl that doesn't even like Biff a single bit. There are people that smoke and about everyone drinks alcohol. And then we have the biggest problem of all: swearing. Marty and Doc may be the good guys, but they don't make a good role model for swearing. There may be a message, but you might be too obsessed with the bad things to get it. Over all, this movie isn't recommended for young kids. It might be okay for tweens, but parent preview would be a good idea. So basically, this movie is best for your teens to watch.
Kid, 9 years old August 11, 2014

good movie but bad language

well this movie was good as the first but some swearing like when Mardi(Michael J Fox) said u son of a b**ch and d**m just tell your children not repeat the words b**ch and d**m there are some guns here and there and when a man is in a hot tub with 2 naked women and a boy intercepted them but good movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byEzio432 September 27, 2010

IFFY FOR 11 AND UP

This movie is much better than the first movie, and is even better than the third, and I can't believe CSM reviewed this 3 stars. They go to the FUTURE for gosh sake! Well the content is worse too. B word, a word, s word. Reference to breast implants, and shows breast implant cleavage.
Kid, 10 years old August 29, 2010

Back to the Future: Part 2

Many References to Cosmetic Surgery. But it was stiil family friendly.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Roxburgh August 24, 2016
Same as the first just the alternate 1985 has one character abusing another badly so you should probably re watch before letting your child see it
Teen, 17 years old Written byMics116 July 17, 2016

Ouch

There is to many swears but it is a80's film,but the bad part is when the girl in Griff's gang spike grabs Marty Jr's balls crunching the in the process
Kid, 11 years old October 15, 2014

Good, but not as good as the original

Biff is naked with two other girls in a spa bath (no nudity shown), Marty is nearly shot by Biff, some uses of s**t.
Kid, 10 years old January 19, 2014

Some what unreal

I like this movie a lot. Although portrays year 2015 as 'the future', a year with more white foil clothes with hovering skateboards and so on but that hasn't happened yet.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe October 20, 2013

This movie is whole lot of fun

This is funner than the original. I got turned on from seeing pictures of ladies in their bras and panties hanging on the walls in the hotel room. Surprisingly, the technology seen in 2015 is not seen today. I wonder why. Compare actors make-up aging for this movie vs. actor actually aging. I also like the soundtrack to this film: "I Can't Drive 55" by Sammy Hagar and "Beat It" by Micheal Jackson are really good songs to put in this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byapple 101 January 24, 2012

These films are some of the best

This movie was really good my parents showed me and I loved it. But there was A LOT of swearing like the sh-t and son of a bit-h and a bit of sexy stuff like Biff in a hot tub with to naked woman even though his married. But people should't be like "It had all this to much for my kids!" Cause it said PG meaning not the best for under 15